Wiki Posts
Search

2021 Status Sweeps

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2021, 1:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, BW Diamond Select
Question 2021 Status Sweeps

I'll just squeak by the $6000 SQD for E50K on my December 21 flight from YYZ to LHR. I assume it will credit 2-3 days later, so let's assume December 24/25.

My return flight from LHR-YYZ is on the 30th, so how likely will my dashboard indicate that I've met the SQM/SQD requirements for E50K?

Has the process been better post-Amadeus?

Lounge access at LHR and guesting privileges is more of my goal here, but I am not sure if the sweep will catch me before that flight.

Also, will I receive the 10 threshold gift eups with an extended expiry date for the 2022 qualifying year (e.g., not expiring February 28, 2022)?

I have had experience with sweeps before, but never within such a tight turnaround time.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
Old Jul 23, 2021, 1:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
No one really knows. Last year everything was brand new and broken. I can tell you that right now, AC flights are posting ~6 days after flying for a bunch of us (if at all).

If you hit it before the early recognition cutoff, it would likely change your status within a day of reaching the threshold, but who knows how it will work After Oct 31 (or whenever the cutoff is). It might be instant. It might be sweeps like in the past. It might have to wait until January 1.

If I were a betting man, I'd say it'll be within a day of your flight posting.
TTC900Rocket likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2021, 1:18 pm
Original Poster

Thanks! I have had months between flights so an immediate status sweep has never concerned me before.

It has taken about 3-4 days for SQMs/SQDs, SQSs to post for me throughout July, but I have only flown domestically thus far (on that note, stay tuned throughout the summer for a few new city pairings in the distance chart thread).

Originally Posted by canadiancow
No one really knows. Last year everything was brand new and broken. I can tell you that right now, AC flights are posting ~6 days after flying for a bunch of us (if at all).

If you hit it before the early recognition cutoff, it would likely change your status within a day of reaching the threshold, but who knows how it will work After Oct 31 (or whenever the cutoff is). It might be instant. It might be sweeps like in the past. It might have to wait until January 1.

If I were a betting man, I'd say it'll be within a day of your flight posting.

Last edited by TTC900Rocket; Jul 23, 2021 at 2:49 pm Reason: Reworded the second sentence slightly.
Old Jul 23, 2021, 6:37 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I can tell you that right now, AC flights are posting ~6 days after flying for a bunch of us (if at all).
My July 7 AC flights took 6 days to post, but my July 18 flights took 2. Or maybe it was 3. But much quicker.

Not sure whether that's representative of a fix/lasting improvement or just a one-off.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2021, 7:27 pm

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, FB Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
My July 7 AC flights took 6 days to post, but my July 18 flights took 2. Or maybe it was 3. But much quicker.

Not sure whether that's representative of a fix/lasting improvement or just a one-off.
I've generally had flights post within 48 hours on a fairly regular basis since the start of June (and the fiasco that was May). Bonus points post follow 24 hours after.
Old Jul 24, 2021, 7:40 am

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by EdmFlyBoi
I've generally had flights post within 48 hours on a fairly regular basis since the start of June (and the fiasco that was May). Bonus points post follow 24 hours after.

Same here
Old Jul 24, 2021, 9:07 am
Original Poster

I am sure the points will post for my December 21/22 flights; the issue is whether the posted SQMs/SQDs will trigger the next status (E50K, in this case) in time so that I have *Gold status by the time I fly the return on December 30th (and therefore can enjoy Gold Track, access the MLL or the UA lounge, etc).
Old Jul 24, 2021, 1:27 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by TTC900Rocket
I am sure the points will post for my December 21/22 flights; the issue is whether the posted SQMs/SQDs will trigger the next status (E50K, in this case) in time so that I have *Gold status by the time I fly the return on December 30th (and therefore can enjoy Gold Track, access the MLL or the UA lounge, etc).
I don't think anyone is saying the points won't credit. But you only have 9 days between flights. Your chances of getting swept to the higher status are much higher if the flights post in 2 days rather than 6.
TTC900Rocket likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2021, 5:36 pm
Original Poster

I figure it will not be worth doing an SQD run to unlock E50K for just one segment, so let's see how other FTers do in October and November (in terms of status sweeps) when these questions become more commonplace.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.