Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Take off for Canada 20% fares, etc.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Take off for Canada 20% fares, etc.

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2020, 8:34 am

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by tracon
I made a couple edits shortly after posting.

YVR-YYG, normally I can get a comfort fare for under $800 return with a 15% off code.
The dates I'm looking at, May, the fare is over $900 with the 20% off code.

In all fairness, normally I apply a code during seat sales.
As J sales are few and far between, this code is helpful for that.
Pricing on comfort fares went up across the board recently when they were made fully refundable.
Old Jun 6, 2020, 9:07 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
Explore Canada Promotion - AC "booking with flexibility" lets you cancel -no penalty

See this promo:

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...ada-offer.html

Here is the promotion

Save 20% on all Air Canada Economy, Premium Economy and Business Class base fares for flights within Canada. Book by June 16, 2020 for travel between June 15, 2020 and May 15, 2021.

Use code: HX66NYU1

This is part of the new Explore Canada promotion - Fairmont has a 2 for 1 booking rate and Avis (in Canada) has 20% rates off. One can book any one of the 3 components of the promotion - one need not book all three or even two of three.

And separately - AC has a new booking condition - one can cancel and get refund in form of travel voucher. This is relevant as how do one ever know what one will do from a year from now? But one wants to take advantage of the above promotion.

Book with flexibility

We have implemented highly flexible and expanded booking options. You can make a one-time change without a fee for all new or existing bookings made through June 30, 2020 for original travel between March 1, 2020 and June 30, 2021. If you booked directly with Air Canada and you need to cancel for any reason, you can convert your ticket to an Air Canada Travel Voucher that has no expiry date or to Aeroplan Miles with an additional 65% bonus miles.

For customers who booked through a travel agency, Air Canada is working to make these options available. Please contact your travel agent for more information.

Old Jun 6, 2020, 10:07 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
Fairmont part of the promotion

See this thread in L'Accor forum

Explore Canada promo - 50% deal until June 2021
Old Jun 6, 2020, 10:22 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII
See this thread in L'Accor forum

Explore Canada promo - 50% deal until June 2021

Yes, thanks.

In the OP of this thread there is the link to the AC promo:

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...ada-offer.html

On the AC promo page is a link to the Fairmont promo:

Air Canada/Avis Partner - Promotions - Fairmont

FAIRMONT

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.