FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   Changing, cancelling, re-booking tickets issued under the old Aeroplan program (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/2044676-changing-cancelling-re-booking-tickets-issued-under-old-aeroplan-program.html)

canadiancow Jun 22, 2021 1:43 pm

My understanding was that any changes would reprice the entire thing under the new program.

Unless you're SE and had an IKK booking, in which case there were VERY limited things most agents would let you do (I got tired of dealing with them so I just cancelled everything).

mahasamatman Jun 22, 2021 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow (Post 33348802)
My understanding was that any changes would reprice the entire thing under the new program.

Only voluntary changes. I've been able to make pretty significant changes as the result of cancellations.

canadiancow Jun 22, 2021 5:50 pm

Originally Posted by mahasamatman (Post 33349408)
Only voluntary changes. I've been able to make pretty significant changes as the result of cancellations.

Yes, sorry, voluntary changes.

But I've also had some pretty nasty pushback on schedule changes, that required a supervisor to approve changing it. And that was on an IKK booking.

Hence why I gave up and cancelled everything.

Adam Smith Jun 22, 2021 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow (Post 33349417)
Yes, sorry, voluntary changes.

But I've also had some pretty nasty pushback on schedule changes, that required a supervisor to approve changing it. And that was on an IKK booking.

Hence why I gave up and cancelled everything.

Makes me glad I didn't book a whole bunch of tickets under the old program just before it died!

mileageking Jun 23, 2021 1:04 pm

Same here. Still have 2 F PNRs under old system for travel later in year. Both are non-IKK and each changed at least twice months out.

milesforhire Jun 23, 2021 1:50 pm

Did any of those significant changes allow pushing the departure date past one year after the ticket issue date?

circky Jun 23, 2021 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by circky (Post 33348772)
Are there clear guidelines on what can/cannot be done for a ticket that was booked in the legacy system? My impression was that I could make changes, but it would have to reflect the new policy so if for example if I wanted to change one leg of my flight, I'll be subject to any new rules and it may cost me more/less Aeroplan points than before. When I contacted an agent on switching a flight, they essentially told me the only thing I could do is cancel the ticket after speaking to their ticketing department and rerouting is not possible. Is this accurate?

Following up on my own post, I called again and this agent was really helpful and was willing to make a voluntary change for me for my return flight without any repricing. So this a data point showing their policy for legacy tickets is very inconsistent, and I think it all depends on the agent you fortunately/unfortunately get on the phone.

mileageking Jun 23, 2021 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by milesforhire (Post 33351558)
Did any of those significant changes allow pushing the departure date past one year after the ticket issue date?

Just checked the two PNRs and both originally booked in June 2020 with outbound in Oct & Nov 2020. I have changed both at least twice and my new outbound is now after Nov 2021. So yes more than a year from original ticket issue date and outbound flights last year. Same PNRs, two new ticket numbers.

Originally Posted by circky (Post 33351728)
Following up on my own post, I called again and this agent was really helpful and was willing to make a voluntary change for me for my return flight without any repricing. So this a data point showing their policy for legacy tickets is very inconsistent, and I think it all depends on the agent you fortunately/unfortunately get on the phone.

Agree on inconsistences and YMMV. Glad I didn't cancel these legacy ones as each booking has four F long hauls. Saved several thousand points especially since SE priority reward discount benefit only goes up-to J.

terencelai Jun 24, 2021 8:40 pm

Leaving this Saturday for a reward booked under the old redemption scheme.
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...64165c894d.jpg

canadiancow Jun 24, 2021 8:54 pm

9.5 hours in Y :eek:

Adam Smith Jun 24, 2021 9:35 pm

Originally Posted by terencelai (Post 33355170)

Given the thread in which this was posted, did you make changes to this ticket after the new program was implemented? Air Serbia?

Altaflyer Jun 24, 2021 10:10 pm

Due to TK cancelling Sat departures from YYZ an agent allowed me to change the final destination from LWO (Lviw, Ukraine) to WAW without re-price to the new levels. I was very happy as flying to a country where 4% are vaccinated and has a conflict with its neighbour was not appealing! I am very impressed with the accommodations AC has made on various itineraries that have had sched changes.

bcnfish Jun 25, 2021 6:26 am

Originally Posted by terencelai (Post 33355170)

:eek::eek::eek:

I know this is FT but wow....you must really love flying, not even a mileage run!! :D

How many points was this? And how did you end up in SQ Z, a schedule change and they bought you revenue segments to accommodate?

bcnfish Jun 25, 2021 6:30 am

Originally Posted by canadiancow (Post 33355222)
9.5 hours in Y :eek:

More like 17 hours considering all those short haul flights are in Y seats...

toonomadic Jul 2, 2021 6:33 am

My old RTW below, has had several legs cancelled due to destination not open..

Going: RAK(Origin)-LIS-GVA-IST-FRA-HND-TPE-SIN-DPS(DESTINATION) costing 13935 MPM

Return: DPS-TPE(STOPOVER) -YYZ-LIS-RAK costing 13954 MPM

Ticket was issued October 11, 2020.

Do we have data points on whether:
1) original routing can be rebooked at a later date? / or it has to abide by new rules to get to destination?
2) whether that later date has to be within 30 days?
3) can destination change to same zone?

I see from other posts the answers are inconsistent (pending agent), just hoping to get a clearer picture of what I can ask for and what is generally not allowed because this will take some further planning and flight itinerizing on my behalf before I call in. Thank you in advance for any help.