Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Master thread COVID-19/Coronavirus; travel waivers, route changes, AC impacts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 27, 2020, 3:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
Key points of AC COVID change/cancellation policy [as of December 10, 2021]:
(see this page under "Changes and cancellations")

Unlimited changes. No change fees. – Until December 31, 2021, if you want to change your flight, we'll waive the change fee. After December 31, 2021, you can make one change at no extra charge. If your new fare has a higher price, you only need to pay the difference from your original fare.

If Air Canada changes the time of your flight, you make a change for free.*
*Within 3 days for North American destinations and 7 days for international and sun destinations.

If your flight is cancelled, you get a refund – If your flight is cancelled for any reason and we don’t rebook you on another flight that departs or arrives within three hours of your original departure or arrival time, or if we add a connection to your itinerary, you can request a refund.

Need to cancel? Save the value for future travel – If you need to cancel a booking, the full value can be transferred to an Air Canada Travel Voucher, which never expires and is fully transferrable, or converted into Aeroplan points with a 65% bonus. Refundable tickets are always refundable.

Flexibility with Aeroplan bookings – Until December 31, 2021, if you want to change your Aeroplan flight reward, we'll waive all change fees. After December 31, 2021, you can still make one change without a fee.
Print Wikipost

Master thread COVID-19/Coronavirus; travel waivers, route changes, AC impacts

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2021, 2:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
They really need to step up the schedule on YYZ-SFO. Or upgauge. A 223 is just not enough capacity for the evening flight.

I just booked a flight a month out that's D0 Q0.
Old Jul 27, 2021, 4:09 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by canadiancow
They really need to step up the schedule on YYZ-SFO. Or upgauge. A 223 is just not enough capacity for the evening flight.

I just booked a flight a month out that's D0 Q0.
I agree. As you’re aware I had a schedule change on the morning flight in late September, that was down gaged from the 787. I called in per your advice, the agent wouldn’t move me to originate from LAX instead without a fare change (Which is quite considerable) agent suggested that with the opening of travel on August 9 we should start seeing several schedule changes and he’s hopeful that they’re upgrading the SFO YYZ route
Old Jul 30, 2021, 4:07 am

Programs: AC SE
It looks like AC finally (finally!) canceled all 2021 flights to Australia and New Zealand. It was inevitable, of course, but I was stubbornly holding on to some flights just hoping against hope that they would somehow work out.
Old Jul 30, 2021, 6:06 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by TheCanuckian
It looks like AC finally (finally!) canceled all 2021 flights to Australia and New Zealand. It was inevitable, of course, but I was stubbornly holding on to some flights just hoping against hope that they would somehow work out.
Seems they actioned a number of changes for longhaul flying for the rest of 2021. From the couple routes I checked, YYZ - LHR has gone from 4 daily to 2 daily, YYZ-PEK is gone, YYZ-BOM is gone. YYZ-FRA still shows 2 daily for now.
TheCanuckian likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2021, 6:51 am

Programs: Flying Blue
Originally Posted by thefishgoesmoo
Seems they actioned a number of changes for longhaul flying for the rest of 2021. From the couple routes I checked, YYZ - LHR has gone from 4 daily to 2 daily, YYZ-PEK is gone, YYZ-BOM is gone. YYZ-FRA still shows 2 daily for now.
YYZ-CDG which is set to resume next week also seems gone for the winter season
Old Jul 30, 2021, 7:07 am

Programs: AC SE 1MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by djskynet
On google flights I still see AC 872 / AC 873 on a random sampling of dates through the end of the calendar year, I checked the weeks I need to travel in August, Sept, Oct and Dec and they are there and bookable on AC all of those dates.

Likely to get canceled?
Old Jul 30, 2021, 8:42 am

Programs: AC SE
Looks like YYZ-AMS is gone for November too.
Old Jul 30, 2021, 11:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Ugh... a time change means my 2 hour HKG-YVR-SFO connection now has to be 3:40.

Of course, since what I want is only 10 minutes under MCT, if the flight is even remotely on time, I'll be able to clear standby... but will I clear for J?
Old Jul 30, 2021, 2:47 pm

Programs: AC50K, OZ*G
Originally Posted by AskTravis
On google flights I still see AC 872 / AC 873 on a random sampling of dates through the end of the calendar year, I checked the weeks I need to travel in August, Sept, Oct and Dec and they are there and bookable on AC all of those dates.

Likely to get canceled?
I really hope they don’t cancel YYZ-CDG. Forcing me via YUL limits the amount of wine I can bring back!
Old Jul 30, 2021, 3:59 pm

Programs: Flying Blue
Originally Posted by WannabeSE
I really hope they don’t cancel YYZ-CDG. Forcing me via YUL limits the amount of wine I can bring back!
It seems they cancelled Fridays and Sundays
Old Jul 30, 2021, 4:02 pm
Suspended

I still see it periodically in December and January, just doesn’t seem to be daily anymore.
Old Jul 31, 2021, 2:30 pm

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, FB Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
I had flights in February to SCL and EZE pushed forward a day. Have a very expensive trip booked to Patagonia which will be problematic should the flights get entirely cancelled.
Old Jul 31, 2021, 5:42 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Flying Blue Gold, Accor Silver, Hilton Diamond
YYZ -CDG routes appears to still be scheduled to resume Monday Aug 2 (and on time according to their site). Per AC’s route update page, they are flying 3 days a week in August and will increase to 5 days a week starting September. So as long as they don’t kill this route by Monday, I think it’s safe to say the direct route to Paris from Toronto is back finally! The cancelled Friday and Sunday flights line up to their forecasted 5 days a week schedule.
Old Aug 5, 2021, 7:25 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
BCN MUC YYZ SFO changed to BCN MUC YVR (LH) SFO
And my overnight in Munich was eliminated

third schedule change already! Considerably reduced the amount of PQP‘s I can earn on UA, I found another routing that should work but to be honest I really haven’t found that many good AC call-center agents so this is a royal pain.. My experience with AC so far makes me really appreciate UA and especially their Premier Desk!

Last edited by Flying Machine; Aug 5, 2021 at 7:31 pm
Old Aug 5, 2021, 7:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
All but one of these are for the same 2 PNRs. My favourite are the 3 minutes changes. None of these brightly coloured ALERTS even mentioned an aircraft change - which I found myself looking on the website. Is there a human that does this or is it AC IT's after meal burping?

talkeryxu likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.