Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Issues purchasing Aeroplan points via points.com (2022 onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2022, 5:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond

Is the PointsCom website working for anyone? I just see the spinning plane after logging into my Aeroplan account… Super frustrating.
Old Nov 19, 2022, 7:56 am

Programs: Tap Miles & go Silver/ Aeroplan 25K
Same here, I've been trying since yesterday!
Old Nov 19, 2022, 8:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
I was able to get in touch with them, they've forwarded it to their support team. Fingers crossed they'll get it resolved soon.
Old Nov 19, 2022, 4:50 pm
Original Poster

Seems like it's fixed!
Old Nov 21, 2022, 1:18 pm

Error purchasing Aeroplan miles

I would like to take advance of the 115% bonus offer on Aeroplan miles and have created an account for my wife and I, on both accounts I am unsuccessful purchasing miles. I keep receiving the following e-mail 24 hours after my purchase (funds get deducted from my cc, no problem there):

Sorry, your transaction of Aeroplan points could not be completed.

Is it not possible for a new account to purchase miles? I remember US Airways back before AA-merger days required an account to be opened a certain amount of days before purchases were allowed.

I appreciate your guys help as I really look forward to an award redemption using Aeroplan miles soon.

Last edited by tiger302; Nov 21, 2022 at 1:48 pm
Old Jan 25, 2023, 10:53 pm

Purchase points failed (money debited)

Hi there...I'd like to know if anybody passed the same situation that happened to me. And how to solve it
I just try to buy points with the actual promo of AC selling points with 100% bonus.
The first 3 attempts got dennied (by the debit card) but then in the 4th one the money got debited but the same error came on the AC's website.
Now I don't have the money neither the points.

Any suggestion how to solve this problem?
Thabks in advance
Old Jan 26, 2023, 6:10 am

Using debit isn't a best practice for online purchases. The money is removed from your account immediately, whereas it'll only be a pending transaction on a credit card.

Anyways, assuming the transaction didn't go through, you'd likely need to talk to your bank. My Canadian bank has a process to reverse incomplete Visa Debit purchases, but it's manual and you need to wait a while before they can initiate it (7+ days).
Old Jan 26, 2023, 7:50 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Sonny84
Any suggestion how to solve this problem?
Moderator note: merged with existing thread on this topic.

Perhaps @tiger302 could update us on how (s)he resolved this situation.
Old Jan 26, 2023, 8:21 am

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Moderator note: merged with existing thread on this topic.

Perhaps @tiger302 could update us on how (s)he resolved this situation.
I had to use different credit & debit cards (multiple accounts for my family). It worked on some, on others now. Couldn't establish a pattern. Both debit & credit worked in the end.
Old Jan 26, 2023, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by zappy312
Using debit isn't a best practice for online purchases. The money is removed from your account immediately, whereas it'll only be a pending transaction on a credit card.

Anyways, assuming the transaction didn't go through, you'd likely need to talk to your bank. My Canadian bank has a process to reverse incomplete Visa Debit purchases, but it's manual and you need to wait a while before they can initiate it (7+ days).
Thank you....
After 4 hours on the phone I finally got to with an agent (I'm calling from Argentina) she was very rude. She told me to contact points.com because the purchase are linked to that partner.
How to hell I should contact them if when I call +1 4165966370 the answer machine says that if there's any problem buying points I should claim with the airline!

This is quite desperating. Nones takes cares just unbelievable.
Old Jan 26, 2023, 12:01 pm
Original Poster

The support email address for Points.com is: pointscustomersupport AT points DOT com (I masked it here to make it a bit harder for spam bots to pick up)
Sonny84 and nexus007 like this.
Old Jan 26, 2023, 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
The support email address for Points.com is: pointscustomersupport AT points DOT com (I masked it here to make it a bit harder for spam bots to pick up)
Thank you very much! I really apreciate it
Hope some positive feedback came from them
Old Jan 26, 2023, 12:10 pm
Original Poster

You're welcome. It's a shame they don't make it more accessible. Their email support team seemed very competent.
kalderlake likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2023, 10:20 pm

Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
You're welcome. It's a shame they don't make it more accessible. Their email support team seemed very competent.
Fortunatly the money got back to my debit card after a couple of days!!
Thank you very much for your help
mapleg and ChocolateFactory like this.
Old Apr 29, 2023, 3:13 pm

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Time for purchased miles to post?

Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere but I didn't find the answer after a search. I just purchased miles through the current promo and the status is shown as 'pending'. I know the terms and conditions say up to 72 hours but what do most eople experience in reality? Is 'pending' suggestive that the transaction usually won't go through? It is worth noting that I usually get asked for OTP when using my UK Amex but this transaction went straight through without any additional checks for what would usually be considered a very large amount by my bank.

Thanks for any help.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.