Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question: Customer Relations Phone Number Canada?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question: Customer Relations Phone Number Canada?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2020, 6:58 pm
Original Poster

Customer Relations Phone Number Canada?

Hi.
I am not usually an AC flyer ( and am regretting my choice now). Does anyone have a phone number for someone sensible at Customer Relations? AC changed my flight giving me a horrible layover, their notification said to call reservations to make changes or cancel. The person I spoke on the reservations number told me no changes had been made and that the new crappy flight was the one I had originally booked!
Old Feb 27, 2020, 10:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Customer relations only deals with issues after travel, and their system only accepts outbound calls. Not inbound.
Old Feb 27, 2020, 10:24 pm

Programs: Erstwhile Accidental AC E35K
Originally Posted by Whizmo
Hi.
I am not usually an AC flyer ( and am regretting my choice now). Does anyone have a phone number for someone sensible at Customer Relations? AC changed my flight giving me a horrible layover, their notification said to call reservations to make changes or cancel. The person I spoke on the reservations number told me no changes had been made and that the new crappy flight was the one I had originally booked!
Unfortunately I have some disappointing news for you:
  1. Answering the phone is not one of the things AC does well. Or at all in many cases.
  2. Sensible people seem to be in the minority there, and even fewer are assigned to customer relations. They seem to like it that way.
  3. AC frequently makes changes to details of flights. Most of the time they will eventually tell you about it, but you have to be patient. It can take days, weeks, months in some cases.
  4. Telling the truth is also one of the things AC seems to struggle with.
  5. AC doesn’t give a rat’s derrière about your horrible layover.
Welcome to FlyerTalk. And welcome to Air Canada.
Argonaut1000 and JoePendleton like this.
Old Feb 27, 2020, 11:40 pm
Original Poster

Haha, what a fabulous company. The email from Air Canada said I could make changes free of charge, the agent from Air Canada said not!! The website won’t let me do anything... Would a trip to the airport desk be worthwhile, or just infuriate me further?
Old Feb 27, 2020, 11:50 pm

When is your travel?
Old Feb 28, 2020, 12:01 am

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
This falls under "HUCA" - hang up and call again. You've received an itinerary change email, you ARE entitled to free changes to a reasonable extent or a refund if a suitable alternate itinerary isn't possible. Air Canada normally has no problem accommodating this scenario. The agent you spoke to must have been confused or spectacularly bad at their job.
Old Feb 28, 2020, 12:29 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
More details please.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.