Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Explore Canada promo - 50% deal until June 2021

Explore Canada promo - 50% deal until June 2021

Old Jun 3, 20, 3:43 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: YYZ
Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan Diamond, AC Altitude E35K, Marriott Gold, Enterprise Gold, Nexus/GE
Posts: 1,941
Explore Canada promo - 50% deal until June 2021

Similar to the BOGO promo that started at some Western Canada properties, it would appear the 50% off deal is now extended to all Canadian Fairmonts (and the one Sofitel in Canada). It is also now available out to June 2021. (Or, at least it says until June 2021, but so far, I'm not getting any results under that promo code for 2021 yet, so maybe the e-mail went out before they activated the code).

http://www.fairmont.com/promo/explorecanada/

Note the terms and conditions. I'm not used to seeing a rate where you can't redeem points, considering there is only 1 night deposit required. I always thought that you could always use points to settle any non-prepaid balance at check-out. But, there's no restriction on earning points or receiving benefits.

Accor Terms and Conditions:

Buy one night and receive a complimentary second night during the same stay. A 1 night prepaid fully-refundable deposit is required. This promotion is subject to availability and may not be combined with any other offers, promotions or packages. For stays through June 30, 2021. Blackout dates may apply.

You may also use your complimentary night as a second room on the same night. Should you wish to do so, please book a two night stay and then you must call the hotel directly to amend the reservation. The reservation will be amended to have two rooms in the same room category for the price of one for one night.

ALL Rewards points may not be redeemed to cover the cost of any charges associated with stays booked on this offer either at time of booking or during the stay. This includes, but is not limited to charges for room rate/restaurant/in-room dining/spa/golf.

Members who book through this offer will receive the on-property benefits associated with their tier level at time of stay.

Members will earn points at standard earn rates for room charges and all eligible spend that is charged to their room during the stay.
Brendan and Jasper2009 like this.

Last edited by CanadaDH; Jun 3, 20 at 3:51 pm
CanadaDH is online now  
Old Jun 3, 20, 6:22 pm
  #2  
Moderator: Le Club Accorhotels, FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: FRA / YEG
Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Posts: 11,548
Originally Posted by CanadaDH View Post

Note the terms and conditions. I'm not used to seeing a rate where you can't redeem points, considering there is only 1 night deposit required. I always thought that you could always use points to settle any non-prepaid balance at check-out. But, there's no restriction on earning points or receiving benefits.

Unfortunately Accor often adds that restriction to promotional rates, though most commonly to Accor-wide promotions such as the "private sales" or "continent X sale" etc. Another "delightful" feature of the ALL program.

However, not all properties always enforce that restriction.
Brendan likes this.
Jasper2009 is offline  
Old Jun 3, 20, 6:56 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: CBR
Programs: LeClub AccorHotels / Accor Plus (Platinum), Qantas Frequent Flyer, Virgin Velocity
Posts: 497
Originally Posted by Jasper2009 View Post
Unfortunately Accor often adds that restriction to promotional rates, though most commonly to Accor-wide promotions such as the "private sales" or "continent X sale" etc. Another "delightful" feature of the ALL program.

However, not all properties always enforce that restriction.
You are correct - in my experience, the promotional rates often cannot use points for prepayment. However, this is the first time I have seen a condition where points cannot be used for any extra incidentals. Hopefully it is not a sign of things to come across the company.
Brendan likes this.
Maelstrom is offline  
Old Jun 4, 20, 8:03 am
  #4  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: YYZ
Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan Diamond, AC Altitude E35K, Marriott Gold, Enterprise Gold, Nexus/GE
Posts: 1,941
Originally Posted by Maelstrom View Post
You are correct - in my experience, the promotional rates often cannot use points for prepayment. However, this is the first time I have seen a condition where points cannot be used for any extra incidentals. Hopefully it is not a sign of things to come across the company.
I totally understand not using points for pre-payment. But, this promotion doesn't require a full prepayment, only a 1 night deposit. If I'm booking an 8 or 10-night stay, a very sizeable portion of the room rate is only due on check-out. I'll just hope they don't enforce that. I like to redeem points as I go and not save them up.
CanadaDH is online now  
Old Jun 4, 20, 8:47 pm
  #5  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend and Moderator: Air Canada Aeroplan, Canada & Manufactured Spending
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: YEG
Posts: 50,379
This offer is only available for new bookings made by June 16, 2020.
Brendan likes this.
tcook052 is offline  
Old Jun 5, 20, 11:11 am
  #6  
sfo
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC
Programs: UA MM *Gold, Accor Gold
Posts: 1,671
Originally Posted by tcook052 View Post
This offer is only available for new bookings made by June 16, 2020.
Is there a promotion code. I have looked at hotels for Jan, Feb and Mar in Vancouver that are offerred and find nothing regarding the offer when I do a dummy booking?
sfo is offline  
Old Jun 5, 20, 1:13 pm
  #7  
Moderator: Le Club Accorhotels, FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: FRA / YEG
Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Posts: 11,548
Originally Posted by sfo View Post
Is there a promotion code. I have looked at hotels for Jan, Feb and Mar in Vancouver that are offerred and find nothing regarding the offer when I do a dummy booking?
The promotional code is "PLCL".
Jasper2009 is offline  
Old Jun 6, 20, 1:02 am
  #8  
Hyatt 25+ BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Homeless
Programs: M&M SEN; AC SE100k; Qatar Plat; HH Dia; SPG AMB100; Hyatt Globalist; Fairmont Plat
Posts: 2,906
Some hotels seem to have good rates indeed, but for some others the regular rates are boosted so much that even after 50% discount the rate is ok but nothing to write home about.
escape4 is offline  
Old Jun 6, 20, 8:46 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Rewards Gold, Fairmont President Club Platinum
Posts: 9,093
Originally Posted by sfo View Post
Is there a promotion code. I have looked at hotels for Jan, Feb and Mar in Vancouver that are offerred and find nothing regarding the offer when I do a dummy booking?
I actually in the actual promotion do not see this last date of booking for Fairmont hotels (under T and C). I do see this last date of booking for the AC promo or the Avis promo.
FlyerGoldII is offline  
Old Jun 6, 20, 9:42 am
  #10  
sfo
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC
Programs: UA MM *Gold, Accor Gold
Posts: 1,671
Originally Posted by Jasper2009 View Post
The promotional code is "PLCL".
The above code did not work for me. Maybe I am not putting it in the right place. I am logging in, click on special rates, it then shows me my loyalty number, and then there are three boxes to put information in. I selected the promo code box, and get an error responce
sfo is offline  
Old Jun 6, 20, 11:00 am
  #11  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: YYZ
Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan Diamond, AC Altitude E35K, Marriott Gold, Enterprise Gold, Nexus/GE
Posts: 1,941
Originally Posted by sfo View Post
The above code did not work for me. Maybe I am not putting it in the right place. I am logging in, click on special rates, it then shows me my loyalty number, and then there are three boxes to put information in. I selected the promo code box, and get an error responce
You might be getting both an error response, and getting results. You didn't specify exactly where and when you were searching, but mentioned Jan, Feb and Mar for Vancouver hotels. I did a search of the Pacific Rim for mid-March, get this result.


