Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Dec 31, 2019, 5:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: tcook052
This new annual thread has been carved out of the previous thread in an effort to reduce the number of megathreads on the AC forum. For those interested previous versions are the original 2004 - 2014 thread , 2015 edition, 2016 edition , 2017 edition, 2018 edition and 2019 edition.

The original thread started by accident but quickly became a popular place to come and discuss off topic things such as hockey, new movies, or almost anything that wouldn't fit into existing AC forum threads. Air Canada or Aeroplan topics such as flight feedback, in-flight services issues, status or mileage earning/redemption are all topics that should go into existing AC forum threads so others can benefit from this information. Topics about hotels or airlines and/or their loyalty programs, destinations, in-flight travel tech. or anything best discussed elsewhere on FT may be relocated to that forum as this thread isn't meant to import travel topics to this forum that are better discussed on other forums. FT is an amazingly diverse and large community so members are encouraged to seek out all of its resources.

While the conversation is more relaxed as it would be in a lounge that doesn't mean however that the FT rules don't apply here as they definitely do so please refrain from controversial topics such as politics or religion, avoid profanities and treat other lounge patrons with the same respect you expect.

tcook052
Air Canada forum moderator
Print Wikipost

The Forum Lounge Thread (2020)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2020, 5:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by smallmj
Currently watching the vigil for the victims of the NS shooting. Natalie MacMaster played along with a fiddle recording done by a 17 year old victim. It was incredibly moving.
I wore my red Canada hockey jersey today to honor those lost in NS. So sad.
mileageking likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2020, 7:08 pm

Programs: AC E75K, spouse E75K (MM), National Emerald, various hotel programs
Originally Posted by Bohemian1
Of course, in the interest of science, it may be time for my semi-annual ECU 'check up' process which tends to consume just a little bit of premium gas. Okay, maybe more than just a bit.

But since there is almost no traffic on my normal piece of test track (also known as Highway 17), it's also safe science. And very much socially distanced when I put the hammer down.

No need to Earn My Wings at maximum boost, I'm already flyin'!

Uh oh. I mentioned flying and fuel consumption in the same post. I am so screwed.
Others have been using your test track Tire blows immediately after Ontario driver pulled over for doing 270 km/h
Nitehawk likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2020, 12:19 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by tcook052
New low gas price: 57.9 today in Edmonton
Originally Posted by painintheuk
Still 96.9 here, but does it make you want to drive around the block 100 times just so you can fill your tank?

Dr. PITUK
Hmmm weird here in ON it’s going up again. Think the low was around 72? Was 83 a few days ago but not doing much driving of late (last 3 weeks anyway).

Saved a huge $7 a month on auto insurance (a very low % here) no longer commuting a few times a week and while company is offering a further 10% off for two months since advertising this two ago their website has been broken. Almost as if they couldn’t possibly imagine the impact of offering people minimum 10% discount for two months by logging in.
tcook052 likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2020, 3:58 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I just had a surprise visit by the calf. He brought me 10.75 L of Bacardi Oakheart
Old Apr 26, 2020, 8:22 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Since the TPE Do has been bandied about here, and the subject of the YYC Burger & Scotch Do came up last night at the virtual Do, just thought I'd confirm that I do intend to host it again this fall, ideally in mid to late September, but timing TBC. Obviously right now the YHZ Do is on the calendar for early October and the YYT Do may need to get rescheduled (and should have priority over the YYC Do).

I'm also potentially interested in the TPE Do, so I'll register my interest. Although I'm not big on Kavalan or TPE, I do have a good buddy who lives over there that I had intended to visit soon, and this tends to be a pretty good group to hang out with

Originally Posted by canadiancow
I just had a surprise visit by the calf. He brought me 10.75 L of Bacardi Oakheart
Are there some non-750 mL bottles in there, or are you bad at math or typing? (The other day you said 17 x 750 mL, which would be 12.75 L)
Bohemian1 and YYC3722 like this.
Old Apr 26, 2020, 8:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
.... the YYC Burger & Scotch Do came up last night at the virtual Do, just thought I'd confirm that I do intend to host it again this fall, ideally in mid to late September, but timing TBC......)
Will there also be another September snowstorm?

Our bird after arriving for YYC Do Dec 8 2018

Arrival for YYC Do Sept 28 2019

Last edited by 24left; Apr 26, 2020 at 8:36 pm
Old Apr 26, 2020, 8:39 pm

Are there some non-750 mL bottles in there, or are you bad at math or typing? (The other day you said 17 x 750 mL, which would be 12.75 L)
The 17x750 is a BevMo shipment that has not yet shipped.

The calf delivery was 4x1750 + 5x750.
Adam Smith likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2020, 8:56 pm

Programs: HH Silver
Since the TPE Do has been bandied about here, and the subject of the YYC Burger & Scotch Do came up last night at the virtual Do, just thought I'd confirm that I do intend to host it again this fall, ideally in mid to late September, but timing TBC. Obviously right now the YHZ Do is on the calendar for early October and the YYT Do may need to get rescheduled (and should have priority over the YYC Do).
Colour me interested in a Fall YYC Do.
Old Apr 27, 2020, 7:01 am

Programs: AC E75K, spouse E75K (MM), National Emerald, various hotel programs
Originally Posted by 24left
Will there also be another September snowstorm?
Probably. It is YYC after all.
Old Apr 28, 2020, 9:17 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by YYC traveler
Probably. It is YYC after all.
Hey, now! We've only had snow for 1/3 of the September YYC Fall Dos!
YYC3722 likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2020, 9:29 pm

Hey, now! We've only had snow for 1/3 of the September YYC Fall Dos!
Have there been 3 in September? I know one was in December and definitely had snow. 2019 was annoying, as it hurt my flying, walking, and driving plans.
Old Apr 28, 2020, 9:37 pm

Have there been 3 in September? I know one was in December and definitely had snow. 2019 was annoying, as it hurt my flying, walking, and driving plans.
The 1st, 2nd, and 4th were in September. The 3rd was in December. The 3rd and 4th both had snow. Weather was decent for the 1st and 2nd.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2020, 9:45 pm

The 1st, 2nd, and 4th were in September. The 3rd was in December. The 3rd and 4th both had snow. Weather was decent for the 1st and 2nd.
Ohhhh I wasn't there for the first. I remember now.
Old Apr 28, 2020, 10:01 pm

Ohhhh I wasn't there for the first. I remember now.
Nope, you were there. Remember, you and rehoult were there early and then gave me .... for showing up at the appointed time of 6PM
Old Apr 28, 2020, 10:06 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
I just remember freezing my face off after leaving canadiancow , Adam Smith and nomadic.relief in the pub after one of these. Maybe it was in July.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.