Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Aeroplan Status Extension 2023 through Co-Branded CC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aeroplan Status Extension 2023 through Co-Branded CC

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2022, 7:44 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE, AA ExecPlat
Originally Posted by jugaadkabaap
Should work (there's nothing in T&C that restricts it). I wrote to AE loyalty to double check - will update (if and) when I hear back from them
Can I come back to this for a second? On princeoftravel, this question was also asked and the response there was that if you got your 75k from a status match, then it was not "earned" for purposes of the 50K CC spend bonus. As such, it concludes that only this promo's status extension (30K spend) would apply to carryover the 75K status but further spend would not trigger a status bump to SE.
Old May 14, 2022, 8:06 am

Programs: AC*SE
Originally Posted by jcarberry
I wonder if I could double dip this with the $50,000 Level Up offer to get SE for next year...?
Originally Posted by psiachp
Can I come back to this for a second? On princeoftravel, this question was also asked and the response there was that if you got your 75k from a status match, then it was not "earned" for purposes of the 50K CC spend bonus. As such, it concludes that only this promo's status extension (30K spend) would apply to carryover the 75K status but further spend would not trigger a status bump to SE.
Boy this sent me down a rabbit hole to find this $50,000 Level Up thing, but it seems like it's only with the chase card, and not connected to this promo? It's a pity I can't move my spending to the Chase card then!
Old May 14, 2022, 11:44 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E75, WS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, GHA Plat, UA Silver, SQ Silver
Confirmed by Loyalty manager that Chase is included. Regarding ^ - I had asked this explicitly during the live stream with AC execs and Scott answered that as long as status is valid for subsequent year(regardless of how its earned - whether match / gift / extension) will be considered as base level to status up onto.

May I know what you are referring to "on prince of travel" - are you hinting to the blog / discord group / offline discussions or from Ricky himself ?
Old May 14, 2022, 1:51 pm

Confirmed by Loyalty manager that Chase is included. Regarding ^ - I had asked this explicitly during the live stream with AC execs and Scott answered that as long as status is valid for subsequent year(regardless of how its earned - whether match / gift / extension) will be considered as base level to status up onto.

May I know what you are referring to "on prince of travel" - are you hinting to the blog / discord group / offline discussions or from Ricky himself ?
Yeah I remember that coming up on the Live Stream - maybe we can find the timestamp of when it happened? (I'm trying to find it now)
That said because of this I'm switching all my spend to Chase Aeroplan to strive for 75K for next year. I'm also thinking it's not a coincidence that this promo came out right after tax payments were due, definetly would have changed my tax payment strategy if I had known about this earlier...
Old May 14, 2022, 3:50 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE, AA ExecPlat

Thanks! Here's the link - if you search for "earned" in the comments below you will see the logic I refer to.
https://princeoftravel.com/blog/aero...-through-2023/
Old May 14, 2022, 7:52 pm

Thanks! Here's the link - if you search for "earned" in the comments below you will see the logic I refer to.
https://princeoftravel.com/blog/aero...-through-2023/
I think Josh is misinformed in his comments.
Old May 15, 2022, 6:39 pm

Confirmed at 1:44:30. Chase 50K spend for status bump will stack on this promo for status extension.

Old May 22, 2022, 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by RZR
OMG !!
AC is really really really starting to @%& me off !!!!
Shouldn't it be "@%&&"?
Old May 22, 2022, 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by vernonc
I would have made SE by flying and current promos anyway but now I have already made it.
Maybe if you hit the 30K with this CC promo and 100k SQM/20KSQD by flying, they should let one of them be banked to a future year - probably to Cows disgust.
Or some other benefit to the BIS promo.
I recall Delta faced similar backlash from BIS elites when they rolled status to everyone over last year (or maybe the one before).

I credit them with their response. For the following year's comp upgrade prioritization, BIS elites were prioritized over rollover elites of the same level. Seemed equitable.

Perhaps AC could do the same for EUp prioritization, or something similar.

DISCLAIMER: I'm not an expert in either program, so stow your flame.
Old May 22, 2022, 3:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by pmblinn
I recall Delta faced similar backlash from BIS elites when they rolled status to everyone over last year (or maybe the one before).

I credit them with their response. For the following year's comp upgrade prioritization, BIS elites were prioritized over rollover elites of the same level. Seemed equitable.

Perhaps AC could do the same for EUp prioritization, or something similar.

DISCLAIMER: I'm not an expert in either program, so stow your flame.
It's not a bad idea in general, but I don't think it's enough.

It still means an extended SE is above an earned 75K.
Old May 22, 2022, 3:52 pm

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Originally Posted by canadiancow
It's not a bad idea in general, but I don't think it's enough.

It still means an extended SE is above an earned 75K.
​​​​​...sure, just like a $20,001 SE with a black card is prioritized above a $40,000 SE without one.
​​​​
Old May 23, 2022, 9:37 am

Programs: AC SEMM
Originally Posted by Tax Dude
CIBC also had an issue last year with calculating the bonuses which wasn't fixed until early 2022. As a result, I missed out on about 10K of SQM rollover.
was this fixed retroactively (the rollover?) and if not why not? I have 2 CIBC cards, never check bonus calculations despite big spends. Thx
Old May 23, 2022, 7:47 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by visitor
was this fixed retroactively (the rollover?) and if not why not? I have 2 CIBC cards, never check bonus calculations despite big spends. Thx
They eventually got caught up with the bonus SQM/SQS (at least as near as I could tell) but that was after the year end so I missed out on double counting a few things. I've never been able to exactly reconcile the bonuses with the spending on my statement, I think they use different cut-off dates. My wife has the Amex Reserve, and they post the bonuses very quickly as they're earned throughout the month.
visitor likes this.
Old May 27, 2022, 3:52 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines MVP Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Hi y’all! I was wondering if anyone had any idea if the US Chase card in which you spend 2k get 500 bonus points count as part of the 30k mileage threshold?

i was reading the terms and conditions but I couldn’t find an answer.

any help would be greatly appreciated thank you
Old May 27, 2022, 4:36 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AS MVP Gold 100K, Hilton Diamond(Amex), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by CathayMVP
Hi y’all! I was wondering if anyone had any idea if the US Chase card in which you spend 2k get 500 bonus points count as part of the 30k mileage threshold?

i was reading the terms and conditions but I couldn’t find an answer.

any help would be greatly appreciated thank you
I believe those bonus miles are not counted towards the 30k miles needed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.