Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC Jetz all-business class aircraft appearing on popular Sunspot routes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC Jetz all-business class aircraft appearing on popular Sunspot routes

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2020, 7:19 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Bonvoy, Alaska, Avios
My return Dec31 CUN-YYZ got cancelled Wednesday afternoon. Now coming back through IAD
I did go for the overnight layover in YUL initially but the 5:45am flight to YYZ wasn't appealing. There is a 5:45am flight to YYZ from YUL but nothing after 6pm!???

This Sunday's Jetz flight to CUN went from 50% to 90% in 3 days???? Only 4 seats left.
Old Dec 18, 2020, 7:58 am

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
I don't dispute that. There's a big difference between 2 weeks and 4 days though. Especially when AC has no alternate route to get you there.
I was offered PVR-YYZ-XXX as an alternative, which I declined.
Old Dec 18, 2020, 1:27 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
So, where should I sit? I'm thinking somewhere towards the middle of back of the plane to enjoy a true Jetz experience - 3A is always J on a 319, but 8A or 14F, that's a novelty!
Old Dec 18, 2020, 1:56 pm

Programs: AC*S100K 1MM, LH FTL, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat
So, where should I sit? I'm thinking somewhere towards the middle of back of the plane to enjoy a true Jetz experience - 3A is always J on a 319, but 8A or 14F, that's a novelty!
Club seats, for sure...
Old Dec 18, 2020, 4:02 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Bonvoy, Alaska, Avios
Are those the ones with the table? Could be awkward staring at strangers for a few hours. Lol
Old Dec 18, 2020, 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by mikeycanuk
Are those the ones with the table? Could be awkward staring at strangers for a few hours. Lol
I believe rows 11 & 12 face each other with a table in between. Row 11 seems to be backward facing and AC may have blocked off that row.
Old Dec 18, 2020, 6:17 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
YYC Concierge tells me that many SEs have been excited about the Jetz flights and have been going out of their way to book them.

Interesting pricing on today's and tomorrow's YVR<>YYC Jetz flights. They were selling for less than Standard on the other flights of the day, both in points and in cash. Not necessarily cheap for this route compared to normal times, but $416 for J vs $496 for Standard Y seems like a no-brainer.

On points, it was 14,700 for tonight's YVR-YYC, which I was pretty happy with.

Originally Posted by mileageking
I believe rows 11 & 12 face each other with a table in between. Row 11 seems to be backward facing and AC may have blocked off that row.
All of row 11 and 12 were unavailable for seat selection when I checked. Will see what it's like once I get on the plane.
mileageking and Aselwyn like this.
Old Dec 18, 2020, 6:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC

On points, it was 14,700 for tonight's YVR-YYC, which I was pretty happy with.
Nice.
So how is J and Y physically split? no bulkhead, right? or like an Euro-style roving/sliding curtain?
Old Dec 18, 2020, 6:38 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad
Nice.
So how is J and Y physically split? no bulkhead, right?
What? There is no Y on Jetz, you FOTSG!
painintheuk and Bohemian1 like this.
Old Dec 18, 2020, 6:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
What? There is no Y on Jetz, you FOTSG!
Ok, so it's the same as a long time ago.

I was confused with your "J" pricing above, but I guess it was the total for the ticket that included one direction as J.
Old Dec 18, 2020, 6:47 pm

Ok, so it's the same as a long time ago.

I was confused with your "J" pricing above, but I guess it was the total for the ticket that included one direction as J.
No. If you flew one of the other YVR-YYCs today, it was $496 in Standard. The Jetz flight was $416, or 14.7K Aeroplan. All one-way.
Old Dec 18, 2020, 6:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No. If you flew one of the other YVR-YYCs today, it was $496 in Standard. The Jetz flight was $416, or 14.7K Aeroplan. All one-way.
Ah gotcha.
I can imagine people being shocked not knowing they had booked a Jetz flight and thinking they scored J service in some wayback row.
Old Dec 18, 2020, 7:00 pm

Ah gotcha.
I can imagine people being shocked not knowing they had booked a Jetz flight and thinking they scored J service in some wayback row.
​​​​​I wonder how many people are actually in that situation. I imagine that earlier on, they were selling it for more like usual J pricing, and comparable to what they were charging for other flights in J that day. I'm guessing that the low load may have led RM to keep the price pretty low.

But who knows. I haven't been watching it until the last couple of days.
Old Dec 18, 2020, 7:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

​​​​​I wonder how many people are actually in that situation. I imagine that earlier on, they were selling it for more like usual J pricing, and comparable to what they were charging for other flights in J that day. I'm guessing that the low load may have led RM to keep the price pretty low.

But who knows. I haven't been watching it until the last couple of days.
I can totally see my non-flying friends reacting in such a way and then bragging about it to everyone. lololollllzzzzz
Old Dec 18, 2020, 7:11 pm

I can totally see my non-flying friends reacting in such a way and then bragging about it to everyone. lololollllzzzzz
Bragging about scoring J for less than the price of Y? I would brag about that, and I'm not a non-flying person (bottom-feeder SE though I might be).
painintheuk likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.