Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada Super Elite members will receive complimentary in-flight refreshments

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 11, 2021, 4:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: yyznomad
Dear Super Elites,

In typical Air Canada fashion, FAs still have ZERO idea about this perk. As such, you will need to be proactive about this perk if you want to benefit from it. There is a very high likelihood that you will not be offered anything if you do not inquire.

Be prepared to be met with a big fat Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż

yyzn.

Print Wikipost

Air Canada Super Elite members will receive complimentary in-flight refreshments

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2022, 2:00 pm

Programs: AC*SE 100K
UPDATE: The 3000 miles I was promised earlier have shown up in my account. They are not SQM.
kenlor likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 2:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
If you have trouble, tell them to check the in-flight service guide on page 43. Page number subject to change as the guide is updated though.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 2:43 pm

Programs: Back of the bus
Pretty sure at this point with the cluster that is YYZ and any major airport, the last thing FA's care about is getting you your perks and really just want to get you off the plane.

Doesn't make it right but if I have to choose between getting home 6 hours earlier with my baggage, or getting a free kit kat, I'm getting home.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 3:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jazzsax
Pretty sure at this point with the cluster that is YYZ and any major airport, the last thing FA's care about is getting you your perks and really just want to get you off the plane.

Doesn't make it right but if I have to choose between getting home 6 hours earlier with my baggage, or getting a free kit kat, I'm getting home.
What does one have to do with the other
Old Jun 30, 2022, 3:19 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by streetcircusdan
UPDATE: The 3000 miles I was promised earlier have shown up in my account. They are not SQM.
Goodwill compensation like that has always been Aeroplan points, not xQM.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 3:51 pm

Programs: AC*SE100K
Data point. Just flew a leg in Y from YYC to YYZ and, without asking, they brought me and my no status travel companion a three course boxed meal with a crab salad sandwich. Was impressed. On the drink front, ordered and was asked for cc. Politely advised I was a SE and the back of the plane SD was in vicinity and just confirmed no charge to the green FA. So, worked out very well.
YYC3722 likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 6:36 am
formerly known as DeltaNYC

Programs: AC SE100K / BA Bronze / Marriott Ambassador (LT Plat) / Hilton Diamond / IHG Plat
Originally Posted by kenlor
I keep a screenshot of it on my phone from the Select Benefits webpage . That’s always been enough for the FAs.
Same here, which came in handy on a recent Rouge flight. The FA and the SD claimed as an SE I was entitled to one alcoholic beverage only, no snack. They changed their tune after I saw them the screenshot from the SE benefits page.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 1:59 pm

Programs: Ice Cream Club, AC SE MM, Bonvoy Life Plat
Originally Posted by Far Siren
Same here, which came in handy on a recent Rouge flight. The FA and the SD claimed as an SE I was entitled to one alcoholic beverage only, no snack. They changed their tune after I saw them the screenshot from the SE benefits page.
I am curious how I was given so many options then... I mean, one difference is I didn't assert what I thought the benefit should be... I enquired about it. Suffice it to say I'm still not maximizing how often I sit in Y for data points.
YYC3722 likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 2:19 pm

Programs: AC*SE 100K
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Goodwill compensation like that has always been Aeroplan points, not xQM.
Thanks- I had someone ask above what it would be. I've never gotten goodwill points before so I wasn't sure.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 3:13 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Upgrades didn't clear, so was in the back on AC304.

I mentioned I was an SE to the FA when the cart came around and she Okay and didn't charge me. She didn't ask to see my BP nor did she appear to refer to any list.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 5:04 am
formerly known as DeltaNYC

Programs: AC SE100K / BA Bronze / Marriott Ambassador (LT Plat) / Hilton Diamond / IHG Plat
Originally Posted by DrunkCargo
I am curious how I was given so many options then... I mean, one difference is I didn't assert what I thought the benefit should be... I enquired about it. Suffice it to say I'm still not maximizing how often I sit in Y for data points.
Were you on a latitude ticket?
Old Jul 9, 2022, 1:42 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Accor Diamond, National Emerald Club Exec Elite
Upgrade didn’t clear yesterday and I was in the back YYZ-YVR for the first time since this benefit was introduced. Told the flight attendant that I was SE and she said, “I think you get a free drink. Hard to keep up, they are always changing the rules”. I told her that I was pretty sure that I get a snack as well, but that I have a screenshot of the benefit on my phone and I can find it if she could give me a second. She told me not to bother and that I could have whatever I wanted from the menu. She also didn’t ask me for any proof that I actually am SE.
YYC3722 likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2022, 8:41 am

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum, Hilton Diamond
So a quick update.

I've never asked for this benefit or reminded crew. Sometimes I remember but just leave it because, well -- its kind of confrontational to me so I don't.

On my recent flight from YYC to YYZ, the SD came up to me shortly after business class was served their lunch meal to welcome me, and offered me a drink from anything in business class along with something from the snack basket (chips, kitkat, etc.). I was very surprised but it was a very nice surprise so I was happily munching away on chips and drinking my wine (which he did return to refill!) thereafter.
Bohemian1 likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2022, 9:23 am

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
Had a few great interactions in regards to this

Rouge en route to LAS. Mr. lcohen999 welcome, what would you like, etc. etc.
return home, I had to show my BP as it wasn't on her manifest

Just flew back from YFC, I asked for a snack, got what I asked, no request for payment, just a silent...yup I know you get one, so here you go...plus she gave me whole can...sir.
AC7E7 likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2022, 11:58 am

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
Originally Posted by canadiancow
If you have trouble, tell them to check the in-flight service guide on page 43. Page number subject to change as the guide is updated though.
Is this the same for Jazz? Or do they have a different manual?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.