Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC Jetz all-business class aircraft appearing on popular Sunspot routes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC Jetz all-business class aircraft appearing on popular Sunspot routes

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2020, 9:51 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Yeah and post them here.
Ill start a wiki.
Just be mindful that my camera sucks, so they may not be very high quality. The PoT thing may have better pics.
Old Dec 18, 2020, 9:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Just be mindful that my camera sucks, so they may not be very high quality. The PoT thing may have better pics.
better tha nothing
IMO, FT sourced experiences are better even if lesser photo quality
will use PoT as additional reference material
Adam Smith likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2020, 10:02 pm

They're the same as that. Hadn't read that when he posted it. I recall going to it and seeing that it was a ridiculously lengthy trip report full of irrelevant, generic junk and not bothering to read it. But I'm talking about pics from years ago. These seats look quite new and very little worn (even considering the lighter usage of Jetz aircraft), so at minimum I'd guess they've been reupholstered fairly recently.
I didn't read the full TR either but scanned through enough to have few things stick in my head. I also find it useful to refer back to it if needed such as this time.

Youtube has several videos. Found couple from 4 years ago (flames rookies and cunucks) and seats appear to be leather as well.

Old Dec 18, 2020, 10:06 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
It feels weird to be sitting in a J seat in the middle of the wing.

Quick takeoff with such a light load.
mileageking likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2020, 10:08 pm

How many FAs are there serving?
Old Dec 18, 2020, 10:48 pm

Originally Posted by hoipolloi
Family gatherings away from home since the gatherings are banned during Xmas at home
Confirmed by media reports

https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/busy-air...ases-1.5237807
Old Dec 18, 2020, 11:19 pm

Originally Posted by mileageking
How many FAs are there serving?
Three. I believe it's discussed upthread that because the aircraft is still certified to more than 100 seats, they still have to have three FAs, even though there are only 58 seats installed.

Something like that, anyway.
mileageking likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2020, 11:34 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Mileage Plus, WestJet Gold, AMEX Plat
When I saw pictures of the Jetz aircraft interiors before, I could have sworn they were just the standard narrowbody J seats, but these are much nicer. All leather seats, electric controls for recline etc. Have they always been like this, or is it new?
Looks to be like that going back to the early day. They also apear to not have any seat back entertainment. Sufficiently comfy for hockey plays to sleep. Reports are when a hockey team is onboard the noisy kids are second to last in the bus followed by the old kids at the back.

In flight service can be somewhat compromised at times

mileageking likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2020, 12:01 am

But this is not.
They would be bragging about a larger seat that happens to be a J seat. Still get Y service.

I'd brag if I got real J with J service.
They're selling the Jetz flights as J. So you get what passes for J service at the moment - on-board food is the same as mainline J, MLL access, AQM, etc.

Originally Posted by Bohemian1
Fingers crossed they don't downguage you to a Q400.
Hah, that would have been miserable!

I was slightly worried about a downgauge to mainline, but figured that since they had advertised it explicitly, and the aircraft was coming to YYC to to a PHX turn tomorrow, the risk was pretty low. But I did wait until this afternoon to book, just to be safe

Originally Posted by mileageking
I believe rows 11 & 12 face each other with a table in between. Row 11 seems to be backward facing and AC may have blocked off that row.
Confirmed that the table is between 11 and 12, with 11 facing backwards. No one was seated in any of those seats, so it appears that AC was blocking off both 11 and 12.

Originally Posted by Fiordland
Looks to be like that going back to the early day.
I think I was thinking of this image:

(Original from airliners.net)

Those seats are definitely not leather; they look a bit more blue than the XM cabins, but they look pretty similar. If you look closely, you can actually see the controls for the electric recline and so on, but they certainly don't jump out if you're not looking closely.

They also apear to not have any seat back entertainment.
Correct. No IFE.
mileageking likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2020, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
They're selling the Jetz flights as J. So you get what passes for J service at the moment - on-board food is the same as mainline J, MLL access, AQM, etc.
I'm so FOTSG I didn't know that it was all service J and was sold as all J.
I assumed it was all Y service given that's what I always got but mine was never sold as all J since they were all aircraft swaps.
Old Dec 19, 2020, 11:21 am

I'm so FOTSG I didn't know that it was all service J and was sold as all J.
I assumed it was all Y service given that's what I always got but mine was never sold as all J since they were all aircraft swaps.
Yup, sold as J. But at Y prices, at least for last-minute bookings! The 14.7K points I spent for the return was actually less than it cost under the old system.

Here are your pictures, by the way. Cabin was dimmed the entire flight, so I snagged a few quickly during deplaning.

Here are the seats.

Nice wooden console between the seats, like you're in a fancy car.

Here are the table and rear-facing seats (row 11).

Detail of the console. I shouldn't have said no IFE earlier; I should have said no AVOD, because there does seem to be the option for old-style music/radio. I didn't try it out though.

Controls for the fancy electric recline feature.

Leg room can be a bit limited by these boxes, which I presume relate to the recline features.

Overall, it was a neat experience, glad I did it.
Bohemian1 likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2020, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yup, sold as J. But at Y prices, at least for last-minute bookings! The 14.7K points I spent for the return was actually less than it cost under the old system.

Here are your pictures, by the way. Cabin was dimmed the entire flight, so I snagged a few quickly during deplaning.

Here are the seats.

Nice wooden console between the seats, like you're in a fancy car.

Here are the table and rear-facing seats (row 11).

Detail of the console. I shouldn't have said no IFE earlier; I should have said no AVOD, because there does seem to be the option for old-style music/radio. I didn't try it out though.

Controls for the fancy electric recline feature.

Leg room can be a bit limited by these boxes, which I presume relate to the recline features.

Overall, it was a neat experience, glad I did it.
Cool, thanks. Will do an update later today or tomorrow.

Those middle old-style-channel controls look 1980s despite the rest of the seat looking 2000s.
Old Dec 19, 2020, 11:43 am

Cool, thanks. Will do an update later today or tomorrow.

Those middle old-style-channel controls look 1980s despite the rest of the seat looking 2000s.
Maybe this is one of those things where rich people prefer crappier things than what lesser mortals like? As a kind of reverse status symbol? Like how some super rich people wear crappy watches to show that they don't need to impress anyone with a fancy watch. Or no watch at all, since everyone else runs on your schedule.
Old Dec 19, 2020, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Maybe this is one of those things where rich people prefer crappier things than what lesser mortals like? As a kind of reverse status symbol? Like how some super rich people wear crappy watches to show that they don't need to impress anyone with a fancy watch. Or no watch at all, since everyone else runs on your schedule.
Yeah who knows.
The seats remind me a little of VA C (or D or whatever their "J" code for cabin is now) with that luxury car look/feel.
I guess I'll search for a short Jetz run now...
Old Dec 19, 2020, 12:22 pm

I guess I'll search for a short Jetz run now...
Scroll back to the first post of this thread

If you want to avoid a 14-day quarantine, looks like YYZ-YVR on the 22nd is your shot.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.