Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada Signature Suite @ YVR opens 14Mar2020

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Canada Signature Suite @ YVR opens 14Mar2020

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2020, 8:39 pm
Original Poster

YVR Signature Suite menus (March 2020)

Now that the lounge is officially open, here are phots of the menus. Note that two of the three dessert items appear to be the same as available at the self-serve buffet.

Old Mar 14, 2020, 8:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by WoodlandCreature
That's YYZ. For YVR, the destination list is, for obvious reasons, different: "Air Canada Signature Class customers departing from or connecting via Vancouver International Airport (travelling to Australia, Asia and Europe only) on an Air Canada flight with ticket originally booked and ticketed in J, C, D, Z or P will be eligible for access to the Air Canada Signature Suite in Vancouver."

And my P trip to MEL next week, which would have got me in, has just been cancelled.

@WoodlandCreature

Ah, thanks!!!

I was looking at the AC page for the Suite and I didn't click Vancouver, where at the bottom, you have the entry requirements.

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...ure-suite.html

Old Mar 14, 2020, 8:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by canadiancow
YYZ has one too. Though my understanding was anyone could ask to use it.
Cow: just spoke with lounge manager, who maintains the VIP room is only available by request of Air Canada CEO or others at the top exec (eg VP) level... 😞
Old Mar 15, 2020, 12:33 am
Original Poster

Turns out the desserts menu items which also feature on the buffet are a little different. Personally I’m fine with the smaller simpler buffet versions

Old Mar 15, 2020, 12:34 am

Programs: Non-status paid F/J (best value for $$$)
Originally Posted by djsflynn
Cow: just spoke with lounge manager, who maintains the VIP room is only available by request of Air Canada CEO or others at the top exec (eg VP) level... 😞
Paging Andrew Yiu!
Old Mar 15, 2020, 8:00 pm

Programs: Bottom feeder Star Gold
Originally Posted by canadiancow
If you transfer to US, you walk right by it.
I think you might be confused, cow. You can't access the YVR SS if transferring to a US departure.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 8:12 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by CZAMFlyer
I think you might be confused, cow. You can't access the YVR SS if transferring to a US departure.
In his defence, Cow did not say you could enter it.
--
13F
canadiancow likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 10:55 pm

He did claim you walked right past it, and you don't. Not anywhere close, and not even on the same floor level.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 11:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by CZAMFlyer
He did claim you walked right past it, and you don't. Not anywhere close, and not even on the same floor level.

I guess it's impossible to walk past the MLL in YYZ dom/tb then.

The "dragons" are on the main floor level. Then you are sent upstairs. The big sign someone in the terminal would walk towards to gain access is on the main level, directing you to a door on the main level. That door is right on the path from dom/intl to US connections.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 7:08 pm

I'm not talking about Toronto; this is about Vancouver. The question in Post 9 asked if you could access the YVR SS when connecting Intl to US. You stated two posts later that it's physically possible to access it, conceding that the rules forbade entry inside. You later wrote you "walk right past it". This is not so.

If arriving on an international flight at Vancouver and connecting to the US, you do not walk past the Intl MLL or the Sig Suite upstairs. You might be able to see the main lounge entrance from a separated suspended passageway, but there is no access without an almighty leap and some fall protection. Once off the arriving plane, you will climb to the suspended arrivals passageway, and diverted prior to reaching the Canadian immigration hall to descend to the US CBP hall. So even if AC's rules permitted entry to US-bound customers, you wouldn't be able to get there.
Old Mar 17, 2020, 12:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: Air Canada Super Elite 2+ Million Miles
Thumbs down

delete

Last edited by skybluesea; Dec 21, 2020 at 1:42 pm
Old Mar 17, 2020, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Thank you for the pictures and information, djsflynn .
Old Mar 18, 2020, 3:02 pm

Programs: AC SE MM
Great pics and amazing info from djsflynn! Thanks for the great pics! I can't add much other than the smoked mandarin old fashion is the bomb if you like old fashions. Also make sure to try the salted caramel pot de creme if you ever visit the YVR SS. So so good! Here are some videos clips of the SS. Apologies for the poor picture quality, I had a camera issue so ended up only having my old iPhone for a camera. Cheers and stay safe everyone!
Adam Smith likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2020, 3:34 pm

Chowtime, great video with good content and picture quality is not bad. Andrew loves to say "we have a lot of", 5 times lol! Thanks for posting.
Chowtime likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2021, 8:54 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, MT Ambassador, HH Diamond, Accor Diamond, Avis President's Club, National Emerald Club
Does anyone know if Premium Economy Flex fare (O class) gives signature suite access? Or strictly paid business class only?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.