Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada Super Elite members will receive complimentary in-flight refreshments

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 11, 2021, 4:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: yyznomad
Dear Super Elites,

In typical Air Canada fashion, FAs still have ZERO idea about this perk. As such, you will need to be proactive about this perk if you want to benefit from it. There is a very high likelihood that you will not be offered anything if you do not inquire.

Be prepared to be met with a big fat ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

yyzn.

Print Wikipost

Air Canada Super Elite members will receive complimentary in-flight refreshments

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2022, 1:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by sskl1998
Been flying almost every week since February. I have yet to be offered this benefit.
I'm (essentially) never offered an upgrade unless I go on the website and click the button. You need to be willing to take some basic level of responsibility, such as asking for it.

I have no real issue with it not being proactive. I take issue with them not knowing about the benefit.
yyznomad likes this.
Old May 31, 2022, 5:04 pm

Programs: AC*SE 100K
YYC-YWG last night, AC Express, I asked for a drink. The FA brought the payment machine out and as she leaned in I said: "Oh, I'm SE- I think that should cover it!" and I apologized for not mentioning before she got the machine out. So- the FA said that's not correct, and when I insisted it was, she called the SD over from J who then pored over the service manual in front of me- then said it was for mainline only, then said it must be for just mainline and Rouge- and then after I said it included Express, she replied (with a TON of attitude):

"I've been here 21 years and never heard of that. I'm fine to give it to you just this once, though." in that I WORK HERE SO I KNOW EVERYTHING tone. Just made me feel like a grade-a shite-head, like I was begging for something. It all ended up feeling pretty embarrassing. Then they said "Write in to customer service about it, then.", served me the drink and then they both disappeared.

I was so taken aback by this that I actually got onto the WiFi and showed them on aircanada.com exactly where it listed the benefit, and they both took pictures of it with their phones and re-iterated that it "was new to them". No apology or anything.

Super bummed out after a really really great crew on SFO-YVR who went above and beyond.
Old May 31, 2022, 5:51 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE 100K, NEXUS, IHG Rewards
Originally Posted by streetcircusdan
Then they said "Write in to customer service about it, then."
IMO, you should do just that. Write it exactly as you've written it here. I have written in about a similar experience twice regarding this benefit, and both times I've received a dollar-value coupon with an apology. We need to keep telling AC about this, 'cause It's the only way the training will get pushed through to ALL the FAs & SDs.
YYC3722 and streetcircusdan like this.
Old May 31, 2022, 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by Ratsy
IMO, you should do just that. Write it exactly as you've written it here. I have written in about a similar experience twice regarding this benefit, and both times I've received a dollar-value coupon with an apology. We need to keep telling AC about this, 'cause It's the only way the training will get pushed through to ALL the FAs & SDs.
Literally just did. We'll see what they say.
Old May 31, 2022, 9:00 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium Elite, Accor Platinum, National Executive Elite
I kind of want to start handing out little printed cards that have an image of the Super Elite benefit page on it and just give it to all the FAs on my future flights that I encounter in Y so I can slowly educate the whole workforce.
streetcircusdan and kenlor like this.
Old May 31, 2022, 10:29 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
I already have a little printed card that says I'm a Super Elite. Really, the should be the most that is required, and only in exceptional circumstances.

Okay, delusional of me, I know.
YYC3722 and streetcircusdan like this.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 9:55 am

Got a pretty standard apology and assurance that it would be reviewed with the flight crew.

... And 3000 miles.
bubbelbine likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 11:25 am

Programs: AC SE100K/*G, Nexus
Originally Posted by streetcircusdan
Got a pretty standard apology and assurance that it would be reviewed with the flight crew.

... And 3000 miles.
Miles (like SQM’s), or AE points?

I’d give up a Kit Kat for 3000 SQM 😀
Wings100 likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 11:39 am

Originally Posted by kenlor
Miles (like SQM’s), or AE points?

I’d give up a Kit Kat for 3000 SQM 😀
Not sure yet- it wasn't specified. I'll let everyone know when the miles are credited.
kalderlake likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 3:41 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, BW Diamond Select
What's awkward is that when I do MRs and the same crew works both flights, I have to do the "I'm S100K"/"I'm SE!" twice.

Makes me look like a DYKWIA in the eyes of my row mates.

What's funny is that they even recognize me when I board the return flight - "Hey! Weren't you just on our flight?".
Old Jun 1, 2022, 4:35 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
Clearly AC needs to solve this once and for all by just writing that SE100k in Y get a snack and drink on the AC buy onboard menu. They already have a note that comfort fares get a snack and drink.

//But, seeing how the flights I was on this week advertised enjoy a captain morgan rum on the IFE, which they don't offer in J (maybe even not Y), I am not holding my breath...
Old Jun 1, 2022, 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by expert7700
Clearly AC needs to solve this once and for all by just writing that SE100k in Y get a snack and drink on the AC buy onboard menu. They already have a note that comfort fares get a snack and drink.
Exactly. This would be a very solid step towards solving this problem. It would just require whomever owns that 'menu' to update it and distribute it.

Okay, maybe that's not entirely simple or without cost, but it's a heck of lot more deterministic than training every FA properly.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 5:58 pm

I should go into business making big name tags for everyone.

Good thing I quit drinking 6 years ago. I can avoid all this stress.

Old Jun 1, 2022, 11:03 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
Originally Posted by InTheAirGuy
I should go into business making big name tags for everyone.
T-shirts would work well too!
yyznomad and Wings100 like this.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by Nitehawk
T-shirts would work well too!
I think that has already been done, albeit in a more summarized form.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.