Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 31, 2022, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
The original forum lounge thread started by accident but quickly became a popular place to come and discuss off topic things such as hockey, new movies, or almost anything that wouldn't fit into existing AC forum threads. Air Canada or Aeroplan topics such as flight feedback, in-flight services issues, status or mileage earning/redemption are all topics that should go into existing AC forum threads so others can benefit from this information. Topics about hotels or airlines and/or their loyalty programs, destinations, in-flight travel tech. or anything best discussed elsewhere on FT may be relocated to that forum as this thread isn't meant to import travel topics to this forum.

While the conversation is more relaxed as it would be in a lounge, that doesn't mean that the FT rules don't apply here (they definitely do), please refrain from controversial topics such as politics or religion, avoid profanities and treat other lounge patrons with the same respect you expect.

For those interested, previous versions are the original 2004 - 2014 thread,2015 edition, 2016 edition , 2017 edition, 2018 edition, 2019 edition, 2020 edition, 2021 edition, and 2022 edition.

Adam Smith
AC Forum Moderator
Print Wikipost

The Forum Lounge Thread (2023)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2023, 10:09 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Ahem, it's Dr Barca's Fluffy Banana
Yeah, I knew that wasn't quite right. I remembered it had "banana" in it, but it's not in the recipe book, so I don't see it often and have never made it myself.

Originally Posted by YULRvR
This thread is testing my "Dry January"
In the spirit of "it's five o'clock somewhere", maybe "it's February somewhere"?
YULRvR likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2023, 12:42 pm

Programs: AC E75K *G
I found a great way to annoy The Lovely Mrs. Zorn. She asked me send her the itineraries for some upcoming trips, despite the fact I have already told her all the details more than once.

When you use the "Share itinerary" button you can put anything you like in the "YOUR NAME" box. Whatever you put in the box appears as "YOUR NAME is sending you the itinerary..." email that the recipient gets.

So rather than put my name in, I put in the word "Whom". So she is getting a bunch of emails with subject lines all starting with:

Whom is sending you the itinerary for your next trip from...
....which is grammatically incorrect and will drive her nuts.
Old Jan 22, 2023, 4:24 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
I finally got a round to watching Black Box (originally titled Boîte noire).

If you like conspiracy thrillers, then this is quite well done with lots of AvGeek references as well.

Probably not the best thing to watch if you are a nervous flyer, but if you were, then why would you be on FT?
Old Jan 24, 2023, 4:47 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
We have an in-person, internal, conference next week. Combining the usually far glitzier sales kickoff with the usually far more down market tech conference, across the interstate from the Grassy Knowl.

I'm somewhat (and increasingly) concerned what will happen if someone askes me how I'm doing.
Old Jan 24, 2023, 7:58 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
I think I am craving a good Banana Fosters. Anyone know of a good restaurant in the GTA ?
And if anyone has some good tips on Madeira/Porto please PM me - places to stay, eat, see. Cheers.
Old Jan 24, 2023, 10:05 pm

Originally Posted by vernonc
And if anyone has some good tips on Madeira/Porto please PM me - places to stay, eat, see. Cheers.
I'll let you know at the end of May when I'm back.
Old Jan 25, 2023, 6:16 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Bohemian1
I'll let you know at the end of May when I'm back.
LOL, I am going in March.
Old Jan 25, 2023, 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by vernonc
LOL, I am going in March.
Perfect! You can let me know!
Old Jan 26, 2023, 11:40 am

I read about these folks in the WaPo just before Xmas:

Karens As A Service

Maybe we need a Canadian version to deal with APPR claims. Or multi-city Aeroplan bookings. The possibilities are endless.
Old Jan 27, 2023, 12:49 pm

New to Flyertalk

Hi everyone, first post on flyertalk as new member. Hope to get more information from you.
Old Jan 27, 2023, 2:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Welcome to our little corner of the world.
Old Jan 27, 2023, 3:53 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: House MD, How I Met Your Mother...
Welcome to FT!

Don't forget to bring your passport, and fly safe.
Old Jan 27, 2023, 5:23 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA PlatPro, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Plat & LT Gold, Hilton Gold, National EE
Welcome to FT! Hope you find value on the AC part of the forum.
Old Jan 27, 2023, 6:39 pm

New myself as well, and a bit terrified of the rabbit hole I'm about to go into researching here
wrldwide1 likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2023, 10:54 am

Smile Hello

Hi Everyone,
I just wanted to introduce myself. I am so happy to finally be able to be apart of this group. Thank you to the creator of this group and Cowtool! I have had quite the journey and am trying to pay via points for my husbands and my parents to come to Europe. I have used lots of points and money so far and have everyone but 1 person booked to go to Crete in May. I will need to get everyone home also. We are having twins who are due to be born in Crete in May! Anyways, I will be trying to book 6-7 adults flying home in May on my points. I am sure I will be looking for help in the future, but first I just wanted to introduce myself and start reading up on here. I have used Prince of Travel a lot so far. Thanks again. Look forward to talking with you all.

Candice

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.