Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Romantic Getaway Flight Pass

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2020, 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by sokolov
I understand that. But I don't want to add their number until booking time. Because if they don't find what they want, I'd keep the space open for someone else.
It'll depend on which specific pass you buy.
  • Florida Plus, Europe and North Africa, and Worldwide book into V for Flex and D for Business - you'll likely need to use Matrix, Expert Flyer, etc. to check availability.
  • Across Canada books into M for Flex and D for Business - as M is the highest Flex fare, if a flex fare is available on AC website you should be good to go. D will require Matrix, etc.

Of course, none of those are perfect as the FP system can sometimes generate routings that aren't typically available, or won't let you book items that are otherwise available on the website.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 6:35 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by YEG USER
It'll depend on which specific pass you buy.
  • Florida Plus, Europe and North Africa, and Worldwide book into V for Flex and D for Business - you'll likely need to use Matrix, Expert Flyer, etc. to check availability.
  • Across Canada books into M for Flex and D for Business - as M is the highest Flex fare, if a flex fare is available on AC website you should be good to go. D will require Matrix, etc.

I'm not sure Matrix or EF is really required. For instance, in the case of V, it can be communicated to this person that if Flex is unavailable, or shows a M, U, H, or Q fare, the FP isn't available. For business, if the website is selling Business (lowest) in D, Z, or P, it should be bookable.

Oddities of the FP system could still generate different results when booking, but that's also true for EF or Matrix.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by Adam Smith

I'm not sure Matrix or EF is really required. For instance, in the case of V, it can be communicated to this person that if Flex is unavailable, or shows a M, U, H, or Q fare, the FP isn't available. For business, if the website is selling Business (lowest) in D, Z, or P, it should be bookable.

Oddities of the FP system could still generate different results when booking, but that's also true for EF or Matrix.
Good call on the Business (lowest). I was thinking that Matrix would be the fastest way as with a simple command you can see all flight options for V. Using the AC website don't you need to go all the way to the final pricing page and click on "details" to see what the fare bucket is (in this case to see if only Flex M, U, H or Q is available), or is there an easier way to tell that I'm unaware of?
Old Feb 25, 2020, 12:37 am

I'm not sure Matrix or EF is really required. For instance, in the case of V, it can be communicated to this person that if Flex is unavailable, or shows a M, U, H, or Q fare, the FP isn't available..
That can be misleading to a novice. During a recent sale, Flex was showing as unavailable for specific itineraries on the Air Canada website. (Only Basic and Standard where available, though chosing Basic resulted in a cryptic error.) With a Flight Pass, availability was wide open.

OK, Flight Passes are maybe not designed for novices. :-)

Well, it seems that there is no simple lookup tool for this specific use case. I can live with that. :-)
Old Feb 26, 2020, 12:09 am

Availability of the Romantic Getaway Passes has been extended to March 5.
Jasper2009 and YYC3722 like this.
Old Oct 13, 2021, 12:07 pm

I still have segments on that Romantic Getaway Pass. I just logged in to see what is available, and to my surprise I am being offered codeshares with Lufthansa and Austrian as well - which is great, given the reduced Air Canada network since COVID.

Would anyone of you know what booking class these tickets would yield on Austrian? Is there any way to see this during the booking process before the booking is completed?
Old Oct 13, 2021, 12:17 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Would anyone of you know what booking class these tickets would yield on Austrian? Is there any way to see this during the booking process before the booking is completed?
Does the FP system let you book space on the OAL flight number (e.g. OS123), or does it want to sell you an AC codeshare of the OS flight (e.g. AC9876?)?
Old Oct 13, 2021, 3:26 pm

Does the FP system let you book space on the OAL flight number (e.g. OS123), or does it want to sell you an AC codeshare of the OS flight (e.g. AC9876?)?
They are codeshares. It says "Flex". AFAIK, the flight pass books into V Flex on Air Canada operated flights.
Old Feb 2, 2022, 9:36 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
These passes are back! Some of these options seem like a pretty good deal to me. In particular the Florida Plus from Western Canada.
arf04, yyckerr and YYC3722 like this.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 10:24 am

Will Valentine's Flight Pass Sale be extended?

Air Canada is selling Valentine's Day "Romantic Getaway" flight passes again - 4 credits for international flights. The sale ends today.

2 years ago, the same sale was extended by a week or two.

Does anyone here know if the sale will be extended again? The passes are valid for 1 year from purchse, so I would like to purchase as late as possible. :-)
Old Feb 14, 2022, 10:34 am

Does anyone here know if the sale will be extended again?
The sale definitely won't be extended. Unless it is. I'm not sure what else you expect anyone to say?
ChrisA330 and Yhztraveller like this.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 8:04 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, AC 1MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold,Hertz something or other, Sandals Sapphire, etc
Just bought the Romantic FP to Europe, but I won't be romantic as I will use all 4 credits myself. I bought the Florida one also, and while the regular FP might be cheaper per credit, I did not want 8 credits, just 4. It was cheaper than most of the flex fares on the AC site, and it allowed me to book flights that were considerably more expensive.

The FP T&C says eups can be used as normal, but when I look at flight availability for a flight 6 days from now (well within the SE window) it shows eup availability in the listing, but when you select the flights I get the following:

I had the same issue with the Florida pass, but since the flights are 4 weeks from now I assumed it was just because I was outside the eup window.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 8:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Yhztraveller
Just bought the Romantic FP to Europe, but I won't be romantic as I will use all 4 credits myself. I bought the Florida one also, and while the regular FP might be cheaper per credit, I did not want 8 credits, just 4. It was cheaper than most of the flex fares on the AC site, and it allowed me to book flights that were considerably more expensive.

The FP T&C says eups can be used as normal, but when I look at flight availability for a flight 6 days from now (well within the SE window) it shows eup availability in the listing, but when you select the flights I get the following:

I had the same issue with the Florida pass, but since the flights are 4 weeks from now I assumed it was just because I was outside the eup window.
You're looking at an antiquated system. Book the flights and go to the eUp system, and it will be fine.
Yhztraveller likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 8:33 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, AC 1MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold,Hertz something or other, Sandals Sapphire, etc
Originally Posted by canadiancow
You're looking at an antiquated system. Book the flights and go to the eUp system, and it will be fine.
Thanks. I was able to request eups for the Florida pass, and did confirm that the flights did book in M as it was only 1 eup credit each way.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 12:07 pm

No mention on an extension, but the Romantic FP's are still available on the website.

AC did extend their Valentines Sale by 2 days, but it does not specifically include an extension for the FP.

Originally Posted by canadiancow
The "antiquated system" must have been fixed overnight, as it seems to be working fine now.

Nah, it couldn't be because AC monitors these threads and fixed an error....

Originally Posted by vernonc
https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...calculate.html
21 credits + Copay for flex to Europe. SE do not have copay.
For the Europe FP it is 15 eups to upgrade to business class (+ copay if you are not SE). Flights book in Flex V

Last edited by Adam Smith; Feb 15, 2022 at 1:49 pm Reason: Merge consecutive posts by same user

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.