Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada Special Meals (2021 onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 25, 2021, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
Air Canada special meals website

Information on AC's special meals prior to 2021 can be found here: Air Canada Special Meals Thread (2015-2020)

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2021, 10:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC*SEMM, *G, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold

Looks like AC is looking for the return to normal and has updated (read: "enhanced") its SPML list. Just got an e-mail today to look at my profile as my previous SPML selection is no longer available. Not as "thin" of a list as what you'll find on UA - but in essence,
  • 3 diet specific options: DBML (also dubs as LSML and LFML), LCML and GFML
  • 5 "faith-based" options: Kosher, Muslim, Vegetarian Asian/Hindu, Vegetarian Jain, non-vegetarian Hindu
  • 2 additional vegetarian options
  • Child Meal
Air Canada - How to Order Special Meals
Old May 27, 2021, 8:10 pm

Programs: AC 75k
At least they are offering more, but for lactose intolerant/allergic types, there is only the full vegan option now. At least it is there (and I previously lobbied for it if there had to be only 2-3 choices), but with majority of the world's population lactose intolerant, including 2 pass who fly with me often, would have liked to see that one come back on an extended list.
YOWCDNFF likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2021, 10:53 am

Programs: Air Canada, Hyatt
Checked the Menu for my upcoming YUL-YVR next week, 3 cheese ravioli....no thanks.
Ordered the Kosher Meal.

Does anyone know what it might be?

Aside from being plated on new dishes, who is AC using ex-YUL for Kosher Meal catering?

Previously it was Ernie & Ellie for a while, then it was "Homemade" (If you know, you know!).
I've heard through the grape vine that they are using La Margeurite now?

Thanks in advance for any info

-'2k6
Old Jun 26, 2021, 2:10 pm

Programs: AC SE
Does anyone have any recent experience with children's meals in domestic Signature J?
Old Jun 30, 2021, 8:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Anyone know what SFO-YUL (PLH, non SS) breakfast SPML would be best for someone who can't eat eggs (cake is fine, omelette is not)?

And yes, I know it's COVID.
Old Jun 30, 2021, 9:08 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Anyone know what SFO-YUL (PLH, non SS) breakfast SPML would be best for someone who can't eat eggs (cake is fine, omelette is not)?

And yes, I know it's COVID.
Probably the vegan meal, or the fruit plate.
Old Jul 23, 2021, 9:49 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Air Canada 50K, United Silver, Accor Platinum, Others on Rotation
Originally Posted by rafi2k6
Checked the Menu for my upcoming YUL-YVR next week, 3 cheese ravioli....no thanks.
Ordered the Kosher Meal.

Does anyone know what it might be?

Aside from being plated on new dishes, who is AC using ex-YUL for Kosher Meal catering?

Previously it was Ernie & Ellie for a while, then it was "Homemade" (If you know, you know!).
I've heard through the grape vine that they are using La Margeurite now?

Thanks in advance for any info

-'2k6
What did this end up being? I feel the same way (about the scheduled ravioli ex YYZ).

. . . I do like the Nanaimo bar.
Old Jul 27, 2021, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by CanadianConnection33
What did this end up being? I feel the same way (about the scheduled ravioli ex YYZ).

. . . I do like the Nanaimo bar.
+1 on the Nanaimo bar....

So, the meal was just a Y main with larger side dishes + a bit better quality- but not by any meaningful integer.

The main was a "chicken parmigiana" but obviously sans cheese, so basically a breaded chicken breast, sliced, with a tomato sauce + wild rice medley + basic veg mix. Tasty & simple.
For sides, there was the classic smoked salmon & capers, + gefilte fish (this made me laugh out loud...WHY!?) horseradish + beets, corn salad (really good actually) & the usual stale or still frozen bread roll. Oh there was also a kind of chocolate cake / brownie for dessert- this was pretty good too actually.

