Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

MLLs in the time of COVID - re-openings, food, distancing, etc [READ WIKI FIRST]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 22, 2020, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: vancouver25k
As of July 2022, MLLs appear to be largely back to normal operations.

Ordering to the table has been shut down, with most MLLs offering self-serve buffets similar to what was available pre-COVID.

Note that the EWR MLL has been permanently shut down as a result of changes/construction at EWR.

Showers
YYZ​​​​​​ int - closed (Aug 12. They claimed all showers closed at YYZ but I was only at int.)
YVR tb - open
YVR int - open
YUL int - open

Print Wikipost

MLLs in the time of COVID - re-openings, food, distancing, etc [READ WIKI FIRST]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2020, 8:14 am

FOTSG? I can figure out the type of person based on context clues, but wondering about the actual acronym.
Old Jun 30, 2020, 10:59 am

Programs: AC SE100K MM
Originally Posted by vinnmann
FOTSG? I can figure out the type of person based on context clues, but wondering about the actual acronym.
Fly Once a year To See Grandma Ugghhh I might be a FOTSG this year at the rate I am going this year with my flying!
willflyforfood likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2020, 11:03 am

Programs: E50K, *Gold, WS Gold,VIA Premier, VIPorter
Apparently they will start to reopen end of July with YYZ domestic to be the first. Changes of course include pre packaged food and assisted bar service. From there theyll expand it to others...
Old Jun 30, 2020, 11:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by RangerNS
It'll be one dragon to handle the expected load, and a line of 30 people because the one dragon is dealing with a FOTSG request to reroute to YVR via BOG.
I was referring to the elevator, not actually entering the MLL.

On the bright side, I assume the much-requested self-entry kiosks will finally be installed.
Old Jul 2, 2020, 5:07 am

Programs: AC 100K, AC 2MM, SAS Diamond, AA P; Avis CM
Originally Posted by YVRtoYYZ
I might be reading into the wording too much but how are they going to have international passengers use the domestic MLL? Seems like a huge headache trying to get International passengers through domestic security (ala. valet service) and then having to walk over to the E-gates.

I am thinking that access for international flights will be the same as the SSL: SE in paid J who go to the DOM MLL and then are driven / carted / walked to the E-gates at ETD -45mins (?). If you don't meet that criteria for the international flight, no access to the DOM lounge.

On my last four trips departing Pearson (May and June) Ive been asked to use Domestic security after checking in (priority counters/concierge) and then walk to the left to E. Im not sure what they are doing with Y. On 6/18 there was significant construction taking place along the way.
Old Jul 2, 2020, 8:29 am

Programs: Aeroplan 50K/Star Alliance Gold, Accor Gold, base level Marriott/Hyatt/Hilton
Originally Posted by YYZHRE
On my last four trips departing Pearson (May and June) Ive been asked to use Domestic security after checking in (priority counters/concierge) and then walk to the left to E. Im not sure what they are doing with Y. On 6/18 there was significant construction taking place along the way.
Huh, thats odd. How do you even get from Dom security to the E-Gates?
Old Jul 2, 2020, 8:33 am

Programs: AC SE. Hilton Diamond, Marriot TI, Avis PC. Hertz PC.
Originally Posted by yyztozag
leave MLL elevator more or less walk straight across and go up escalator at the other end of he space (kind of hidden) by the customer service desk. But the signs with 'E' and a globe picture are pretty clearly placed so there shouldn't be confusion. Then you burn of some calories walking for a bit. Show BP to some people who look very bored and at the end of the 'hallway' there is the international MLL. Next to the international MLL, there are escalators that go down a level and you'll be at international gates (E). I'd say if you speed walk,,,, 5-10 minutes?
Someone correct me if I'm wrong. This one, I know the answer to since, I do YHZ - YYZ - ANYWHERE EXCITING.
Old Jul 2, 2020, 8:47 am

Yes, handuk is correct
Old Jul 2, 2020, 8:54 am

Or if you have AC chauffeur service pre-booked, concierge/chauffeur can meet you at the bottom of escalator after you clear domestic security and drive you in a bimmer to E gates / SS .
yyztozag likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2020, 10:03 am

Programs: Altitude 75K / United Global Services / WestJet Gold
Originally Posted by PilotTobe
Apparently they will start to reopen end of July with YYZ domestic to be the first. Changes of course include pre-packaged food and assisted bar service. From there theyll expand it to others...
On a recent flight from YYZ to YUL I sat next to someone from management who said that the re-opening of lounges should coincide with the restrictions being lifted for dine-in restaurants in each province. So when restaurants re-open in your province you can expect MLLs to reopen shortly after. Mind you the former has happened in BC but the MLLs are still closed.
jlisi984, yyztozag and YYCNoob like this.
Old Jul 3, 2020, 10:25 am

Programs: Aeroplan 50K/Star Alliance Gold, Accor Gold, base level Marriott/Hyatt/Hilton
Originally Posted by mileageking
Or if you have AC chauffeur service pre-booked, concierge/chauffeur can meet you at the bottom of escalator after you clear domestic security and drive you in a bimmer to E gates / SS .
thats definitely the way to go
mileageking likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2020, 11:58 am

Programs: AC*S100K 1MM, LH FTL, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Vicarious Voyager
On a recent flight from YYZ to YUL I sat next to someone from management who said that the re-opening of lounges should coincide with the restrictions being lifted for dine-in restaurants in each province. So when restaurants re-open in your province you can expect MLLs to reopen shortly after. Mind you the former has happened in BC but the MLLs are still closed.
Many/most provinces have already opened dine-in restaurants... BC, AB... lounges still closed. Not related IMO.
canadiancow and Seat19k like this.
Old Jul 3, 2020, 12:02 pm

Programs: Altitude 75K, LT Marriott Platinum
Given AC's recent announcement regarding the service which will be provided when the MLLs open, hopefully they will realize how low the bar has been set by them after reading the opening of the BA lounges at Heathrow (courtesy of one mile at a time). Also the KLM lounges reopened on June 30 and you can order food and self service bar
yyztozag likes this.

Last edited by qrctraveller; Jul 3, 2020 at 9:22 pm Reason: Added the KLM lounges being reopend
Old Jul 3, 2020, 1:51 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Mileage Plus, WestJet Gold, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by yyztozag
The same way the rest of us not based in YYZ get from Domestic to E. It has always been a bit more complex and labour intensive in YYZ than other Canadian airports. Employee looks ar your boarding pass, seeing our going international then looks over to another employee to signal that your allowed that employee then opens a door that lets you into the overhead maze. As an incentive to make your way though the maze there would be cheese in Plaza premium lounge. The MLL folks would have to be attracted by the pickles etc.

In YVR it is some guy by a podium that looks at your boarding pass and lets you pass or not.
yyztozag likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2020, 2:14 pm
Suspended

I'm not so sure the idea of opening MLLs is a good one. I mean, after a few drinks one's body temperature would be elevated. Wouldn't that cause IDB?
yyztozag likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.