Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada Signature Suite @ YVR opens 14Mar2020

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2020, 3:24 pm
Original Poster

A quick update: YVR Signature Suite will open to the travelling public on Saturday March 14.
Old Mar 12, 2020, 3:35 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by djsflynn
A quick update: YVR Signature Suite will open to the travelling public on Saturday March 14.
Great! I'm sure all six of them will really enjoy it.
painintheuk and yyztozag like this.
Old Mar 12, 2020, 8:00 pm
Original Poster

Sneak peak from the YVR SS preview ahead.

Seating for around 90 guests, and almost all of that is given over to dining.

YWG-RO likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2020, 8:02 pm
Original Poster

Sneak peak from the YVR SS preview ahead.

Seating for around 90 guests, and almost all of that is given over to dining.

Old Mar 12, 2020, 8:43 pm

Thanks David for the awesome photos. Desert menu picture? Which AC execs attended?
Old Mar 12, 2020, 9:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mileageking
Thanks David for the awesome photos. Desert menu picture? Which AC execs attended?
Mark was there
Old Mar 12, 2020, 9:23 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Mark was there
Nasr or Galardo?
Old Mar 12, 2020, 9:47 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Unfortunate timing for AC to be rolling this out just now, but it looks nice.

Seems big compared to YYZ?
Old Mar 12, 2020, 10:10 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy occasionally Bonvoyed Mostly
Question

Originally Posted by djsflynn
For those with experience of Toronto's Signature Suite Lounge, have you any specific questions regarding the soon-to-open Vancouver Signature Suite Lounge? I'll be attending a preview of the YVR lounge on Thursday evening, and happy to take on board some questions and hopefully come back with some matching answers (assuming there's no FT AC forum representation at the preview, although if AC extends an invite to some very top-tier frequent flyers I'm sure FT will be in the mix!)

Anyway, drop questions here or to me via PM if desired, and I'll see what I can do to get answers.

David
Dang, I might be too late but if you can find this - Is the YVR signature suite accessible to folks arriving to YVR on international business and then connecting to US (again on AC). I know the US terminal is separate but is it possible to access the lounge from the US terminal post security ?
Old Mar 12, 2020, 10:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by arshi007
Dang, I might be too late but if you can find this - Is the YVR signature suite accessible to folks arriving to YVR on international business and then connecting to US (again on AC). I know the US terminal is separate but is it possible to access the lounge from the US terminal post security ?

@arshi007

The answer is no.

Here is the rules from the Air Canada page for the Signature Suite (bolding mine):

*Air Canada Signature Class customers travelling on an Air Canada-operated flight (to Europe, Asia and South America) originally booked and ticketed in the following booking classes will be eligible for access to the Air Canada Signature Suite: J, C, D, Z, P. All bookings in R (including, but not limited to, eUpgrades, Last-Minute Upgrades, AC Bid Upgrades) and I (including, but not limited to, Aeroplan® Fixed Mileage Flight Rewards® for travel on Air Canada flights or Star Alliance® member airlines, Star Alliance Upgrade Awards), as well as bookings made during irregular operations where the customer was not originally booked and confirmed in one of the eligible booking classes, will be excluded. Eligible customers may not invite guests. Access to the Air Canada Signature Suite is not available to customers travelling on promotional tickets or employees.

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...ure-suite.html
arshi007 likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2020, 10:25 pm

Unlike YYZ, it is physically possible to access the YVR SS when making a connection.

That being said, I've been denied entry to even the MLL every time I've tried.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 12:56 am

Nasr or Galardo?
Nasr. I haven't seen Mark Galardo in years.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 2:34 am

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Looks pretty nice. I’ve never been to the YYZ SSL as my main flying there is transborder, but I might get to visit this one if I do SFO-YVR-TYO sometime.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 10:10 am
Original Poster

No desert menu was around, but then I had to scare up the menu shown here - the preview was a rather truncated affair, no speeches or anything.

Am flying back to Sydney on Saturday, when the lounge is properly open, which will afford me the chance to give it a proper whirl (and maybe snap some better pics).
Old Mar 13, 2020, 1:26 pm

Thanks djsflynn. Safe travels to SYD!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.