Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Virtual AC Do - Every Saturday until after COVID

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 22, 2020, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: canadiancow
Where: On your computing device. Anything with a Zoom client. https://zoom.us/download - You probably want "Zoom Client for Meetings" or "Zoom Mobile Apps".

When: Saturday April 13 2024 @ 1700 PDT / 2000 EDT / 2130 NDT - We will likely go quite late, typically ending after 0100 PDT.

The link will be the same every week. We don't need a list, many people will be here. Just add your name if you want the link PM'd to you around 1630 PDT before the do.

Suggestion: Please include your forum handle (and optionally your name) when logging onto Zoom.

Please send me the same link as last week:
canadiancalf
Print Wikipost

Virtual AC Do - Every Saturday until after COVID

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2020, 5:39 am

Programs: AC SE100K, AC 1MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold,Hertz something or other, Sandals Sapphire, etc
Darn, I just missed the ending. I would have jumped on earlier, but was waiting for the coffee to brew!!
Old Apr 26, 2020, 6:15 am

Programs: M-Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Aeroplan 50K, DragonPass, AMEX MR, NEXUS
Originally Posted by Yhztraveller
Darn, I just missed the ending. I would have jumped on earlier, but was waiting for the coffee to brew!!
Yhztraveller we need to start leaving the Do earlier in the evening and just getting up early for the last two hours of it!
Old Apr 26, 2020, 6:20 am

Programs: AC SE100K, AC 1MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold,Hertz something or other, Sandals Sapphire, etc
Originally Posted by codfather
Yhztraveller we need to start leaving the Do earlier in the evening and just getting up early for the last two hours of it!
Ummmm, no, 2 hours was enough for me.

I would really rather sleep in on Sunday mornings....

Maybe you could organize the Sunday morning virtual "after-call" with a panel of FT'rs discussing the highlights of the previous nights Do. I bet @24left would watch that!
Old Apr 26, 2020, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by canadiancow
The do officially ended between 0415 and 0420.

I strongly believe that anyone who was 4.5 hours ahead would have been able to attend the end.
I was contemplating on joining at 07:00 eastern time.....
Old Apr 26, 2020, 1:00 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
Great turnout, I think yesterday's Virtual DO was the most attended one yet, with new participants.

​​​​​Although he may have made some notes for future usage against all of us, it was great to meet the real tcook052
Old Apr 26, 2020, 1:18 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by expert7700
Great turnout, I think yesterday's Virtual DO was the most attended one yet, with new participants.

​​​​​Although he may have made some notes for future usage against all of us, it was great to meet the real tcook052
And thanks for the in-flight video!

Even if your fashion accessories reminded me of Back to the Future.
marke190 and Yhztraveller like this.
Old Apr 26, 2020, 2:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by expert7700

Nope, just a few names from our virtual visit.

It was good to see and meet more AC forum members and may join future online Do's.
Old Apr 26, 2020, 7:02 pm

Programs: Choice Hotels Platinum
I had a YEGcellent time last night and it was fun re-connecting with folks I know and meeting new peeps as well. I will be at another AC Virtual Do for sure
tcook052, D582, marke190 and 1 others like this.
Old Apr 27, 2020, 6:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by YEGcited
I had a YEGcellent time last night and it was fun re-connecting with folks I know and meeting new peeps as well. I will be at another AC Virtual Do for sure
Me too.......and it reminded me of the old FT chat room late at night (I can't remember the day of the week) from years ago. Do I remember right that you sometimes participated?

People on the west coast seem to have an unfair advantage as time goes on.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2020, 10:31 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Last weeks impressive on-location reporting by @expert7700 got me thinking about something.

Given all of shots folks have posted of empty airports, I think we need to add a new element to the virtual do - a virtual traveler:

The newest FT member?

Every week we could ship it to one of our home airports and cruise around the terminal in real-time spreading the joy wherever 'we' go. Maybe even add a Zone 1 shirt.

Of course, there's minor issues like coughing up the $2K+ to buy the thing, shipping it between cities, not getting the bot tased by bored security staff and other details. But it would be so cool.
Old May 2, 2020, 11:40 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
See you all again tonight. As usual, I'll probably join a couple hours in.

MSPeconomist , nice meeting you last week. Maybe we'll actually get to see you this week
Old May 2, 2020, 12:07 pm

As per usual, I will be on at 9:30 NL time.
painintheuk and canadiancow like this.
Old May 2, 2020, 9:07 pm

In all seriousness, I hope you are all still online at around 7:30 AM NL time as I will be re-joining at that time! See you all again soon.
Old May 2, 2020, 9:26 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Why are you still posting when you left the Do saying you were going to bed?
Old May 2, 2020, 9:47 pm

Sorry I'm missing tonight's Do, broke my laptop last week and I honestly don't have the energy to hold my phone and do a zoom Do. I'll catch everyone next week after a new laptop purchase.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.