Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada Signature Suite @ YVR opens 14Mar2020

Air Canada Signature Suite @ YVR opens 14Mar2020

Old Apr 9, 22, 11:05 am

Programs: UA *G, Accor/Sofitel Gold, InterContinental Platinum
This may not be known, but I will ask. Any insight on when the YVR signature suite will reopen? Thanks.
Old Apr 9, 22, 4:35 pm

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
YVR concierges had porsche training last week. So, probably very soon
Diabeetus likes this.
Old Apr 16, 22, 6:48 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, United Gold, American Platinum, Wyndham Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold
I'll be visiting the Signature Suite in YVR in a couple months (I bet it will be open by then!) on a flight to Sydney in paid Business (P). This will be my first time in a Signature Suite (and in a lounge that has full dining) so I have a couple of (dumb American) questions:

1. Is the a la carte dining like onboard dining where I choose an appetizer, main, and dessert? Or is it like a regular restaurant where if I wanted to sample three of the appetizers and forego the main (and then go fill up in the self serve buffet afterward) that I can do that?

2. Do I tip at the a la carte dining or the bar? If so, with a restaurant it's done by percent of the bill. Since everything is included, what's the rule of thumb on tipping? Do I estimate the value of the food/drink? Or do I just leave the server/bartender a few dollars?

Last edited by diburning; Apr 16, 22 at 6:56 am
Old Apr 16, 22, 11:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, UA Gold, Bonvoy Tit LT Sil, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by diburning View Post
I'll be visiting the Signature Suite in YVR in a couple months (I bet it will be open by then!) on a flight to Sydney in paid Business (P). This will be my first time in a Signature Suite (and in a lounge that has full dining) so I have a couple of (dumb American) questions:

1. Is the a la carte dining like onboard dining where I choose an appetizer, main, and dessert? Or is it like a regular restaurant where if I wanted to sample three of the appetizers and forego the main (and then go fill up in the self serve buffet afterward) that I can do that?

2. Do I tip at the a la carte dining or the bar? If so, with a restaurant it's done by percent of the bill. Since everything is included, what's the rule of thumb on tipping? Do I estimate the value of the food/drink? Or do I just leave the server/bartender a few dollars?
1. Restaurant; order what you want
2. No
diburning and loganre17 like this.
Old Apr 17, 22, 2:53 pm

Passed by the YVR Signature Suite today. Looked like it's already open as the lights were all lit up and there was someone in the front desk.

Disclaimer: I only passed by and could not go in as I didnt have a valid ticket

Edit: all I saw was the MLL main doors, and not the SSL entrance itself. Never been to the International MLL so I didnt know better.

Last edited by guanin2999; Apr 17, 22 at 4:12 pm
Old Apr 17, 22, 4:02 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, UA Gold, Bonvoy Tit LT Sil, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by guanin2999 View Post
Passed by the YVR Signature Suite today. Looked like it's already open as the lights were all lit up and there was someone in the front desk.

Disclaimer: I only passed by and could not go in as I didnt have a valid ticket
The SS is the upper floor of the MLL. The MLL is open. If you weren't even in the MLL, then all you saw was the MLL.

If you're referring to a concierge being present at the SS podiums (on the lower floor), then that is news.
guanin2999 likes this.
Old May 20, 22, 3:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Any reports of the menu on offer and the quality of the food?
diburning and gbongc like this.
Old Jun 13, 22, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by ACflyerDE View Post
Very nice review! Looking very much forward to my first visit to the lounge in two weeks time.

I am just a bit confused when you say "No level of (published) airline status will get you in the door here, nor any form of upgrade; only a paid business- or first-class ticket on an Air Canada-operated flight to another continent will do the job" since Air Canada does not have first class since many many years (and "Executive First" was just a fancy name for their business class).
You can book first class Aeroplan bounds (I still contend there's no such thing as a first class "ticket"), with the ex-YVR flight operated by AC.
YOWgary likes this.
Old Jun 13, 22, 12:14 pm

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Originally Posted by canadiancow View Post
You can book first class Aeroplan bounds (I still contend there's no such thing as a first class "ticket"), with the ex-YVR flight operated by AC.
This.

For example, someone flying YYZ-FRA in Air Canada business, connecting to FRA-JNB in Lufthansa First, and ticketed in Aeroplan First (Flexible), would be eligible for the Toronto Suite, while someone flying the same route in First (Lowest) would not.

Even if you're flying Etihad YYZ-AUH-JNB on a First (Flexible) award, you're ineligible as you're not departing the "Suite airport" on AC metal.

Last edited by YOWgary; Jun 13, 22 at 12:48 pm
Old Jun 13, 22, 4:01 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Bonvoy Lifetime Plat, AC 25k, HHonors Gold, Amex Plat
I'll be on a mixed ticket, meaning my arrival is an ineligible fare but my return is an eligible fare... will I be able to access before my return? Dont' see anything in the T&C to suggest otherwise...
Old Jun 13, 22, 4:35 pm

Programs: AC SE 1MM, UA 1K, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by YOWgary View Post
This.

For example, someone flying YYZ-FRA in Air Canada business, connecting to FRA-JNB in Lufthansa First, and ticketed in Aeroplan First (Flexible), would be eligible for the Toronto Suite, while someone flying the same route in First (Lowest) would not.

Even if you're flying Etihad YYZ-AUH-JNB on a First (Flexible) award, you're ineligible as you're not departing the "Suite airport" on AC metal.
I see what you mean, thanks for clarifying. The key though on Aeroplan tickets is the AC flight in Business (flexible), right? If that segment is not available in Business the LH First (flexible) segment out of FRA does not help to access the Signature Suite despite per se holding a first class ticket.
Old Jun 13, 22, 4:40 pm

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Originally Posted by ACflyerDE View Post
I see what you mean, thanks for clarifying. The key though on Aeroplan tickets is the AC flight in Business (flexible), right? If that segment is not available in Business the LH First (flexible) segment out of FRA does not help to access the Signature Suite despite per se holding a first class ticket.
My understanding is that a Business Flexible ticket with YVR-YYZ in Business, YYZ-FRA in PE, and FRA-JNB in Business, would not entitle you to access at the YYZ SS.
yyckerr and Bohemian1 like this.
Old Jun 13, 22, 8:35 pm

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.032MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CWC Au-197; CCC Elite; WoH Dis
You can book first class Aeroplan bounds
I've been running through this for a while and I still can't figure out what this was before (I assume) your spell checker changed it.
Old Jun 13, 22, 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by mahasamatman View Post
I've been running through this for a while and I still can't figure out what this was before (I assume) your spell checker changed it.
Which part do you not understand?
Old Jun 14, 22, 11:13 am

Programs: AC*S100K ACMM / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mahasamatman View Post
Which part do you not understand?
Speculating here ... but I don't think that a "bound" is actually a common term. I understand what you're talking about, cow ... but I don't see the term "bound" show up at all on aircanada.ca, and it doesn't seem to be a term commonly used by other airlines, either.

@mahasamatman if that is the term that confused you, a bound is a key concept in the new aeroplan. You're not limited to having just an outbound and inbound set of flights ... you can actually have multiple "bounds" on a single ticket. See here for more descriptions: https://princeoftravel.com/blog/new-...light-rewards/

Search this Thread