Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada Special Meals (2021 onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 25, 2021, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
Air Canada special meals website

Information on AC's special meals prior to 2021 can be found here: Air Canada Special Meals Thread (2015-2020)

Print Wikipost

Air Canada Special Meals (2021 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2021, 2:12 pm

Programs: Free Agent
I miss, fondly, the plain rice with plain chicken breast with reddish sauce on the side option. I think it was a 'Low Salt' meal but it seemed to turn up in other choices as well. Basic, identifiable; safe (for me).

Legume allergic so all these cheffified chef inspired meat replacements are no go's.
24left and SidK like this.
Old Aug 5, 2021, 4:43 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE 100K, NEXUS, IHG Rewards
Originally Posted by CanadianConnection33
I can report that the 'kid's meal' (formally the Air Canada Child Meal [CHML]) on a recent domestic YYZ - YYC (J) included plump chicken tenders plus peas and carrots (cooked). Also included were a side of crudités (raw sliced carrots and celery with dip), a package of chocolate chip cookies, and an apple juice. I think there was also the standard bun but I'm unsure.
<snip>
This adult was annoyed that the kid's main came with meat but the adult's standard main did not (three cheese ravioli)..
I would prefer that kid's meal to most of the current adult meals any day of the week. and agree with your comment re: meat. Gonna keep that in mind for future flights!
Old Oct 10, 2021, 6:50 am

Programs: Air Canada Super Elite, Marriott Platinum
Anyone have experience with the special meals on long haul domestic signature?

I have an upcoming flight and it looks like its gonna be between the manicotti vs veal. Not a veal eater and not into the manicotti

Are any of the kosher, asian veg, veg any good? What do I actually get? Would I lose out on the cheese plate if I pick one?
Old Oct 27, 2021, 6:56 pm

Not that it really matters, but I'm 0/3 for getting a pre-ordered Child Meal on a short-haul flight where there's a snack being served in Business. Pre-covid, they used to offer it but for some reason they don't seem to be executing it anymore. It's on the crew's paperwork, it's on my boarding pass and it's confirmed more than 24 hours prior to the first flight.

The crew is always pretty apologetic about it and tell me to write to AC about not getting it. As someone who isn't quite the target demographic for child meals, it's getting slightly awkward (but I normally just say it's for the variety and take the standard snack).
canadiancow likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2021, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Is it normal for any or all airlines to consistently fubar legitimate SPML orders?
I've never ordered one, but having been involved with FT since 2004, I can't help but notice the amount of AC's failures in this regard.

(and when I say "AC", it also includes their vendors)
Old Jan 12, 2022, 9:39 pm

Intl J GFML (Jan 2022) if anyone is interested - dont do it, you’ve been warned.

Roast chicken with mushrooms and old almost rancid melon.

…just when I thought it couldnt get more disappointing than receiving a PY kit on an Intl J ticket
Old Mar 5, 2022, 12:40 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
I selected kids menu for our flight HNL to YYZ in J. Are they likely to get it or they may still get the adults menu?

Last edited by hita45; Mar 5, 2022 at 12:42 pm Reason: small error HNL
Old Mar 6, 2022, 12:26 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Air Canada 50K, United Silver, Accor Platinum, Others on Rotation
Originally Posted by zappy312
Not that it really matters, but I'm 0/3 for getting a pre-ordered Child Meal on a short-haul flight where there's a snack being served in Business. Pre-covid, they used to offer it but for some reason they don't seem to be executing it anymore. It's on the crew's paperwork, it's on my boarding pass and it's confirmed more than 24 hours prior to the first flight.

The crew is always pretty apologetic about it and tell me to write to AC about not getting it. As someone who isn't quite the target demographic for child meals, it's getting slightly awkward (but I normally just say it's for the variety and take the standard snack).

For what it's worth, I'm 3/5 with it actually arriving on longer flights. I travel with the target demographic.

One of the flights was a 10 hour from Hawai'i. The catering also managed to forget crew meals (which caused a delay while we waited for those to load) and forgot pretty much all of the restocked buy-on-board meals for Y such that the mac and cheese and pizza were not available. I complained to Air Canada only about the missing CHML meal with some comments I thought the crew should have food also loaded. A $50 voucher was offered.
Old Mar 6, 2022, 12:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by CanadianConnection33
For what it's worth, I'm 3/5 with it actually arriving on longer flights. I travel with the target demographic.

One of the flights was a 10 hour from Hawai'i. The catering also managed to forget crew meals (which caused a delay while we waited for those to load) and forgot pretty much all of the restocked buy-on-board meals for Y such that the mac and cheese and pizza were not available. I complained to Air Canada only about the missing CHML meal with some comments I thought the crew should have food also loaded. A $50 voucher was offered.
$50 is what I was offered in paid J when there was no meal for me, so I think the same value for no SPML is better than proportionate.

Not acceptable, but better than I'd expect.
Old Mar 6, 2022, 11:15 pm

Programs: AC SE-MM
Originally Posted by hita45
I selected kids menu for our flight HNL to YYZ in J. Are they likely to get it or they may still get the adults menu?
If the booking is never touched and a Childs meal was selected you will likely receive one.
If the booking is modified in any way they seem to fall of so you will have to call in and have them confirm / re-add the meal.
Old Mar 7, 2022, 6:20 am

Programs: WS Gold, AC 75K, Hertz PC, National EE, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Bills Mafia
Originally Posted by YYC3722
If the booking is never touched and a Childs meal was selected you will likely receive one.
If the booking is modified in any way they seem to fall of so you will have to call in and have them confirm / re-add the meal.
I have a kids meals ordered for 03/09. What are the kids meals? My 5 year old is kind of a picky a-hole when it comes to food.

Thanks
canadiancow likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2022, 7:44 am

Anyone know what’s the kids meal is in international J?

Thanks
Old Mar 7, 2022, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by Wallace Cashperson
Anyone have experience with the special meals on long haul domestic signature?

I have an upcoming flight and it looks like its gonna be between the manicotti vs veal. Not a veal eater and not into the manicotti

Are any of the kosher, asian veg, veg any good? What do I actually get? Would I lose out on the cheese plate if I pick one?
The veal is really good though. It's basically just beef.
Old Mar 21, 2022, 4:52 am

Child meal the same on both domestic and international J, SD said it actually surprised her how good it looked.
Old Mar 21, 2022, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by YLWflyer
Child meal the same on both domestic and international J, SD said it actually surprised her how good it looked.
More importantly, did it taste as good as it looked?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.