Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC Jetz all-business class aircraft appearing on popular Sunspot routes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC Jetz all-business class aircraft appearing on popular Sunspot routes

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2020, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Scroll back to the first post of this thread

If you want to avoid a 14-day quarantine, looks like YYZ-YVR on the 22nd is your shot.
Crud. Can't do the 22nd. I'm in no rush... maybe in the new year.
Old Dec 19, 2020, 12:27 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Crud. Can't do the 22nd. I'm in no rush... maybe in the new year.
I wonder whether they'll keep them in service for the general public. With the Raptors being based in TPA, not sure whether AC will continue to do their air transport or whether they'll use a US carrier this year. If the NHL start does go ahead in mid-January, that will likely put an aircraft or two back to their traditional role.
Old Dec 19, 2020, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
I wonder whether they'll keep them in service for the general public. With the Raptors being based in TPA, not sure whether AC will continue to do their air transport or whether they'll use a US carrier this year. If the NHL start does go ahead in mid-January, that will likely put an aircraft or two back to their traditional role.
True. Oh well... I guess I'll just wait and see what pops up after the 22nd.
Old Dec 19, 2020, 1:30 pm

Programs: CX GO, AC Aeroplan 25K, AMEX PLAT, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire Amb
Raptors haven't been using Jetz for years. They use Delta.

Jetz does a few of the Canadian&US NHL Teams, occasionally some Canadian MLS teams, and the Jays.
Adam Smith likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2020, 2:18 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by etkuo

Jetz does a few of the Canadian&US NHL Teams, occasionally some Canadian MLS teams, and the Jays.
I didn't know about the Raptors. I thought AC had all of the Canadian NHL teams though?
Old Dec 19, 2020, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by etkuo
Oh right. I think I read that here somewhere on FT not too long ago.
Old Dec 19, 2020, 2:45 pm

Scroll back to the first post of this thread

If you want to avoid a 14-day quarantine, looks like YYZ-YVR on the 22nd is your shot.
Drat. I booked to go direct to YYJ on the 21st. I wish I'd known this a day ago!

Dr. PITUK
Old Dec 19, 2020, 2:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Are these Jetz flights staffed by Jetz-service-trained/designated FAs? (forgive me for not using the exact technical lingo, but I think you get the gist)
Old Dec 19, 2020, 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by painintheuk
Drat. I booked to go direct to YYJ on the 21st. I wish I'd known this a day ago!
Stay another day and check it out! On a 4.5 hour flight, you'd definitely get more value out of it than I did on the short YVR-YYC hop that I did.
Old Dec 19, 2020, 9:35 pm

Programs: AC*S100K 1MM, LH FTL, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat
Are these Jetz flights staffed by Jetz-service-trained/designated FAs? (forgive me for not using the exact technical lingo, but I think you get the gist)
I asked today, and my YYC-based crew said “yes”
canadiancow likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2020, 10:06 pm

What kind of extra service-training would Jetz service-trained FAs need ? How to deal with famous people and hockey players ?
Old Dec 19, 2020, 10:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jlisi984
I asked today, and my YYC-based crew said “yes”
Cool, thanks!

Originally Posted by hoipolloi
What kind of extra service-training would Jetz service-trained FAs need ? How to deal with famous people and hockey players ?
My understanding is that they are specially "handpicked"* and trained for servicing hoity toity clientele. So, yeah.

* You get the gist - I may be using incorrect/improper wording/terminology
ABG, D582, canadiancow and 1 others like this.
Old Dec 20, 2020, 9:58 am

Just to clarify something that came up on the virtual Do last night - although the radio thing makes the consoles look quite retro, they appeared to be either pretty new or just in very good shape. They did not appear to be old or beaten up at all.

My understanding is that they are specially "handpicked"* and trained for servicing hoity toity clientele. So, yeah.

* You get the gist - I may be using incorrect/improper wording/terminology
Indeed. And normally the catering is different. There must be some union rule about who gets to operate Jetz flights though, because right now it's just standard narrowbody J service and there's really no need for special training.
Old Dec 20, 2020, 10:13 am

Programs: Air Canada 50K - Hilton Diamond - Marriott Platinum
i flew on JETZ back in June and the FA's had never been onboard the JETZ aircraft before and were amazed and looking around playing with the tables etc
Old Dec 21, 2020, 6:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just to clarify something that came up on the virtual Do last night - although the radio thing makes the consoles look quite retro, they appeared to be either pretty new or just in very good shape. They did not appear to be old or beaten up at all.
Right... yeah that was my take when I mentioned "1980s".

Indeed. And normally the catering is different. There must be some union rule about who gets to operate Jetz flights though, because right now it's just standard narrowbody J service and there's really no need for special training.
Maybe something different like training on seat operation or other (obvious and not obvious) differences to regular XM cabins would provide enough rationale for this?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.