Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

MIami Lounge for AC - not RCC!, but Club America lounge!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MIami Lounge for AC - not RCC!, but Club America lounge!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2011, 3:05 pm

Programs: UA G
Originally Posted by yul36
Is there no longer an RCC there?
Gone since end of 2004.
Old Aug 8, 2011, 3:16 pm

Programs: AC Elite
Just flew back from MIA yesterday & was told there was no lounge. If I had a Diner's CLub card ( or something) I could use another lounge but I don;t so didn;t bother.
Old Aug 8, 2011, 8:19 pm

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro (Emerald), others
Originally Posted by mtensioners
AC wont pay to use the lounge, too few *SE and *E plus J pax to make it worth their while.
Actually, the GA smiled when he said they were booted because the contract lounge was getting too crowded with *A, I think he was joking...

but a question, would AC have paid per year or per person for lounge use?
Old Jan 10, 2015, 11:49 am

Apologies for resurrecting a zombie thread.

Can anyone comment on what the current lounge situation is at MIA?
Old Jan 10, 2015, 11:59 am

Programs: AC*SE
The weather is so stunning in Miami at this time of year. Why would you want to spend one second longer in the airport then you have to to get your flight?
Old Jan 10, 2015, 12:32 pm

Programs: AC SE
loungebuddy did not show any *A lounges I can use in MIA, but there are a couple of PP lounges. If you have Amex Plat, you can use those with your PP membership.

http://www.loungebuddy.com/miami-international-airport/
Old Jan 10, 2015, 1:57 pm
Formerly known as tireman77

Flew out of MIA last year. No AC/*A lounges available from where AC flies out of at that time. I'm pretty sure that hasn't changed.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by iMedic
Apologies for resurrecting a zombie thread.
Can anyone comment on what the current lounge situation is at MIA?
I've been exMIA on AC a few times since Oct.
Couldn't get a better location for AC ops in MIA than the "VIP" lounge at J5. But it's nothing much of a lounge.

BTW, I was turned away 2 of 3 times around 2p and told the lounge was at capacity.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by CloudsBelow
I've been exMIA on AC a few times since Oct.
Couldn't get a better location for AC ops in MIA than the "VIP" lounge at J5. But it's nothing much of a lounge.

BTW, I was turned away 2 of 3 times around 2p and told the lounge was at capacity.
Is that the one at the top of the escalators in the middle of the terminal? It was a LAN lounge and I was turned away. Has that changed?
Old Jan 13, 2015, 7:48 am

Originally Posted by PLeblond
Is that the one at the top of the escalators in the middle of the terminal? It was a LAN lounge and I was turned away. Has that changed?
Yes, across from J5 up the escalators, it is now a LAN (OneWorld) lounge. They do turn away Priority Pass for a couple hours early in the afternoon (warning sign is on the counter) until the LH (?) flight departs.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 7:52 am

Originally Posted by bingocallerb22
Yes, across from J5 up the escalators, it is now a LAN (OneWorld) lounge. They do turn away Priority Pass for a couple hours early in the afternoon (warning sign is on the counter) until the LH (?) flight departs.
I was flying in J and *G. I was told I could not use this lounge.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 8:07 am

Originally Posted by PLeblond
That's the lounge.
Priority Pass members are denied access after 3pm.
As I noted above, I've been denied access 2 of 3 times in recent months due to the club being at capacity. (Before 3pm)
Not sure where/when the AX Cent Lounge in MIA is opening? Perhaps that will fracture numbers a little.

PS - MIA DL Sky Club is quite nice and a 5 min walk from J5, for anyone who might have access
Old Jan 13, 2015, 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by CloudsBelow
That's the lounge.

Priority Pass members are denied access after 3pm.
As I noted above, I've been denied access 2 of 3 times in recent months due to the club being at capacity. (Before 3pm)
Not sure where/when the AX Cent Lounge in MIA is opening? Perhaps that will fracture numbers a little.

PS - MIA DL Sky Club is quite nice and a 5 min walk from J5, for anyone who might have access
The sign on the counter says... “Priority Pass Members Welcome. Limited access between the hours of 13:00 – 17:00 daily”

Since I enter as OW Emerald, never been refused access.

What is really nice is the Premium Lounge (OW) at E! I go there instead (if there is time).
Old Jan 14, 2015, 10:54 am

The sign on the counter says... “Priority Pass Members Welcome. Limited access between the hours of 13:00 – 17:00 daily”
I never noticed sign.

A few months ago, I entered around 4pm. Was told "No access for Priority Pass after 3p".

Recently denied access @ 2pm and allowed entry another day @ 2pm.

Seems the PP site has all the (restrictive) deets, bolding mine :

Lounge: VIP LOUNGE MIAMI
Location: Airside - near Gate J5, in the main departure lounge.

Opening Hours: Access is limited to the hours of 04:00 - 15:00 daily. During these hours, access may be restricted due to space constraints.
Old Jan 14, 2015, 5:39 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
This is odd, last time I went through MIA (6 months ago) there was no access for AC flyers including Paid J people from what I heard at the podium (confirming what I had read online as well). I was there like 5 hours so I paid $50 for Admirals Club access and was satisfied.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.