Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

IRROPs - Cancellation / Delay / Diversion etc. WITHIN 48 HOURS of departure (2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IRROPs - Cancellation / Delay / Diversion etc. WITHIN 48 HOURS of departure (2023)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2023, 6:22 pm

Programs: AC SE, Star Alliance Gold
Originally Posted by warrens
For Air Canada flights, EU261 only applies for flights from the EU to Canada.

In order to qualify for a EU261 claim when flying from Canada to the EU, you have to be flying an EU airline.
When I first read the post, I misread it too. OP is flying CPH-YYZ, but asking about the delay reason for the YYZ-CPH flight. What’s at issue isn’t whether eu261 applies to the OP’s flight, but whether the delay reason for the inbound exculpates AC from compensating them if/when the flight ex-CPH, on that plane, is also delayed.

At least that’s how I interpret the post
billdokes and Wigg like this.
Old Dec 17, 2023, 7:55 pm

Programs: AC UA TK FI DL
Originally Posted by flyingcrooked
When I first read the post, I misread it too. OP is flying CPH-YYZ, but asking about the delay reason for the YYZ-CPH flight. What’s at issue isn’t whether eu261 applies to the OP’s flight, but whether the delay reason for the inbound exculpates AC from compensating them if/when the flight ex-CPH, on that plane, is also delayed.

At least that’s how I interpret the post
Yes. Sorry about the confusing post. You interpreted it correctly.

what complicates the matter even more is that my initial itinerary was Stockholm - Amsterdam - Toronto. But the Stockholm-Amsterdam flight went mechanical and was cancelled and offloaded after sitting on the plane for 1,5 hours.

Then immediately rebooked from Stockholm - Copenhagen - Toronto. And the CPH-YYZ is further delayed by more than 4 hours due to delayed incoming (which according to the pilot was also mechanical on the AC end)

Who is at fault for this? SK for the ARN-AMS cancellation which led to the rebooking (but still have gotten me to YYZ at original time) or is it AC which had a late incoming to CPH which caused a 4 hour delay in arriving in YYZ?
Old Dec 18, 2023, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by iamaho
Yes. Sorry about the confusing post. You interpreted it correctly.

what complicates the matter even more is that my initial itinerary was Stockholm - Amsterdam - Toronto. But the Stockholm-Amsterdam flight went mechanical and was cancelled and offloaded after sitting on the plane for 1,5 hours.

Then immediately rebooked from Stockholm - Copenhagen - Toronto. And the CPH-YYZ is further delayed by more than 4 hours due to delayed incoming (which according to the pilot was also mechanical on the AC end)

Who is at fault for this? SK for the ARN-AMS cancellation which led to the rebooking (but still have gotten me to YYZ at original time) or is it AC which had a late incoming to CPH which caused a 4 hour delay in arriving in YYZ?

Should be SK. Plus, it might be easier to get compensation from them than from AC.

I recently had a flight from France to YYC via FRA, first leg on LH got delayed. AC sent me back to LH. Which immediately offered me comensation. Funny thing, they offered me based upon APPR, not EU261, which is a bit lss. Not enough less to argue, I just took it.
kalderlake likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2023, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by Stranger
Should be SK. Plus, it might be easier to get compensation from them than from AC.

I recently had a flight from France to YYC via FRA, first leg on LH got delayed. AC sent me back to LH. Which immediately offered me comensation. Funny thing, they offered me based upon APPR, not EU261, which is a bit lss. Not enough less to argue, I just took it.
I think it's from the operating carrier that actually had the delay, in this case AC.

SK is hit and miss. If it's their own flight and the delay is straightforward without that much extra receipts for hotels/food, it goes fast but if it's a bit more complicated or you have large expense to claim, it's another story. Their outsourced customer service handling this is pathetic.
Old Dec 18, 2023, 11:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
We had a fun one yesterday. ROgue YYZ-YQB on 1952... the scheduled fin (319) was doing YYZ-YQB-YYZ-YQB.. I think i went MX and they subbed the earlier flight with a Roguish 320 , which i suppose had something better to do than continue operating our flight at 1430,.. they swapped with a 319 coming from YMM around 1800, and posted a departure time of 1710 then 1740 and around 5pm they pushed to 830 (apparently getting the pilots from elsewhere). once on board we had a further delay due to "missing paperwork" (15-20 mins, was 45, and then they lost the ground crew and had to find another... ) like who is running ops for this dumpster fire of an airline? I get it that things happen but it was really one thing after anothe.r... we clapped when we finally pushed.

