Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Aeroplan Status Extension 2023 through Co-Branded CC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aeroplan Status Extension 2023 through Co-Branded CC

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2022, 11:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by RangerNS
One did not even have to click a single button to get signed up.If you mean cow specifically, he needs/does know everything, one more thing is just one more thing.
Yeah, given that my goal was to spend 50k on my Chase Aeroplan to get 50K for a friend, I'm more just curious how this one will work.

I also know a few US residents who are depending on this.
gigafishing likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2022, 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by gigafishing
I’m also wondering about this and I think the jury is out. It doesn’t seem to fall directly in the listed inclusion or exclusion statements in the terms of the offer.

On one hand it’s got its own category on the Chase rewards page, so it can be tracked on its own, but it’s also not a “time-limited” promotion. Not sure if it qualifies as a “campaign bonus” either but I feel like not.

All that said, with the amount of spend required to get the monthly bonus, I don’t think it’s gonna make or break too many people for this particular promo.

Originally Posted by CathayMVP
Hi y’all! I was wondering if anyone had any idea if the US Chase card in which you spend 2k get 500 bonus points count as part of the 30k mileage threshold?

i was reading the terms and conditions but I couldn’t find an answer.

any help would be greatly appreciated thank you
So I've made it to the cusp line where I'm over 30K with the bonus points but under 30K without. No indication one way or the other if I "passed", maybe by end of the month I'll hear something if it did end up counting, but I'll be over once the August statement hits anyway.

canadiancow likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2022, 1:21 pm

Programs: All Accor Plat, 1865 Voyager, AE E35K, HH Gold,Hyatt, Hrtz Gold, Marriott Gold, NEXUS
I looked at the Activity on Aeroplan part of Air Canada website or the App and added up all the entries for CIBC. One entry a month I think followed by bonus points for gas, grocery, etc.
Old Jul 22, 2022, 10:38 pm

Programs: AC*G-E100K (once again)
Originally Posted by allbrosca
I looked at the Activity on Aeroplan part of Air Canada website or the App and added up all the entries for CIBC. One entry a month I think followed by bonus points for gas, grocery, etc.
1) Is there an easier way to add the eligible spending?

2) Am I correct to add these categories up and include these categories with no adjustments?

TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite - TD VISA INFINITE PURCHASES
TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite - TD GAS AND GROCERY POINTS
Chase Aeroplan World Elite Mastercard - CHASE AEROPLAN BONUS EARN AIR CANADA
Chase Aeroplan World Elite Mastercard - RESTAURANT AND DINING EARN BONUS
Chase Aeroplan World Elite Mastercard - CHASE AEROPLAN BONUS EARN GROCERY
Chase Aeroplan World Elite Mastercard - CHASE AEROPLAN WORLD ELITE PURCHASES
American Express Aeroplan Reserve Card - RESTAURANT FOOD DELIVERY BONUS
American Express Aeroplan Reserve Card - AMEX PURCHASES
Old Jul 23, 2022, 8:00 am

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
I'm well past requalifying on SQM, and I'll tick over my last $300 of SQD in the first week of September.

Since there's no way to track progress in this promo (at least, not for those of us who never received that email last week with the progress bar), either all the bonus-earn categories count and I'm already well over the 30,000, or nothing counts except raw spending and I'll tick over "promo qualification" in a week or two.

I'll be curious to see which one kicks in first, though it certainly does look like qualifying for either the credit-card promo, or by meeting AQM+AQD, will render the other completely meaningless.

It does mean that from a FF-qualification point of view, my March MR was 100% wasted money. That stings a bit.
Old Jul 23, 2022, 10:49 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by YOWgary
It does mean that from a FF-qualification point of view, my March MR was 100% wasted money. That stings a bit.
Yeah, for those actually flying this year, this promo is a bust. I think I had already re-qualified for SE when it was announced. At least last year when they had the spend $10K, boost your status, for those who couldn't benefit from the "main" promo, if you will (i.e. SEs, because there's no higher status to boost to, or the 75Ks they didn't want to boost to SE), they did a fixed number of SQx to start this year.

