Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC Jetz all-business class aircraft appearing on popular Sunspot routes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC Jetz all-business class aircraft appearing on popular Sunspot routes

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2020, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by jlisi984
Just a quick update on tomorrow's flights.
YUL FLL now shows only J7... I still cannot believe there is so much demand from Montreal to FLL!
YYZ PBI is 36 booked
YVR PVR, YVR YYC, YYC PHX have remained unchanged.
Family gatherings away from home since the gatherings are banned during Xmas at home
Old Dec 17, 2020, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Aselwyn
snowbirds flying down i guess
yep. Many news pieces on snowbirds "risking it" and heading down anyway
jlisi984 likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2020, 12:10 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by yyznomad
yep. Many news pieces on snowbirds "risking it" and heading down anyway
Hmmm... My mother has been complaining about not being able to get together for Christmas. Maybe I can score a free trip out of this. But sadly the Jetz service to YYC is very limited, and I don't think I could do that in time for this weekend, so that would have to be a subject for another thread.
Old Dec 17, 2020, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Hmmm... My mother has been complaining about not being able to get together for Christmas. Maybe I can score a free trip out of this. But sadly the Jetz service to YYC is very limited, and I don't think I could do that in time for this weekend, so that would have to be a subject for another thread.
Go via the other Jetz outbound cities?
Old Dec 17, 2020, 12:30 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Go via the other Jetz outbound cities?
Difficult to do since you need to come back directly to AB to avoid the 14-day quarantine, but I suppose I could do YYC-YVR-PHX on AC so that I can get Jetz on YVR-PHX, and fly home direct on WS.
Old Dec 17, 2020, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Difficult to do since you need to come back directly to AB to avoid the 14-day quarantine, but I suppose I could do YYC-YVR-PHX on AC so that I can get Jetz on YVR-PHX, and fly home direct on WS.
that would be a nice treat. make sure she knows not to ask for the Grey Poupon despite the J seat
Old Dec 17, 2020, 12:40 pm

that would be a nice treat. make sure she knows not to ask for the Grey Poupon despite the J seat
I'm quite certain my parents would not add a stop in YVR just to fly a Jetz plane. After all, it's just AC J with more rows. Heck, I don't even know if I would add a stop in YVR on my way to PHX just to fly Jetz.
Old Dec 17, 2020, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm quite certain my parents would not add a stop in YVR just to fly a Jetz plane. After all, it's just AC J with more rows. Heck, I don't even know if I would add a stop in YVR on my way to PHX just to fly Jetz.
More AQM towards 3MM!
id do it for Jetz
jlisi984 likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2020, 6:11 pm

More AQM towards 3MM!
id do it for Jetz
If I'm going to do something to try the Jetz flight, I'd rather just do a quick YVR turn. Less hassle.
Old Dec 17, 2020, 6:25 pm

Programs: AC 100K SE (*G), Marriott P, SPG G, Hilton D
Anyone know if they are canceling any of these due to low loads?
I'm flying YVR-PVR Jetz on Mon Dec 21 and there are 8 seats reserved on outbound and 0 seats reserved on the PVR-YVR same day turn.
There are so few flights available, the only good option is a flight the day before (but we are getting down to 4 days before departure)
Anyone seen these flights with low loads get canceled and how close in?
canadiancow likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2020, 9:05 pm

Four days out I think you're safe.
AC has run flights with less people than that.
Old Dec 17, 2020, 9:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by philelite
I'm flying YVR-PVR Jetz on Mon Dec 21 and there are 8 seats reserved on outbound and 0 seats reserved on the PVR-YVR same day turn.
There are so few flights available, the only good option is a flight the day before (but we are getting down to 4 days before departure)
I've also been on flights where at the time of selecting my J seat, I'm the only one who has selected something.
Then upon boarding, J is full. (this is in general, and not specific to the route or aircraft in question)
Old Dec 17, 2020, 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by philelite
There are 9 booked on the outbound and 0 on the return, at the moment, but it does seem rather close in to cancel it, especially given the paucity of available alternatives at the moment.
jlisi984 likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2020, 9:43 pm

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
My original AC PVR-YYC flight tomorrow was cancelled with just two weeks notice, so short notice cancellations are happening due to low pax loads.
supervillian likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2020, 9:44 pm

Originally Posted by PointWeasel
My original AC PVR-YYC flight tomorrow was cancelled with just two weeks notice, so short notice cancellations are happening due to low pax loads.
I don't dispute that. There's a big difference between 2 weeks and 4 days though. Especially when AC has no alternate route to get you there.
canadiancow likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.