We paid quite a bit more for the mid-day departure(2 little kids) and ended up arriving 7h late almost 11pm... I guess AC should be paying up to the tune of $700 /pp...
Old Dec 20, 2023, 1:30 am

AC79 late leaving DXB.
Diverting to YYZ. Presumably for a fresh crew.

https://www.flightaware.com/live/flight/ACA79
Old Dec 20, 2023, 2:48 am

Originally Posted by tracon
AC79 late leaving DXB.
Diverting to YYZ. Presumably for a fresh crew.

https://www.flightaware.com/live/flight/ACA79
I am currently on this flight, nothing like sitting at the gate for 5 hours and the captain not even letting the crew know what is going on until after the meal service. At that time he explained it was a fuel issue…going to YYZ.
The cabin crew is less then impressed along with most passengers.
Old Dec 27, 2023, 11:11 am

Programs: Aeroplan 25K , UA ,WJ, HA, AMEX AP Reserve
My brother & his wife on AC 133 YYZ-YYC delayed 2hr 30 min today. Inbound flight from LHR on time to YYZ (77W). Not sure of the reason for the delay.
They will miss their connection to YLW where they are on a week long ski trip. There is only 1 flt to YLW from YYC so they either go
on WJ, later this aft( if availability) or stay overnite in YYC. They still have to drive to Kamloops from YLW so they will no doubt miss a day of skiing and one night accommodation
at Sun Peaks. Needless to say my brother is feeling a little hostile towards AC today.
Old Dec 27, 2023, 11:19 am

Programs: AC SE, Star Alliance Gold
Originally Posted by muskoka
My brother & his wife on AC 133 YYZ-YYC delayed 2hr 30 min today. Inbound flight from LHR on time to YYZ (77W). Not sure of the reason for the delay.
They will miss their connection to YLW where they are on a week long ski trip. There is only 1 flt to YLW from YYC so they either go
on WJ, later this aft( if availability) or stay overnite in YYC. They still have to drive to Kamloops from YLW so they will no doubt miss a day of skiing and one night accommodation
at Sun Peaks. Needless to say my brother is feeling a little hostile towards AC today.
Is that all on one ticket from Heathrow? If so UK261 should kick in at least.

edit: just realized maybe their trip starts in yyz and you just mean the plane they’re due to be on wasn’t late arriving in Toronto…
Old Dec 27, 2023, 11:27 am

Originally Posted by flyingcrooked
Is that all on one ticket from Heathrow? If so UK261 should kick in at least.

edit: just realized maybe their trip starts in yyz and you just mean the plane they’re due to be on wasn’t late arriving in Toronto…
The latter is correct
Old Dec 27, 2023, 11:57 am
wjw

Programs: Air Canada - Super Elite, Marriott Platinum
I would anticipate if they miss their connection they would reroute through YVR, not have an overnight connection in YYC.

edit: looks like 223/274 still have space.
Adam Smith likes this.

Last edited by wjw; Dec 27, 2023 at 12:02 pm
Old Dec 27, 2023, 12:03 pm

Can they reroute to YKA via YVR?
Old Dec 27, 2023, 2:05 pm

Programs: AC SE100K
According to Expert Flyer: "DELAY LOADING/UNLOADING " and "DELAY (REASON EXPLAINED AS SI DATA)", no idea what the latter means.

Code:
DOAC133/27DEC
* OPERATIONAL FLIGHT INFO *            AC 133    0 WE 27DEC23   
CITY INFO                                       HOUR (LOCAL)  

YYZ  ESTIMATED TIME OF DEPARTURE                1105            
     DELAY (REASON EXPLAINED AS SI DATA)                      
     DELAY LOADING/UNLOADING                                    
     LEFT THE GATE                              1105            
     TOOK OFF                                   1121            
     PLANE IS LATE (IN HOURS MINUTES)           0100          
     (REASON EXPLAINED AS SI DATA)                            
     PLANE IS LATE (IN HOURS MINUTES)           0130          
     LOADING/UNLOADING                                          
     ESTIMATED TIME OF ARRIVAL                  1234     YYC    
YYC  AIRCRAFT LANDED                            1234            
     ARRIVED                                    1239
Old Dec 27, 2023, 2:22 pm

Update- yes they were rerouted thru YVR. Will arrive in YLW at 5:30 pm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.