Was the meal amazing? No, but it was a solid 7 / 10, and I'm fine with that. I knew what to expect.
If I adjust my score to account for expectations / knowing what I was likely going to receive, I'd give it a 9 /10.
FlySkyHigh likes this.
Old Aug 2, 2021, 12:49 pm

I flew AC 122 in J on July 31 and although the flight itself was very pleasant, the vegan special meal was vile. The "spicy tofu" main course wasn't remotely spicy and was nearly cold, and the tofu was tough and spongy. The white rice had a nasty somewhat congealed sauce beneath it. A tablespoon of sliced carrots and a soggy pile of bitter, overcooked greens accompanied it. I think the flavour profile was supposed to be Indian but it was hard to tell. The appetizer salad was better with fresh, spring mix greens and one or two grape tomatoes. The accompanying hummus was ice-cold and flavourless. Dessert was, of course, fresh fruit (because, of course, it's impossible to make a cooked vegan dessert) - one fairly tasty strawberry and a small pile of hard, cold slices of cantaloupe and honeydew melon.
Old Aug 2, 2021, 6:03 pm

Hope they actually manage their meals better now. Once I ordered Kosher meal....got "Baby - Bland" meal instead that I refused hah
Old Aug 5, 2021, 1:31 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Air Canada 50K, United Silver, Accor Platinum, Others on Rotation
I can report that the 'kid's meal' (formally the Air Canada Child Meal [CHML]) on a recent domestic YYZ - YYC (J) included plump chicken tenders plus peas and carrots (cooked). Also included were a side of crudités (raw sliced carrots and celery with dip), a package of chocolate chip cookies, and an apple juice. I think there was also the standard bun but I'm unsure.

The meal was very well received by the passenger (a child) and it was eaten with minimal parent cajoling.

This adult was annoyed that the kid's main came with meat but the adult's standard main did not (three cheese ravioli). I preferred the adult sides and desert but would have elected the chicken tenders had that been an option.

The apple juice was a bit strange and felt like a filler because many better kid's options are available from the drink cart.

I do have a picture on my little one's iPad but I encountered some objection when trying to take it and I missed some of the meal and I don't presently have access. More to come maybe.
Old Aug 5, 2021, 11:05 am

With my luck, I'll order a CHML again, and I'll end up with the "bland pasta" again.
Old Aug 5, 2021, 12:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by canadiancow
With my luck, I'll order a CHML again, and I'll end up with the "bland pasta" again.
Using quotes as the old Special Meals's thread is locked

On Jan 21, 17, 7:51 pm you wrote:

"Give me eggs and sausages. That's all I want.

It's why I never order an SPML.

And if you have any leftover meals, I want that sausage too "

On Oct 3, 17, 11:55 pm you wrote:

"Can I get a special meal on one flight, or does it have to be the whole PNR?

If the former, can I get a different special meal on each segment? (in this case, it's SFO-YYZ-SFO, so nothing crazy)."

Seems you were happy with these

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28902833-post370.html

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28902881-post371.html

As such, I would continue to nominate Mr Moo as the AC "CHML, AVML and NOML tester".

I await Moooo TRs.
Old Aug 5, 2021, 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by 24left
Using quotes as the old Special Meals's thread is locked

On Jan 21, 17, 7:51 pm you wrote:

"Give me eggs and sausages. That's all I want.

It's why I never order an SPML.

And if you have any leftover meals, I want that sausage too "

On Oct 3, 17, 11:55 pm you wrote:

"Can I get a special meal on one flight, or does it have to be the whole PNR?

If the former, can I get a different special meal on each segment? (in this case, it's SFO-YYZ-SFO, so nothing crazy)."

Seems you were happy with these

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28902833-post370.html

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28902881-post371.html

As such, I would continue to nominate Mr Moo as the AC "CHML, AVML and NOML tester".

I await Moooo TRs.
Whoa whoa, for BREAKFAST I will never order a SPML

But I think the other posts reiterate my "bland pasta" remark. I'd kill for chicken fingers.
Old Aug 5, 2021, 2:08 pm

Programs: Aeroplan (Credit Card owning Peasant), Avios (Peasant), Flying Blue (Exploring Peasant)
That Hindu Non-Vegetarian meal sounds good - not that I'm an observant Hindu, but that pretty much means just....chicken/Eggs or maybe Fish (seeing as Beef is a no-no).

That's actually not so bad!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.