FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   Speculation: What's happening with the planes scheduled to fly to China? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/2007115-speculation-whats-happening-planes-scheduled-fly-china.html)

CZAMFlyer Feb 11, 2020 9:22 am

Originally Posted by Adam Smith (Post 32059074)
rouge 321 switched to a 77L on one of my upcoming YYZ-YYC flights. From rouge "J" to pods, that's a huge win, if it sticks.

For a 4 hour flight? That's a rather ordinary-sized win.

Originally Posted by pitz
Another 787-9 coming off of YVR-MEL soon... This summer is gonna be widebody-heaven for domestic passengers. Unless some miracle happens and the 737Max comes back.

Don't forget the legions of 787s assigned to the summer seasonal Europe
service. The demand for these frames on transatlantic routes is unlikely to diminish.

24left Feb 11, 2020 10:46 am

Originally Posted by dennisthemenace (Post 32058645)
Yes, but it just makes the trip to SIN much more lengthy and complex. Challenging considering I am traveling with 2 young children (and wife).

Also, the family is on reward tickets and there is no other one-stop reward space in J on my dates other than transit through HKG. Incase AC cancels the HKG route, would they be open to routing all of us (revenue and reward) through a one stop through HND even though AP doesn't currently show reward space available? My revenue ticket PNR is linked to reward of course.

Although, there is a possibility we might cancel this trip all together given the rise in cases in SIN - so this might end up being a moot point.

I forgot to include a sarcasm emoji when I posted the screen shots. My point was that YYZ-HKG is OFF the schedule Mar 1-27 as mentioned multiple times in two threads.

I appreciate the your challenge and travel needs.

songsc Feb 11, 2020 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by YVR72 (Post 32057314)
Well, the flight schedule seems to suggest no more YVR or YYZ >> HKG.

Also, this isn’t two 777s, it is four of them freed up.

It’s less than 4. After arriving from HKG as AC16, the aircraft usually continues on to AC33 or an European flight, rather than departing as AC15 the next day. Similarly AC8 continues to YYZ or Europe.

CZAMFlyer Feb 11, 2020 12:37 pm

Rather than posting random timetables and including (or not) emojis to help decipher their intent, this might better assist others to find the actual, definitive information about Air Canada's nonstop YYZ-HKG service. This comes from the AC website itself: https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...na-travel.html

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...9f48051a2b.png

canadiancow Feb 11, 2020 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by dennisthemenace (Post 32058645)
Yes, but it just makes the trip to SIN much more lengthy and complex. Challenging considering I am traveling with 2 young children (and wife).

Also, the family is on reward tickets and there is no other one-stop reward space in J on my dates other than transit through HKG. Incase AC cancels the HKG route, would they be open to routing all of us (revenue and reward) through a one stop through HND even though AP doesn't currently show reward space available? My revenue ticket PNR is linked to reward of course.

Although, there is a possibility we might cancel this trip all together given the rise in cases in SIN - so this might end up being a moot point.

They can open any AC space. For TYO-SIN, it will be much easier if you can find I space on another flight. They CAN buy you revenue space, but you may have to fight if there's space on less optimal routings.

dennisthemenace Feb 11, 2020 5:24 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow (Post 32060632)
They can open any AC space. For TYO-SIN, it will be much easier if you can find I space on another flight. They CAN buy you revenue space, but you may have to fight if there's space on less optimal routings.

Thanks Cow, that’s helpful to know those options!

ACYYZ/SD Feb 11, 2020 5:52 pm

Perhaps the freed up China aircraft will allow for an accelerated A330 reconfiguration schedule. 787's have been appearing anywhere and everywhere -- MIA/BGI/AMS/YHZ/YEG....

cooleddie Feb 11, 2020 9:46 pm

Originally Posted by ACYYZ/SD (Post 32061087)
Perhaps the freed up China aircraft will allow for an accelerated A330 reconfiguration schedule. 787's have been appearing anywhere and everywhere -- MIA/BGI/AMS/YHZ/YEG....

787 on BGI? When did that happen. Please don't get me too excited lol

ACYYZ/SD Feb 12, 2020 4:55 am

Originally Posted by cooleddie (Post 32061713)
787 on BGI? When did that happen. Please don't get me too excited lol

I took out an aircraft which came in from BGI, I was just as surprised. It looks like Mainline will be operating YYZ-BGI throughout March on the A330.

kraftdinner_ Feb 13, 2020 3:08 am

AC35 on Feb 7th/AC36 on Feb 9th was randomly a 787-9 as opposed to the usual 787-8. Seems like a one-off as it looks to be consistently a 787-8 in the future, but I was on 36 on the 9th and the 10 extra J seats helped with upgrades :)

EdmFlyBoi Feb 13, 2020 3:47 am

It's definitely a bonus when there is a 788 or 789 on YEG-YYZ. It would be great if this was consistent rather than haphazard. I wonder if, when the fleet disarray settles (Max back in service, substantial A220's delivered, and A330 refurbs completed), there will be consistent mainline wide body service on YYC/YEG-YYZ.

acysb87 Feb 13, 2020 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by ACYYZ/SD (Post 32062548)
I took out an aircraft which came in from BGI, I was just as surprised. It looks like Mainline will be operating YYZ-BGI throughout March on the A330.

The A330 was on the YYZ/BGI route most of January as well

ACYYZ/SD Feb 13, 2020 3:56 pm

787 Appearances on select YYZ-LAS & YYZ-MCO flights through March as well.

YXUFlyboy Feb 14, 2020 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by EdmFlyBoi (Post 32066412)
It's definitely a bonus when there is a 788 or 789 on YEG-YYZ. It would be great if this was consistent rather than haphazard. I wonder if, when the fleet disarray settles (Max back in service, substantial A220's delivered, and A330 refurbs completed), there will be consistent mainline wide body service on YYC/YEG-YYZ.

There isn't supposed to be. All the old schedules had all MAX8 service with high frequency. That's likely how it will go once the MAX is ungrounded.

RatherBeInYOW Feb 27, 2020 11:55 am

They're about to use a 787-9 on YOW / YYZ today, so there's that. Thanks COVID-19 and IRROPS. ;)