Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC Employee Discount and Status?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2022, 7:58 pm

GO AC codes work the same as they always have.
Old Dec 28, 2022, 9:34 am

Programs: BA blue,, aeroplan 25K
Using a staff discount code to book J fare

Please move to correct thread if necessary No could not find a clear answer
booking a J ticket lowest business class fare to the UK using a friends discount code (emloyee) I think its 20% off. will this still get me eligible miles and $$ spend towards elite status SQM, SQD…

Last edited by Adam Smith; Dec 28, 2022 at 10:49 am Reason: Move content to appropriate thread
Old Dec 28, 2022, 10:09 am

Programs: AC SE
I use these often—it's good to have friends who are pilots.

Yes, this is counted as a normal flight for SQM, SQD purposes, etc.
aircrashsurvivor likes this.

Last edited by Adam Smith; Dec 28, 2022 at 10:49 am Reason: Move content to appropriate thread
Old Dec 28, 2022, 10:15 am

Thank you. Yes that answers it all. Much appreciated. Those are one way answers I assume
Old Dec 28, 2022, 10:50 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by aircrashsurvivor
Moderator note: merged with existing thread on exactly this topic.
yowcat and canadiancow like this.
Old Dec 30, 2022, 9:08 am

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Moderator note: merged with existing thread on exactly this topic.
Thanks Adam. Yea this exactly what I was looking for but there seems to be 2 completely different responses
1) anything greater than 10% discount will NOT result in SQM and SQD accumulation (which is problematic for a transcon J fare and all it offers)
2) even the 20% discount code DOES allow all revenue based privileges including accumulation of SQM and SQD……

So….confusion is still present
Old Dec 30, 2022, 9:49 am

Programs: AC 100K, Alaska MVP Gold 75K, Marriott/SPG (Bonvoy?) Gold Elite/HHonors Gold
There are two discount code types: one for friends and family which allows for Aeroplan accumulation (including SQD, etc.), which is 10%/15% depending on route, and one for immediate family which does not allow for Aeroplan accumulation.
aircrashsurvivor likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2022, 9:53 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE
booking a J ticket lowest business class fare to the UK using a friends discount code (emloyee) I think its 20% off. will this still get me eligible miles and $$ spend towards elite status SQM, SQD…
There are 2 GO AC codes - the one for friends (10% domestic / 15% international) allows for SQM/SQS/SQD/LQM accumulation and using status benefits.

The 20% code (which should only be used by family of AC employee I believe are the terms) do not allow for SQM/SQS/SQD/LQM and status benefits.
Old Dec 30, 2022, 10:05 am

Confusion seems to be gone now
the friends /family 10% for domestic and 15% international discount code (the one I actually will be using) is like any other AC typical 10-15% revenue compatible code
It’s the additional 20% code for “family” that doesn’t allow the accumulation of benefits

thank you all and hopefully this sorts the confusion for others in the thread above
Old Dec 30, 2022, 7:40 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum
There are family codes only for designated family members then there are family and friends. I believe the F&F codes accrue SQM & SQD but are of less discount than the family codes.
Old Dec 30, 2022, 9:23 pm

Not True Anymore

This used to be the case but is not true anymore.

The 20% “family” discount codes do accrue SQDs etc.

I know for certainty because I have used three of them in 2022 and all the accruals show
on my Aeroplan account.

it also explicitly states so in the ‘terms and conditions’ on the employee travel website relating to such codes.

Confusion seems to be gone now
the friends /family 10% for domestic and 15% international discount code (the one I actually will be using) is like any other AC typical 10-15% revenue compatible code
It’s the additional 20% code for “family” that doesn’t allow the accumulation of benefits

thank you all and hopefully this sorts the confusion for others in the thread above
aircrashsurvivor and YYC3722 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.