Community
Wiki Posts
Search

20% off all fares and destinations

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2020, 10:14 am

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, WoH Explorist
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Was anyone watching fares beforehand and seen whether AC went and put up fares in the lead-up to this promo, as they so often do?

Care to share the dates and routes? Would love to look up the fare rules on EF.

MHD? With two-week quarantine on the way back? Blech.
Early October I paid 1780$ for a return trip (latitude fare) YQB - GOT for Nov 4-21. Same trip with the dates adjusted to fall within the promo (Nov 18 - Dec 5) is 2960$ after discount for the same fare class. Don't know what happened early October but the latitude fares to Europe dropped like crazy. Originally had a booking using the CIBC/TD promo where I paid 3000$ for the YQB - GOT trip on a latitude fare which I later cancelled when the fares dropped early October. Have only really monitored the prices to Europe in the last two months or so and they have been all over the place.
Adam Smith likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2020, 11:47 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by guessaaa
YVR-YYZ-FRA Feb 4-Feb 15 AC metal only.

BLW77NCK there and BLX77NCK back without code.
BFFE both ways with the code.
Is it just that those fares have expired? I don't see them on EF and I can't get them to come up on the AC website, it keeps showing me BFFE.

Originally Posted by jarjay92
If I have a booking (yyz-yvr, standard fare) and cancel it to get an Air Canada credit, can I then rebook the same flight at the cheaper price and still have the 1 free change/cancellation?
Welcome to FT

hoipolloi's response is somewhat misleading. What you want to do is possible, if you don't need the money from the credit to book the new flight right away. If you want to access that credit/gift card immediately, then hoipolloi is correct.
canadiancow and hoipolloi like this.
Old Oct 31, 2020, 2:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I have 8 Comfort fares booked under this promo. 3 remaining from the last 25% off promo.

At that discount, for many routes, it's basically CO (including refundability) for the price of TG, so if you look at it as getting something extra rather than saving money, it's a great deal.
Adam Smith and talkeryxu like this.
Old Oct 31, 2020, 10:37 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Is it just that those fares have expired? I don't see them on EF and I can't get them to come up on the AC website, it keeps showing me BFFE.
Yup seems to have expired in the last two days. Price went back up.
Old Nov 1, 2020, 7:38 am

Programs: AC 75K
Interesting, I’ve been following an itinerary and prices had been tracking ~3800/person prior to the promo. While the promo was running, prices went up to ~6500/person, and now they’re back to where they were.
Old Nov 1, 2020, 10:20 am

Programs: IHG RA; Avis First
Seems that lately the 20% is the "normal" discount instead of the 15%, plus no blackout dates! Doubt it would do much though especially with the uncertainty. Maybe 25% off soon
Old Nov 1, 2020, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by mileageking
Those familiar with MHD , available for around 1050-1150 return after 20 with lie flats. One can get creative and also route through both YYZ & YUL with overnights. Also possible from YYC/YEG (little more).
For future reference, how does one use an AC promo code with a multi-city itinerary or stopovers? It seems to be impossible.

While YVR-YYZ in J is great at CAD$550 (earning >800PQP and >8000RDM) - it would be nice to have a stopover
Old Nov 1, 2020, 12:06 pm

The same way you'd book the ticket normally. I've booked EYW itineraries online with promo codes, and I've never had an issue.
Adam Smith and D582 like this.
Old Nov 2, 2020, 9:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rankourabu
For future reference, how does one use an AC promo code with a multi-city itinerary or stopovers? It seems to be impossible.
While YVR-YYZ in J is great at CAD$550 (earning >800PQP and >8000RDM) - it would be nice to have a stopover
Select multicity (you are allowed 6 selections) and enter promo code. You can also force connections (e.g. YUL-DXB would give you option to route through YYZ) If play around with dates to align your departure and arrival times. Need some creativity and patience
Old Nov 2, 2020, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by mileageking
Select multicity (you are allowed 6 selections) and enter promo code. You can also force connections (e.g. YUL-DXB would give you option to route through YYZ) If play around with dates to align your departure and arrival times. Need some creativity and patience
Thanks, it must be this specific fare that didnt want to cooperate with multicity. I've always just used ITA powertools for it (without promo code)
Old Nov 2, 2020, 9:37 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
It could be the fare. Or were you trying to go somewhere that AC doesn't codeshare to? Or trying to do something funky, like a double open jaw? Discount codes may not work for things like that.
Old Nov 2, 2020, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by rankourabu
Thanks, it must be this specific fare that didnt want to cooperate with multicity. I've always just used ITA powertools for it (without promo code)
You can also uses promo codes with powertools.
Adam Smith likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.