FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   Changing, cancelling, re-booking tickets issued under the old Aeroplan program (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/2044676-changing-cancelling-re-booking-tickets-issued-under-old-aeroplan-program.html)

BlondeBomber Mar 25, 2021 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by Bohemian1 (Post 33123915)
It's possible this already came up earlier and I just wasn't paying attention, but I have a question.

I just called to change one leg of an ancient IKK J award booking (YVR to FCO). Now my PNR shows YVR-YYZ in P, YYZ-FCO in I (both were in I previously). But on AC's site, the class shows as Business Class (flexible).

Is this just some bug/artefact on their site or would AC lounge staff really see this a Business Class Flexible booking?

My guess is that it will show as BCF (hopefully that works for you and the signature suite is open. YMMV

I had a similar forced issue a couple of years ago on a paid ticket. It put my Premium Economy non-flexible ticket into a Business Class flexible as soon as AC touched the file to do a manual work around and then eupgraded me, it even upgraded non-AC portions of the routing on SAS into Business all for Premium Economy non-flexible pricing!

canadiancow Mar 25, 2021 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by Bohemian1 (Post 33123915)
It's possible this already came up earlier and I just wasn't paying attention, but I have a question.

I just called to change one leg of an ancient IKK J award booking (YVR to FCO). Now my PNR shows YVR-YYZ in P, YYZ-FCO in I (both were in I previously). But on AC's site, the class shows as Business Class (flexible).

Is this just some bug/artefact on their site or would AC lounge staff really see this a Business Class Flexible booking?

I have basically never trusted what the website says. I've had it say "Economy - Flexible" and "You will be seated in business class" on B/P/P/B itineraries.

What's the fare basis?

All the business flexible fares end in EF (possibly with a /AEx designator).

My upcoming J lowest basis is IBP00EL/AE4 (Executive Lowest).
My pre-2.0 booking is just "IBP".

Bohemian1 Mar 25, 2021 3:32 pm

Good question.

Fare basis shows as "IJBP00". Which did not exactly illuminate me.

canadiancow Mar 25, 2021 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by Bohemian1 (Post 33126476)
Good question.

Fare basis shows as "IJBP00". Which did not exactly illuminate me.

That's definitely pre-new-Aeropan. I would not expect to gain entry to the SS.

I'm pretty sure old bookings always showed up as Business Flexible on the site (or just Flex in Y), even though they weren't.

Bohemian1 Mar 25, 2021 5:40 pm

Thanks for the feedback all.

As BlondeBomber suggests, I may attempt to try my luck and get into the SS anyway but will be prepared to rebuked.

canadiancow Apr 12, 2021 1:34 pm

I just made a change to my first AC-operated legacy IKK booking. They require X/I-space for the new flights. I've only previously changed non-AC segments, where you obviously needed X/I/O.

So I ended up needing to use United's site to find space.

This really makes it a pain to make changes. My SFO-YYZ-YHZ became SFO-ORD-YUL-YHZ (with the first segment in J, not I), but they won't let me access even R space on SFO-YYZ-YHZ.

Edit: And she concluded by telling me I can't even change the routing any more. So because I-space required going through YUL, I can't switch to YYZ for way better timed flights if they open.

This whole "you can change legacy IKK bookings for no points difference" policy isn't even useful.

yvr76 Apr 12, 2021 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow (Post 33172433)
I just made a change to my first AC-operated legacy IKK booking. They require X/I-space for the new flights. I've only previously changed non-AC segments, where you obviously needed X/I/O.

So I ended up needing to use United's site to find space.

This really makes it a pain to make changes. My SFO-YYZ-YHZ became SFO-ORD-YUL-YHZ (with the first segment in J, not I), but they won't let me access even R space on SFO-YYZ-YHZ.

Edit: And she concluded by telling me I can't even change the routing any more. So because I-space required going through YUL, I can't switch to YYZ for way better timed flights if they open.

This whole "you can change legacy IKK bookings for no points difference" policy isn't even useful.

On my end, my legacy IKK was changed due to a canceled AC flight. So I was in the driver's seat and was able to choose any flight with positive J.

canadiancow Apr 12, 2021 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by yvr76 (Post 33172918)
On my end, my legacy IKK was changed due to a canceled AC flight. So I was in the driver's seat and was able to choose any flight with positive J.

Mine had been rerouted from SFO-YYZ-YHZ-YYZ-SFO to SFO-ORD-YUL-YHZ-YYZ-YVR-SFO. I was not given any flexibility.

gbongc May 3, 2021 11:55 am

I had AUH-JFK booked on F under the old chart. I am now downgraded to J due to equipment swap. Will I be allowed a change to AUH-IAD F without being charged under new award chart, or must I find AUH-IAD-JFK for this to count?

canadiancow May 3, 2021 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by gbongc (Post 33223244)
I had AUH-JFK booked on F under the old chart. I am now downgraded to J due to equipment swap. Will I be allowed a change to AUH-IAD F without being charged under new award chart, or must I find AUH-IAD-JFK for this to count?

I could see it go either way. Best to call and ask.

On another matter, I just cancelled my last two legacy miniRTWs. I also had an EY F cancellation. One PNR was rebooked in J two days later, the other was not. So one had a SIN stopover we didn't want, and the other had a SIN//MUC open jaw.

I don't think I can travel at that time for personal reasons. I don't think half the countries would permit transit or entry. So I'm done. But the taxes gave him issues because the tickets had been reissued numerous times. I hope I get my money back. Interestingly, I have the 430k points back, but the PNRs are still active.

I am now down to one legacy booking - the YHZ do flight :)

xslash10x Jun 21, 2021 2:07 pm

Have flights on LX metal that I need to cancel

I know AP is allowing free cancelations with no penalty. My flights were booked under the old program which cost me 55k miles to Europe instead of 85k now. If I wait until LX cancels the flights, which likely they will since I'm scheduled to fly in aobut a week, will AP allow me to reschedule my flights to a later date (like in Dec) w/o having to pay the new increased miles?

stevendorechester Jun 21, 2021 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by xslash10x (Post 33346065)
I know AP is allowing free cancelations with no penalty. My flights were booked under the old program which cost me 55k miles to Europe instead of 85k now. If I wait until LX cancels the flights, which likely they will since I'm scheduled to fly in aobut a week, will AP allow me to reschedule my flights to a later date (like in Dec) w/o having to pay the new increased miles?

Things may have change since I spoke with an agent. If the flights you have are cancelled Aeroplan will reroute you on any partner that has award seats ( or AC flights in any inventory if AC serves your destination). They will do this without charging more points.However if the dates you want off are more than a couple of days off they may ask you to redeposit and rebook at the new points level.

xslash10x Jun 21, 2021 4:21 pm

Ah bummer. Thanks for the info.

mahasamatman Jun 21, 2021 5:38 pm

I got an 11-day reaccomondation, but only because AC completely dropped the route.

circky Jun 22, 2021 1:31 pm

Aeroplan Reward Ticket on Old Ticketing System

Are there clear guidelines on what can/cannot be done for a ticket that was booked in the legacy system? My impression was that I could make changes, but it would have to reflect the new policy so if for example if I wanted to change one leg of my flight, I'll be subject to any new rules and it may cost me more/less Aeroplan points than before. When I contacted an agent on switching a flight, they essentially told me the only thing I could do is cancel the ticket after speaking to their ticketing department and rerouting is not possible. Is this accurate?