The first line says the rate type isn't found, but then the first list of rate options available, are the 50%-off rates. An IT glitch presumably. Or, maybe the promo code advertised is wrong, and so it finds nothing under the code, but pulls up the correct rates anyway. Many promo rates are displayed automatically even when not specifying a code.
CanadaDH is online now  
Old Jun 7, 20, 11:08 am
  #12  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend and Moderator: Air Canada Aeroplan, Canada & Manufactured Spending
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: YEG
Posts: 50,379
Originally Posted by Jasper2009 View Post
The promotional code is "PLCL".
Originally Posted by sfo View Post
The above code did not work for me. Maybe I am not putting it in the right place. I am logging in, click on special rates, it then shows me my loyalty number, and then there are three boxes to put information in. I selected the promo code box, and get an error responce
Promo code is PLCA.
tcook052 is offline  
Old Jun 7, 20, 12:52 pm
  #13  
sfo
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC
Programs: UA MM *Gold, Accor Gold
Posts: 1,671
Originally Posted by tcook052 View Post
Promo code is PLCA.
Well it still does not work for me.

When I check the Fairmont Pacific Rim for two nights March 9 March 11, I get the stay close to home rate of 50% off. The room rate is quoted at CAD $234.00 average night rate.
Then when I look at the total price for the two nights it is CAD $551.08 incl taxes. If I put in the PLCA code, I still get the error message code.

When I log out and book it with out signing in I get the exact same price.
sfo is offline  
Old Jun 7, 20, 1:13 pm
  #14  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: YYZ
Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan Diamond, AC Altitude E35K, Marriott Gold, Enterprise Gold, Nexus/GE
Posts: 1,941
Originally Posted by sfo View Post
Well it still does not work for me.

When I check the Fairmont Pacific Rim for two nights March 9 March 11, I get the stay close to home rate of 50% off. The room rate is quoted at CAD $234.00 average night rate.
Then when I look at the total price for the two nights it is CAD $551.08 incl taxes. If I put in the PLCA code, I still get the error message code.

When I log out and book it with out signing in I get the exact same price.
That's exactly the way it should be. The Daily Rate for those dates on a Fairmont Room is $469/night. The Stay Close rate is $469 for the first night, and $0 for the second, and in the search result, they display it as an average nightly rate of $234.50. If you were staying 2 nights without this promo, you'd pay $1,102.14 including taxes.

I'm not seeing the problem? Sure, it gives an error message saying it can't find the promo, but then proceeds to display the promo rates correctly. That might be the result of them adding this Explore Canada promo with the same terms as the earlier Stay Close promo, but with longer availability dates, but not changing the promo code. While the error message is confusing, it is correctly giving you the discount.
Brendan, mileageking and SkyteamEP like this.

Last edited by CanadaDH; Jun 7, 20 at 1:20 pm
CanadaDH is online now  
Old Jun 7, 20, 1:46 pm
  #15  
sfo
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC
Programs: UA MM *Gold, Accor Gold
Posts: 1,671
Ok CanadaDH got it. Thanks for your assistance on this. I guess at 80yrs old my brain has a reduced thought process.
sfo is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: