Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2021 Package has Arrived

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2021, 4:35 am

Originally Posted by yyznomad
Well, the actual status member card is useful when using partner lounges... IMHO.
Shouldn't the APP digital card work which has the star alliance gold logo?
Old Feb 4, 2021, 9:18 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by mileageking
Shouldn't the APP digital card work which has the star alliance gold logo?
In theory, if the *G status is on the BP, even the digital card shouldn't be necessary.

But try having that argument with some officious agent who insists on a physical card (which happens not infrequently with some of the Germanic *A partners). Maybe you'll win it in the end, maybe you won't.

But if you have the physical card with you, there's no problem.

At some point, that's likely to change, but until then, I hope AC keeps sending out the physical cards.
Old Feb 4, 2021, 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
In theory, if the *G status is on the BP, even the digital card shouldn't be necessary.

But try having that argument with some officious agent who insists on a physical card (which happens not infrequently with some of the Germanic *A partners). Maybe you'll win it in the end, maybe you won't.

But if you have the physical card with you, there's no problem.

At some point, that's likely to change, but until then, I hope AC keeps sending out the physical cards.
Agree, BP with *G status should suffice but whenever card is requested, digital card should be good.

In this day and age, most airlines have adapted to digital cards for their own FF (some for few years now) including Lufthansa. Here are few examples of star alliance carriers offering digital cards for their own FF programs: AC, LH, LX, SQ, UA, A3, NZ, NH, OZ, OS, TG, TK, BR, TP, AV, SA. Lounge dragons would be use to seeing digital cards. Even Star Alliance website states digital cards are fine.

Not saying AC shouldn't send out physical cards although some airlines may have stopped completely (I know of a couple).
Old Feb 4, 2021, 3:05 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by mileageking
Agree, BP with *G status should suffice but whenever card is requested, digital card should be good.

In this day and age, most airlines have adapted to digital cards for their own FF (some for few years now) including Lufthansa. Here are few examples of star alliance carriers offering digital cards for their own FF programs: AC, LH, LX, SQ, UA, A3, NZ, NH, OZ, OS, TG, TK, BR, TP, AV, SA. Lounge dragons would be use to seeing digital cards. Even Star Alliance website states digital cards are fine.
I don't know why we have to go through this again, as this debate has been had numerous times, but that's all well in good until you run in to a grumpy lounge agent who insists on having a physical card.

I haven't had a problem at a UA lounge in a decade, but had an issue with one of the LH group airlines as recently as mid to late 2019, and probably at least once a year before that.

Travel is already full of enough hassles that I would rather just have my physical card in my passport wallet, where it doesn't really make any difference to me whether I have it or not, than have to have arguments with lounge agents about whether or not I should be allowed in solely based on my BP or digital card. If you would like to spend 15 minutes arguing and pulling up the policy from the LH website or whatever, have at it. I'll pull out my physical card and be done with it.
D582 and canadiancow like this.
Old Feb 4, 2021, 3:10 pm

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
I don't know why we have to go through this again, as this debate has been had numerous times, but that's all well in good until you run in to a grumpy lounge agent who insists on having a physical card.

I haven't had a problem at a UA lounge in a decade, but had an issue with one of the LH group airlines as recently as mid to late 2019, and probably at least once a year before that.
I've had a similar experience on more than one occasion, also only with the LH group.

I never take my physical card with me when flying in North America, but I never go to Europe without it.
Old Feb 4, 2021, 3:28 pm

Not sure if these numerous discussions were recent or over past few years. Anyway wasn't aware, sorry to have wasted your precious time to respond. Personally, haven't had issues across Asia or Europe on partner lounges hence am only speaking from my experience and folks I know. Although in most recent experiences with LH or LX lounges I flew with them in first or business. Anyway , nuff said and god forbid I waste any more of people's time
Old Feb 5, 2021, 9:54 am

Well, the actual status member card is useful when using partner lounges... IMHO.
My kit arrived yesterday. As mentioned above, the digital card should work, but I do now have a physical card if I need it.
Old Feb 15, 2021, 8:21 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA PlatPro, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Plat & LT Gold, Hilton Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by painintheuk
My kit arrived yesterday. As mentioned above, the digital card should work, but I do now have a physical card if I need it.
Surprisingly enough I got mine today on Family Day was a nice surprise to say the least. I then remembered that Family Day is only a provincial holiday not federal so that's why I received my mail today. Just in time to show them off for an upcoming flight.
Old Feb 23, 2021, 6:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Anyone still waiting for their 2021 package?
Old Feb 23, 2021, 6:35 pm

Programs: M-Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Aeroplan 50K, DragonPass, AMEX MR, NEXUS
I received my package in early February. My dad who is also a 50K still hasn’t received his. The weirdest thing about it is that we both live at the same address, so it seems very strange that mine arrived and his didn’t.
Old Feb 23, 2021, 6:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by codfather
The weirdest thing about it is that we both live at the same address, so it seems very strange that mine arrived and his didn’t.
We're talking about Air Canada, right? So what's very strange? Confused.
Old Feb 23, 2021, 6:38 pm

Programs: M-Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Aeroplan 50K, DragonPass, AMEX MR, NEXUS
We're talking about Air Canada, right? So what's very strange? Confused.
Hahahaha fair. I think I’ll tell him he should contact them at this point. Not like he’s in any rush to receive the package though.
Old Feb 23, 2021, 7:43 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, IHG Diamond, National Exec Elite
Im still waiting for my SE package. I emailed the Concierge and they have arranged for a new package to be sent.
Old Feb 23, 2021, 7:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Unless mine showed up sometime since Friday, I'm still waiting.
Old Feb 23, 2021, 8:52 pm

The last time I actively remember physically using my card because I had to was not for the lounge, but was to access a FastTrack lane at BRU ... circa 2016? It was an all 'round strange experience because they wanted a photograph to add it to the list of accepted card designs. Was just after one of the redesigns. (And they showed me the photo immediately to prove no personal data included.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.