Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2021, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: yyznomad
***yyznomad will be making this into a full wiki during the first full week of January 2021, so for any suggestions, please write a post in this thread instead of touching the wiki

Example SE benefit selection wizard

Status Passes available for use starting March 2021

Print Wikipost

2021 AC Status Privileges

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2020, 7:05 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I guess 14 would make sense. I was more hinting that the wording doesn't line up with the new program.
In what way? It's the same old wording, but saying there's 100% bonus isn't specific to how the points are earned - it doesn't reference whether earning is based on distance or dollars. And there's nothing stopping AC from restricting the bonus earning to only certain airlines.
Old Dec 22, 2020, 7:06 pm

Programs: AC SE, UA S, Bonvoy Titanium
I wish SE's could pick 3 instead of 2.
Old Dec 22, 2020, 7:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by recreationaltimetraveller
I wish SE's could pick 3 instead of 2.
I always pick the eUps and bonus miles, but would happily take the WiFi pass as well if I could.
run&fly likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2020, 7:18 pm

Programs: AC SE, UA S, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
I always pick the eUps and bonus miles, but would happily take the WiFi pass as well if I could.
That or 50K for a "friend" for those of us with entitled spouses :P
Old Dec 22, 2020, 7:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by recreationaltimetraveller
That or 50K for a "friend" for those of us with entitled spouses :P
Nah, my wife is 50K all on her own

It's too bad the status passes are in the same category though; that might have been a better alternative for many "friends" don't travel all that often on their own.
Old Dec 22, 2020, 7:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Nah, my wife is 50K all on her own

It's too bad the status passes are in the same category though; that might have been a better alternative for many "friends" don't travel all that often on their own.
i do find the status gifting to be useful. Would also like the three choices. I mean, who wouldn't,
Old Dec 22, 2020, 9:11 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Hertz Gold
Hasn't 25K always had an eUp select privilege?
Only for FP activity, which is still an option.
Old Dec 22, 2020, 9:31 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Marriot, Hilton, IHG, P25K
Originally Posted by guessaaa

Yes 25K has provided 20 eUps as a selectable privilege previously, during the switch to Amadeus, they gave out an extra set of eUps, 5 additional if I recall correctly.

It appears they added those two numbers together for 2021.

Last edited by Adam Smith; Dec 22, 2020 at 11:25 pm Reason: Fixed quote
Old Dec 22, 2020, 9:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
In what way? It's the same old wording, but saying there's 100% bonus isn't specific to how the points are earned - it doesn't reference whether earning is based on distance or dollars. And there's nothing stopping AC from restricting the bonus earning to only certain airlines.
We've been discussing this since August 11

Originally Posted by guessaaa
Ah I didn't realize there was no eUp option in bundle one.
Old Dec 22, 2020, 11:25 pm
Original Poster

We've been discussing this since August 11
I thought we had been discussing whether the 100% bonus would mean would end up with us getting 11x or 14x, not that we might somehow only get 7x
Old Dec 23, 2020, 3:10 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, hhonors Gold
Interesting that they’ve done a soft rollout on the comms. Wonder when we are going to be able to select benefits. We are like a week away from 2021 seems pretty late.
Old Dec 23, 2020, 7:46 am

Programs: Aeroplan 50K/Star Alliance Gold, Accor Gold, base level Marriott/Hyatt/Hilton
Originally Posted by yyznomad
This might be the first time I've seen someone posting about their satisfaction regarding 25K benefits.
I think 25K is way underrated. Just compare it to LH FT (which is harder to get). I do wish we got tags, cards, and maybe a more substantial discount on redemptions, but it's pretty good for the amount that I fly.

Don't tell me it has
Old Dec 23, 2020, 8:39 am

I thought we had been discussing whether the 100% bonus would mean would end up with us getting 11x or 14x, not that we might somehow only get 7x
I was definitely not certain that benefit would persist through the accumulation change.

But yes, I agree 11 and 14 are the most likely multipliers, and 14 would match UA when you consider forex.
Old Dec 23, 2020, 9:36 am
Original Poster

I was definitely not certain that benefit would persist through the accumulation change.
Do you know something the rest of us don't know, or is that a guess?

There's no discussion on the benefits page about that benefit disappearing when the accumulation change happens, so it would be pretty crappy if they didn't replace it with something substantially similar - those of us who selected it would be screwed out of half a year, or a third of a year, or whatever, of a benefit, when we could have chosen something else.
Old Dec 23, 2020, 9:42 am

Do you know something the rest of us don't know, or is that a guess?

There's no discussion on the benefits page about that benefit disappearing when the accumulation change happens, so it would be pretty crappy if they didn't replace it with something substantially similar - those of us who selected it would be screwed out of half a year, or a third of a year, or whatever, of a benefit, when we could have chosen something else.
No, I know nothing. But the fact that they don't even discuss what it means gave me some doubt.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.