Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

MIami Lounge for AC - not RCC!, but Club America lounge!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MIami Lounge for AC - not RCC!, but Club America lounge!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2003, 5:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
I was able to access the Club America lounge 2 days ago.

One advantage- for those who like to imbibe alcoholic beverages - they are free (ie no charge) - unlike the RCC, where one has to pay a fee.
Old Sep 2, 2003, 8:46 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
Air Canada is moving to the brand new Concourse J in mid-2006 when it is complete. Air Canada is actually paying for part of the terminals construction. United, Lufthansa, Mexicana, USAirways, and Varig will be there too for easy connections, and they will share everything...gates, check-in, ground crew, and premium lounges.
Old Aug 13, 2008, 7:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII
I was able to access the Club America lounge 2 days ago.

One advantage- for those who like to imbibe alcoholic beverages - they are free (ie no charge) - unlike the RCC, where one has to pay a fee.
Are drinks still free here? Are they self-serve? What about changes in food service?
Old Aug 13, 2008, 9:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Last year they were. There is a self serve drinks area.
Old Aug 14, 2008, 3:34 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, hhonors Gold
When I was there in January the drinks were still free, but there was a bartender. Not the highest quality of wine, but the beer was at least cold. Food was pretty sparse if I remember.
Old Aug 14, 2008, 7:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Thanks everyone! Since it's a contract lounge, I wonder if having a bartender is important for some intl airlines who want to make it seem more like a "bar"
Old Aug 8, 2011, 10:59 am

Programs: UA G
Anyone passed through MIA recently on AC? What's the lounge situation there for AC?
Old Aug 8, 2011, 11:12 am

Programs: AP*SE SPG-PLAT
5 weeks ago I was denied entry into the club america lounge because the dragon said that AC was not contracted to them. I tried with AMEX platinum and they said only PP will let me in. They allowed members of other airlines in .
Old Aug 8, 2011, 11:19 am

Programs: Various airline, hotel and credit card programs
Originally Posted by zsm1928
5 weeks ago I was denied entry into the club america lounge because the dragon said that AC was not contracted to them. I tried with AMEX platinum and they said only PP will let me in. They allowed members of other airlines in .
Yes, PP gets you in but it is not worth the visit, the new J terminal has more interesting places where to spend time.
Old Aug 8, 2011, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by Vaclav
Yes, PP gets you in but it is not worth the visit, the new J terminal has more interesting places where to spend time.
Where?
Old Aug 8, 2011, 11:50 am

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro (Emerald), others
Was just at MIA a couple of weeks ago, but got a surprise at MIA... asked at AC check-in (the flight was late, not a surprise) and was told there is no lounge there for us (a surprise, considering it is an international hub), he said they have recently been kicked out of the shared lounge and told to build there own... no *A lounge? Nope. I am still on a learning curve with AC enhancements
Old Aug 8, 2011, 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by bingocallerb22
Was just at MIA a couple of weeks ago, but got a surprise at MIA... asked at AC check-in (the flight was late, not a surprise) and was told there is no lounge there for us (a surprise, considering it is an international hub), he said they have recently been kicked out of the shared lounge and told to build there own... no *A lounge? Nope. I am still on a learning curve with AC enhancements
This happened at least 18 months ago. AC will not build a lounge there. They only fly an E90 with 93 PAx once a day. Never will be an AC lounge there.
Old Aug 8, 2011, 12:30 pm

Programs: UA G
Originally Posted by bingocallerb22
It's a OW international hub, not a *A one. I can't imagine *A building a lounge there; contract lounges are their best bet.
Old Aug 8, 2011, 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by unavaca
It's a OW international hub, not a *A one. I can't imagine *A building a lounge there; contract lounges are their best bet.
AC wont pay to use the lounge, too few *SE and *E plus J pax to make it worth their while.
Old Aug 8, 2011, 12:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AC nadda, DL, WS-Nadda
Is there no longer an RCC there?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.