Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Change Flight on Aeroplan Reward Tix

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2009, 3:40 pm
Original Poster

Hello All:

I am hoping to change my Vanccouver - Edmonton - Toronto flight to the 7 or 8 am direct flight. I am on a reward ticket - is this possible? When would OLCI give me the option to change the flight? Do I have to wait until midnight?
Old Jan 10, 2009, 3:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
You'd have to pay a change fee and must do it through a res agent. Otherwise you can standby at the airport, though depends on the times of your current flights as you can only stand by for earlier, not later flights.
Old Jan 10, 2009, 3:51 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Starwood Plt, Hilton Gold (got it free) AC Elite, Fairmont Plt, Priority Club Plt
Here are the rules / fees etc.

Changing Flight Rewards

27. Voluntary changes or cancellations to eligible itineraries must be done no later than two hours prior to departure through the Aeroplan Contact Centre and may require the payment of additional fees or the collection of additional Aeroplan Miles. Failure to contact Aeroplan to change your flight reward reservation would forfeit your reward ticket. Tickets that have been forfeit are no longer valid for travel. Provided that you change your booking a minimum of two hours before departure, your unused reward tickets will remain valid for one year from the date of their original issue.

28. For CA$55 per ticket (plus applicable taxes), you can make changes to the flight date(s), flight number(s), routing and/or itinerary changes (including cabin). Effective February 1, 2009, the fee for these transactions will increase to CA$90 (plus applicable taxes) per ticket.

29. You may need to add more Aeroplan Miles in order to make changes to your reward trip. In such cases, you'll need to authorize the redemption of those additional miles.

30. Other changes may reduce the Aeroplan Miles required. Because we can't refund those miles, you could cancel your existing reward travel and start the reward reservation process over again. You'll also have to consider that associated fees will apply and all arrangements depend on reward seat availability.
Old Jan 10, 2009, 4:07 pm
Original Poster

Same Day changes?

Just a quick one - does same day change begin at midnight local? I called Aeroplan to change but only Economy available for now as Air Canada has not released any seats as of yet.
Old Jan 10, 2009, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Same day changes, using the same-day change fee structure, at least on rev tickets, can only be done at the airport. I've never tried it though for rewards.

You could standby for the flights you want as well. I'd check to see general availability first though, on the flights you want, to assess your chances.
Old Jan 10, 2009, 4:24 pm
Original Poster

Yes, the flight is eligible to be changed for a fee (did it on the way out) and there are loads of seats on the 8am flight.....but only that flight. Stand by options are just giving it to Edmonton today with no other options.
Old Sep 1, 2009, 9:04 am

Is it possible to change the dates/carrier (but not route) on an Aeroplan ticket where the outbound segment has already been used?

Specifically, I am hoping to push the return date back on a BKK-ICN flight for a friend - the ICN-BKK has already been used. The problem is that there are no Asiana seats on the date I need, but there are TG seats on the same route... possible?

Thanks.
Old Sep 1, 2009, 9:18 am

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by makin'miles
Is it possible to change the dates/carrier (but not route) on an Aeroplan ticket where the outbound segment has already been used?

Specifically, I am hoping to push the return date back on a BKK-ICN flight for a friend - the ICN-BKK has already been used. The problem is that there are no Asiana seats on the date I need, but there are TG seats on the same route... possible?

Thanks.
Taken from an Aeroplan itinerary:

"For flight rewards on Star Alliance and other airlines, changes are only permitted to flight date(s) and flight numbers on e-tickets only (certain conditions apply). Changes to the itinerary / routing / carrier / class are not permitted. To make a change, contact the Aeroplan Contact Centre."
Old Sep 1, 2009, 11:24 am

Originally Posted by ChrisA330
Taken from an Aeroplan itinerary:

"For flight rewards on Star Alliance and other airlines, changes are only permitted to flight date(s) and flight numbers on e-tickets only (certain conditions apply). Changes to the itinerary / routing / carrier / class are not permitted. To make a change, contact the Aeroplan Contact Centre."
I was going to ask a very similar question, so Thanks for the answer ChrisA330.

Can I safely assume that the changes mentioned can be made after the first leg of an AP award ticket is flown ? And that the change fee would be $ 90 ?

It would be great if Aeroplan updated the T and C's published on their website to reflect the existing award ticket rules.
Old Sep 1, 2009, 11:30 am

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by thebobmc
I was going to ask a very similar question, so Thanks for the answer ChrisA330.

Can I safely assume that the changes mentioned can be made after the first leg of an AP award ticket is flown ? And that the change fee would be $ 90 ?

It would be great if Aeroplan updated the T and C's published on their website to reflect the existing award ticket rules.
Here's the full excerpt from the itinerary. Agreed about the Aeroplan site...they need to make their T&C pages way more intuitive than they are today.

Changing Flight Rewards:• Changes to the itinerary can be made at anytime up to 2 hours prior to departure subject to availability.
• If you cannot travel on your scheduled flights you must notify Aeroplan at least 2 hours before flight departure or your ticket will be forfeit. Forfeit flight reward tickets are no longer valid for travel or mileage reinstatement.
• Changes can be made to the flight date(s), flight number(s), routing and/or itinerary changes (including cabin) and will require a fee of $90.00 CAD plus applicable taxes per ticket and may require the additional collection of miles. If additional mileage is required, the member must authorize the redemption of those additional miles. Changes that are less than the original mileage level booked will result in the residual miles being forfeit. Mileage changes may be due to availability, time of flight, day of travel, seasonality, advance purchase or minimum/maximum stay.
• Name changes are not permitted once the reservation has been made or tickets have been issued.
• ClassicPlus Flight rewards cannot be changed to ClassicFlight rewards or Star Alliance flight rewards.

Prior to your reward travel, but after your reward ticket has been issued:• Prior to departure, changes can be made to flight reward tickets on Air Canada, Star Alliance and Jazz depending on availability (certain conditions apply). To make a change, contact the Aeroplan Contact Centre.

Once reward travel has begun:
• Once travel has commenced, changes can be made to flight reward tickets on Air Canada, Star Alliance and Jazz, depending on availability. For flight rewards on Star Alliance and other airlines, changes are only permitted to flight date(s) and flight numbers on e-tickets only (certain conditions apply). Changes to the itinerary / routing / carrier / class are not permitted.
To make a change, contact the Aeroplan Contact Centre.
Old Jul 24, 2021, 2:26 pm

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Apologies in advance. I am search challenged. I have a RT on UA booked thru Aeroplan. Can I change the return date after I have flown the outbound? Ticket purchased last month, travel next week. I just want to back uo the return by 2 days. Airline, routing staying the same.
Old Jul 24, 2021, 3:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Yes, but why not change it now?
cruisr likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2021, 6:11 pm

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Yes, but why not change it now?
Planned stay keeps changing.
canadiancow likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.