FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   Changing, cancelling, re-booking tickets issued under the old Aeroplan program (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/2044676-changing-cancelling-re-booking-tickets-issued-under-old-aeroplan-program.html)

MillennialMiles Nov 10, 2020 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow (Post 32810461)
Any changes, or any voluntary changes? If my 6/day SFO-YYZ goes down to 4/day, I expect they will just put me on another one with no charge. If my mini-rtw has a schedule change and I want to go to DXB instead of SIN, that's a different matter.

But they can't legally do it for "any changes".

My apologies. I should have made that more clear. I was told voluntary changes as highlighted in your example. If there are any involvutary changes due to a schedule change then as far as I was told, they would honour the old booking.

Yes, I think "legally" speaking they learned their lesson from the LX F fiasco a couple years back.

cennis Nov 12, 2020 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by jugaadkabaap (Post 32813963)

Anyone knows if this applies to bookings before Nov 6th? I know free cancel/change is active until Dec 31 under old policy, but this is new page shows cancel/change at any time, even in 2021.

PHL_Intl. Nov 12, 2020 9:07 pm

Anyone know what Aeroplan will do if a flight booked under the old program had an itinerary change which won't really work for us? Thanks

MaxFlying Nov 13, 2020 7:14 am

Originally Posted by PHL_Intl. (Post 32816527)
Anyone know what Aeroplan will do if a flight booked under the old program had an itinerary change which won't really work for us? Thanks

All my flights on an upcoming (all AC) trip booked under the old program were changed a couple of days ago. I didnt like one of the changes. Called in, phone answered in 2 mins, agent booked me on my preferred flight. Cleaned up file, tickets reissued before call had ended.

RoninTech Nov 13, 2020 9:01 am

Originally Posted by MaxFlying (Post 32817167)
All my flights on an upcoming (all AC) trip booked under the old program were changed a couple of days ago. I didn't like one of the changes. Called in, phone answered in 2 mins, agent booked me on my preferred flight. Cleaned up file, tickets reissued before call had ended.

2 minutes? Nice! Do you have status?

I spent 4 hours on hold yesterday, if I could even get in the queue. And then after finally getting through I was told I couldn't change a Y segment on an itinerary to J even though I could book the J seat on my Y flight via AE's website. :confused:

PHL_Intl. Nov 14, 2020 6:12 pm

Finally got a hold of Aeroplan and without hesitation they were able to change a partner one-stop itinerary from Europe to the US to a nonstop departing from another country. Flight was booked under the old program for 55k.

mapleparty Nov 14, 2020 11:01 pm

Have anyone tried to request a refund of a booking under new program online? The website says it will take 7 days to refund.

canadiancow Nov 14, 2020 11:04 pm

Originally Posted by mapleparty (Post 32820559)
Have anyone tried to request a refund of a booking under new program online? The website says it will take 7 days to refund.

For bookings made after November 9, the points have been refunded immediately, and the money has been refunded within a few days.

mapleparty Nov 14, 2020 11:41 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow (Post 32820561)
For bookings made after November 9, the points have been refunded immediately, and the money has been refunded within a few days.

Thanks for the information!

opentag Nov 15, 2020 6:14 pm

Had a J redemption booked before Nov. 8 where 1 leg on both AC and a *A partner were only available in Y at time of booking. Of course now that the new program has released there isn't really such a thing as "no award availability in J - on an AC flight" - the points required would just be higher on more "in demand" flights.
Today I noticed that my leg YYZ-YUL on AC that was in Y was listed as available for 13.3k points in J. As this was at or below the stated range minimum for NA to NA flight <500 miles in J of 15k I called in to see if I could get that seat on my previous plan booking as a newly available "basic level" award seat.
After a LONG talk with a supervisor, the agent confirmed the supervisor would make the change and I received the updated itinerary a few hours later. The agent wasn't sure exactly *what* points level a seat would need to be to allow a booking under the previous rules to get the seat, but did confirm that not ALL seats would be available for this type of "upgrade" (and fair enough). They did say that this "won't be a thing with AC flights" in the new program as you get the AC class selected when you make the initial redemption. The did also confirm that this *will* continue to be available - both with old and new redemptions - for flights on partner airlines.

tl;dr Can likely upgrade Y AC legs of old redemption plan J bookings when points required for that leg are at or below new range minimum for flight leg.

Hope this hepls.

expert7700 Nov 16, 2020 1:18 pm

I'm disappointed that the surprise "only scenario not requiring legacy award repricing to the new system" is Super Elite IKK awards.

​​​​​​Our intentions were to use many before they disappeared in early November. However, with Covid, inventory was more wide open on AC segments for 2021 thru end of schedule. We could have gone out of our way to do so, but in this case we didn't need to click the button to include priority awards.

​​​​​​It feels like we are being punished, or treated as lower value Super Elites, just for not having selecting the "most expensive to AC" IKK flights.

llbean Nov 16, 2020 5:05 pm

Regarding #6

If we used a SE IKK - can we change the destination if it is the same redemption price (ie N America 25k) or is it date only?

Anyone know how we can do this?

Thanks

cooleddie Nov 17, 2020 12:30 am

1) Has anyone successfully cancelled and refunded a pre-changeover (pre-November 8, 2020) ticket online and got the full refund of points and fees immediately? Did you successfully do it on the website? Or did you have to call in? I got a pre-changeover ticket cancel and I'm scared of cancelling on the website through "My bookings".

2) I do not carry the Altitude card with the priority numbers. I usually just log in to altitude.aircanada.com and look for the superelite priority number. But it's gone on the new website and I cannot find it. Does anyone know where it is now listed on the website?

YYCCL3 Nov 20, 2020 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by milesforhire (Post 32798528)
I'm in the same boat except in April. Pretty sure I'm going to be hit with major invol changes. The odds feel 50/50 whether invol changes will incur ADC or repricing through the new system... I'll be looking forward to your report!

I had one mangled booking due to schedule changes/flight cancellations coming up in December that I decided to fix today. I tried to push it out into 2021 as I have another booking that I'll probably use instead, but I was told that the policy is that they will rebook you with no ADC +/- 3 days of the original flight. Otherwise, they will advise you to cancel it and rebook under the new program. The agent was very helpful and knowledgeable. For this particular booking, I ended up rebooking the same O/D for the same date but on a completely different route.

YYCCL3 Nov 21, 2020 3:07 pm

Interesting - one of the segments I have in my invol award rebooking was in booking class P. Not going to get any miles for it, but interesting nonetheless.