Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC Website (aircanada.com) Experiences/Complaints/Issues (Nov 2020 onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC Website (aircanada.com) Experiences/Complaints/Issues (Nov 2020 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2021, 6:58 am

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Ah neat, I've had the bottom missing-string issue where it has the total number of rollover SQM. But I wasn't able to experience the top issue, due to the size of my RSQM.

I have a snoozed email for August (1st I think?) to follow up on an RSQM issue that they said would be fixed by "...August...". I can't recall if it was beginning or end though.
Wouldn’t it be nice if we got something for helping them QA these pesky bugs? 😊
Old Jul 28, 2021, 9:50 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Many issues (for me) today when trying to reach the Aeroplan part of AC.com.

Same issue across multiple browsers / modes.
Old Aug 5, 2021, 12:08 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, BW Diamond Select
Not a complaint, per se, as I was merely researching flight options, but I was placed in a waiting room queue for about 15 seconds before it proceeded to let me land on the home page.
Old Aug 6, 2021, 12:13 am

Programs: Platinum Pro. .Hilton Honors Gold,
Booked Lufthansa first award with Aeroplan. Itinerary says business class

I booked a first class award with Aeroplan points and am in seat 1A. Itinerary says business class fare O ???
I booked a first class reward on Aeroplan from FRA-ORD and blocked seat 1A on the 748. When I look at the receipt it says Lufthansa business fare O. Should I be worried that I will not be in first class or allowed access to the first class lounge which is reopening in FRA ? I am going to call Aeroplan Air Canada tomorrow.
Old Aug 6, 2021, 12:57 am

Programs: Aeroplan 50K/Star Alliance Gold, Accor Gold, base level Marriott/Hyatt/Hilton
Find your booking on the LH website. If it mentions First Class (and shows a seat reservation up front), you should be good to go. Keep in mind that AC Aeroplan still is a (relatively) new system and has these sorts of software glitches all the time.
Old Aug 6, 2021, 1:02 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by D3KingAmerican
I booked a first class award with Aeroplan points and am in seat 1A. Itinerary says business class fare O ???
I booked a first class reward on Aeroplan from FRA-ORD and blocked seat 1A on the 748. When I look at the receipt it says Lufthansa business fare O. Should I be worried that I will not be in first class or allowed access to the first class lounge which is reopening in FRA ? I am going to call Aeroplan Air Canada tomorrow.
@D3KingAmerican, I've merged your thread here because it's a simple IT glitch. O class on Lufthansa is a first class reward. There's simply some error on the AC website that's causing it to say "Business" instead of "First". Don't waste your time calling Aeroplan, everything will be fine.
Old Aug 6, 2021, 6:14 am

I checked in yesterday for flights today and chose to get BPs by SMS and email. The email showed up, and the BP showed up in the AC app, but the SMS never arrived. I clicked on re-send, checked both of our phone numbers (which were correct) and it still didn't arrive. Are SMS BPs no longer a thing? They used to arrive just seconds after choosing SMS boarding pass option.
Old Aug 6, 2021, 8:45 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by painintheuk
I checked in yesterday for flights today and chose to get BPs by SMS and email. The email showed up, and the BP showed up in the AC app, but the SMS never arrived. I clicked on re-send, checked both of our phone numbers (which were correct) and it still didn't arrive. Are SMS BPs no longer a thing? They used to arrive just seconds after choosing SMS boarding pass option.
@painintheuk
Last night, I had posted a screen shot of 9 AC Notification alerts with schedule changes (see other thread). The first 6 of the 9 emails that had arrived previously, also came with SMS texts. The 3 that arrived last night did not. So who knows.
Old Aug 8, 2021, 6:19 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Folks, just a reminder that this is the IT issues thread. If you have problems with priority security, deceptive "sales", or other things that aren't the AC website, they belong elsewhere. A number of recent posts have been moved accordingly.

Adam Smith
AC Forum Co-Moderator
Old Aug 9, 2021, 3:03 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, IHG Platinum Elite

Trying to book an alternative flight after involuntary changes rather than accepting AC's proposed new itinerary.
Old Aug 9, 2021, 3:36 pm

Programs: aeroplan,aaadvantage
Same thing happened to us ( they cancelled muc yyz Fl ight) I called them changed us to muc zrh yyz in j
their alternative was next day which didn’t work
Old Aug 9, 2021, 10:31 pm

I've been getting a bunch of this the last 30 minutes or so when trying to access Aeroplan-related bits of the AC website - My Aeroplan, eUps, etc. Seems to have been isolated to those pages, as I've always been able to get the homepage:

And this while trying to confirm seat selection after an upgrade.

EDIT: and, after doing seat selection from the manage booking page (i.e. not the post-eUp flow that generated the earlier error), this:

Last edited by Adam Smith; Aug 9, 2021 at 10:39 pm Reason: Add additional error
Old Aug 10, 2021, 12:35 pm

Programs: AC SE
Apparently, according to AC, the French translation of "Boeing 777-300ER" is "767-300ER de Boeing".

Old Aug 10, 2021, 12:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jasdou
Apparently, according to AC, the French translation of "Boeing 777-300ER" is "767-300ER de Boeing".

6 and 7 are like G and J, right?
Old Aug 11, 2021, 5:36 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, BW Diamond Select
When using Chrome and trying to log onto the AC site, I get error code "SYS014". A white rectangular box also appears.

There are no issues when using Incognito mode.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.