Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Basic "help me with this trip" Aeroplan planning/availability questions (2022-???)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Basic "help me with this trip" Aeroplan planning/availability questions (2022-???)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2023, 8:03 am

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, FB Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by gnomey
does anyone know why AC Aeroplan cannot see EVA award space that other partner airlines (eg UA, LM) can?

what's the solution? call-in?

thanks in advance for any insights
Because award space is not the same with every partner. The agent won't likely be able to see space that you can't see online.
Old Feb 6, 2023, 8:26 am

Originally Posted by EdmFlyBoi
Because award space is not the same with every partner. The agent won't likely be able to see space that you can't see online.
aeroplan shows 0. united shows 4

i have never seen something like this before - it has always been consistent

so trying to find out if the relationship of AC-BR has changed recently
Old Feb 6, 2023, 10:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Can you actually book it through UA?
Old Feb 6, 2023, 11:39 am

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Can you actually book it through UA?
didnt try. not enough miles. but pretty sure someone will complain by now if it is phantom across many *A partners.

I think the issue here is more why AP is not showing the space, but choose to display other convoluted routes that take forever to get to destination.
Old Feb 6, 2023, 12:17 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I just don't think it's worth discussing the issue until you've confirmed that it's not phantom on UA. There might be an issue with AC. There might not.
Old Feb 6, 2023, 12:19 pm

I have also noticed HO (*A connecting partner) availability on UA but not on AC.
I hope this is just a partner-agreement issue, not an AC IT issue. Otherwise I'd be pretty pissed on not being able to book HO flights with AP.
Old Feb 6, 2023, 12:30 pm

did a little more search, seems like the issue I am experiencing has existed for at least 6 months

different origin, different destination, but similar problem

apparently also happen with SK

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34464896-post961.html
Old Feb 6, 2023, 4:20 pm

United also has award space on Croatia Airlines, while AC does not (but they used to).
​​​​
Old Feb 6, 2023, 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by starlink
United also has award space on Croatia Airlines, while AC does not (but they used to).
​​​​
Originally Posted by JacFlyer
I have also noticed HO (*A connecting partner) availability on UA but not on AC.
I hope this is just a partner-agreement issue, not an AC IT issue. Otherwise I'd be pretty pissed on not being able to book HO flights with AP.
thanks, good DP.

do you see the space for these two airlines on some dates but not all dates? or cannot see them at all?

in the BR situation, I can see availabilities for ABC-TPE-XYZ for some dates, but not all dates. there is no question it is a legal routing but due to some IT glitch I suppose, it is currently not displaying the through connection for all dates
Old Feb 6, 2023, 7:13 pm

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, FB Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by JacFlyer
You can book F with PR, you just dont get any discount.
For a multi-city multi-bound booking with mixed J/F fares, you could end up cheaper book all you three bounds in a single reservation.
Thanks for the tip on this. I saved 37500 points calling in. Learn something new everyday.
Old Feb 6, 2023, 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by EdmFlyBoi
Thanks for the tip on this. I saved 37500 points calling in. Learn something new everyday.
Glad I was able to help.
How exactly were you able to achieve that? If you care to elaborate.
I would assume you had 3 bookings for those 3 bounds, in order to "merge" them, you would need to cancel the 2nd/3rd bookings and risk space not going back to inventory. Or you are lucky enough that there are still open spaces for your choice of data of travel?
Old Feb 6, 2023, 9:26 pm

How do you manage to get the best value on a trip to Japan from canada using aeroplan points? Most of the pricing I see has terrible value for the points but on the air canada website it says there should be partner airline flights with decent value. Are these partner flights rare or am I looking in the wrong place?

Last edited by MC17; Feb 6, 2023 at 9:32 pm
Old Feb 6, 2023, 9:41 pm

Originally Posted by MC17
How do you manage to get the best value on a trip to Japan from canada using aeroplan points? Most of the pricing I see has terrible value for the points but on the air canada website it says there should be partner airline flights with decent value. Are these partner flights rare or am I looking in the wrong place?
ANA is probably your best bet for Tokyo or Osaka. Asiana (still in star alliance for now) is often better for other cities.
Old Feb 6, 2023, 9:51 pm

Do I go on the ANA website and look for flights or should it be through Air Canada since the plan is to use as many Aeroplan points as possible? I looked at random dates to see what flights would cost this spring and all I see are Air Canada flights that cost 100k+ pts per flight

Context:
Planning to go to Tokyo from Edmonton in the spring of 2024
starlink likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2023, 10:03 pm

Originally Posted by MC17
Do I go on the ANA website and look for flights or should it be through Air Canada since the plan is to use as many Aeroplan points as possible? I looked at random dates to see what flights would cost this spring and all I see are Air Canada flights that cost 100k+ pts per flight

Context:
Planning to go to Tokyo from Edmonton in the spring of 2024
Go to Air Canada's website/app, YEG to HND, search, filter to business class, and scroll down (I think AC metal flights are always shown first).
On the app I can't search past Jan '24, but I'm seeing 55k AP points for lowest reward business class (which is ridiculously good compared to what I've been trying to book in Europe). Keep in mind this is 55k one-way.
tedders likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.