Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Airbus A330-300 (333) seating questions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 6, 2023, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: briguychau
A330-300 Fleet Overview

AC currently has three two configurations of 333:
  • Dream Cabin (16 aircraft): new configuration more in line with the product on AC's 787 and 777 fleets (seat map)
  • XM: AC's old configuration dating from the mid-2000s, which is being phased out (seat map)
  • SQ (2 aircraft): Singapore Airlines configuration, which is being phased out (seat map)
    • Important note: the front cabin on these aircraft is an angle-flat product in a 2-2-2 layout that was SQ's "regional" business class. On flights within North America, AC sells it as J; on international flights, they sell it as PY. These aircraft do not have a normal PY cabin
    • As of October 2023, these aircraft appear to be mostly used on YYZ/YUL-BOG, YUL-ALG, and domestic/TB TCONs (e.g. YUL-YVR/LAX)

The aircraft are gradually being refurbished to the Dream Cabin standard. Please see the refurbishment thread for further details of that program.

Seats to Avoid
Seat 1A, Bins above used by Emergency EquipmentSeat 8A/8K, Missing Windows + Oxygen Tank in Bin above Seat

Links to Posts with Photos of Dream Cabin Seats - please link to post if you add to this list
Print Wikipost

Airbus A330-300 (333) seating questions

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2021, 11:19 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 25K, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by bambinomartino
As good as any place to ask, mod please move if needed.

Two adults and 2 children, almost 4 and 8 in J on a 333, Layout 1 (4 abreast).

it was a bit challenging to select seats, as an adult needs to be adjacent to a child. First go I did all on 1 row, 5 ADGK. Figured the littlest one and one of the adults can be in D&G and with the partition slid open we can assist and keep.an eye on her. How realistic is that actually, can one actually reach over?

Then I wanted to maximize window placement so I played around and the system let me select 6G and 5K, 6K and 7K across the isle. With the seats at an angle to provide as much privacy as possible, would that make tending to a small child difficult?

Any other considerations, especially from the perspective of fellow passengers and flight crew?
That would probably work pretty good. I looked after my 3 year old across the aisle on a Dreamliner, and the 330 is a little thinner.

Not sure how they work on the 330, but on the Dreamliner the rows aren't really in a row. On the 789, 6G will line up better with 7K than 6K.
Old Nov 13, 2021, 6:17 am

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by SKYEG
Another thing I noticed with the A330 refurbs were the window positioning's. Obviously 8A/K no windows. But the best seats with the most perfectly aligned windows would go to 1A/K, 5A/K. 6A/K also pretty nice. I think I'm a little OCD, but I don't like half of my two windows being cut off by the J pod. Need them both fully visible lol
As someone who's also OCD and flying on one of these for the first time next week, any insights on how 4A/K is?
Old Nov 13, 2021, 2:41 pm

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, FB Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by capedreamer
As someone who's also OCD and flying on one of these for the first time next week, any insights on how 4A/K is?
What specifically would you like to know?
Old Nov 13, 2021, 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by EdmFlyBoi
What specifically would you like to know?
Whether there are any (lack of / obscured) window issues. But I think I found my answer via a review I found online. Looks like 4A/K has 2 unobscured windows.
Old Nov 14, 2021, 6:03 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Whether there are any (lack of / obscured) window issues. But I think I found my answer via a review I found online. Looks like 4A/K has 2 unobscured windows.
4A/K are fine, they aren't perfectly aligned but you get two windows
Old Nov 14, 2021, 6:08 pm

Originally Posted by SKYEG
4A/K are fine, they aren't perfectly aligned but you get two windows
Haha thank you!
Old Feb 21, 2022, 8:57 pm

Does anyone know if row 1 in the new A330 cabins has 1 or 2 windows?
Old Feb 21, 2022, 9:21 pm

Programs: AC 75K, A3*G, AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, JL/JGC (OWS) , Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
Does anyone know if row 1 in the new A330 cabins has 1 or 2 windows?
Hopefully someone else has a better photo than I do.

I want to say 2 windows, the front one slightly blocked by the TV when I zoomed in this photo.

Old Feb 21, 2022, 10:27 pm

Originally Posted by Short hair Francis

I want to say 2 windows, the front one slightly blocked by the TV when I zoomed in this photo.

Thanks!

I'm kind of surprised Seatguru doesn't have this layout yet.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 10:55 pm

Programs: AC 75K, A3*G, AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, JL/JGC (OWS) , Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
Thanks!

I'm kind of surprised Seatguru doesn't have this layout yet.
Your Welcome, glad to help. 😊
Personally I would avoid 1A, there's emergency oxygen/kit in the bin on top of you.

Avoid 1A/8A/8K for different reasons.
I made a better note of the cabin in this post, Post 905

Why trust Seatguru, when this forum can contribute better info than them 😉
Old Feb 21, 2022, 11:10 pm

Your Welcome, glad to help. 😊
Personally I would avoid 1A, there's emergency oxygen/kit in the bin on top of you.

Avoid 1A/8A/8K for different reasons.
I made a better note of the cabin in this post, Post 905

Why trust Seatguru, when this forum can contribute better info than them 😉
Good call. Just switched to 5A.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 7:16 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Plat MM

Quick question: From the pic it looks like the partition between the two middle seats can be dropped, unlike AC's other widebodies. If so, need to make seating change for an upcoming flight. Thanks in advance.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 7:43 am

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by yyzflyer
Quick question: From the pic it looks like the partition between the two middle seats can be dropped, unlike AC's other widebodies. If so, need to make seating change for an upcoming flight. Thanks in advance.
Yes, the partition slides open.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by yyzflyer
As ChrisA330 says
This is a better reference to your question, yyzflyer.

Old Feb 22, 2022, 11:15 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Plat MM
Thanks to you both. We usually do across the aisle on the 777 and 787.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.