They could easily have done something similar here - re-qualify for status through SQx activity this year, get a one-level boost next year. Or get a rollover. Or 20K Aeroplan points. Whatever, tons of things they could have done.
folkart likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2022, 10:52 am

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Yeah, for those actually flying this year, this promo is a bust. I think I had already re-qualified for SE when it was announced. At least last year when they had the spend $10K, boost your status, for those who couldn't benefit from the "main" promo, if you will (i.e. SEs, because there's no higher status to boost to, or the 75Ks they didn't want to boost to SE), they did a fixed number of SQx to start this year.

They could easily have done something similar here - re-qualify for status through SQx activity this year, get a one-level boost next year. Or get a rollover. Or 20K Aeroplan points. Whatever, tons of things they could have done.
Rollover a percentage of your SQD seems like a pretty reasonable compromise.
Argonaut1000 and Bohemian1 like this.
Old Jul 23, 2022, 12:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I think a reasonable compromise would be to stop with the promos 😉
YLWflyer likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2022, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
A reasonable position, if you’re one of the handful of members who already has Super Elite locked up for the next five or six years.

For the other 99% of us, it would simply be nice for the promos that DO exist, not to specifically exclude people who’ve both bought into the credit card program, and spent money flying.
Old Jul 23, 2022, 8:31 pm

Programs: AC*G-E100K (once again)
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I've already accepted the Aeroplan status extension promo as a compromise for Air Canada's poor service and delays this year. I'm not prepared to spend $20K on SQD to sit through delays. I'd rather fly on a US airline like Delta which has higher reliability at this time.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 6:20 pm

Programs: All Accor Plat, 1865 Voyager, AE E35K, HH Gold,Hyatt, Hrtz Gold, Marriott Gold, NEXUS
Originally Posted by cooleddie
1) Is there an easier way to add the eligible spending?

2) Am I correct to add these categories up and include these categories with no adjustments?

TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite - TD VISA INFINITE PURCHASES
TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite - TD GAS AND GROCERY POINTS
Chase Aeroplan World Elite Mastercard - CHASE AEROPLAN BONUS EARN AIR CANADA
Chase Aeroplan World Elite Mastercard - RESTAURANT AND DINING EARN BONUS
Chase Aeroplan World Elite Mastercard - CHASE AEROPLAN BONUS EARN GROCERY
Chase Aeroplan World Elite Mastercard - CHASE AEROPLAN WORLD ELITE PURCHASES
American Express Aeroplan Reserve Card - RESTAURANT FOOD DELIVERY BONUS
American Express Aeroplan Reserve Card - AMEX PURCHASES

I think so. I don't know if you need 30,000 on one of those 3 or whether or not you can add all 3 together though.
jerry305 likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by allbrosca
I think so. I don't know if you need 30,000 on one of those 3 or whether or not you can add all 3 together though.
All 3 cards is fine. From the T&Cs:
If you are the primary cardholder of more than one eligible Aeroplan Co-Branded Credit Card, the Eligible Earn can be achieved through points earned made across all your eligible Aeroplan Co-Branded Credit Cards. For greater certainty, the Offer will only be awarded once per eligible Aeroplan member.
allbrosca and jerry305 like this.
Old Aug 12, 2022, 9:14 pm

Programs: AC SEMM
When will they announce the SQD from this year to be carried forward?
Old Aug 29, 2022, 11:24 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Moderator note: since a number of people are receiving recognition of their 2023 status, whether earned through this promo or not, and we had discussion going on in multiple threads on that topic, I've created a new stand-alone thread for that subject. That should also allow this thread to stay focused on the details of this promo.
Old Aug 29, 2022, 8:24 pm

Programs: AC-SE, EK-G, GF-G
I need help. I am a S100K member, and have the AMEX Aeroplan Reserve Card. I have spent over $25K on my card this year (and received over 35K AE points through my purchase), but I have not received an email that my status has been extended until 2023. Do I need to register?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.