Wiki Posts
Search

Baggage Tracking on App?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2019, 6:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA
Baggage Tracking on App?

I rarely fly on AC and even even rarer that I would check luggage (any airline), however I have an upcoming trip that requires me to check a bag. For my own peace of mind, can I track my bag on the app like I can on the AA app? On the AA app I can see when the bag has been loaded on the plane and off loaded at the destination.

I know there isn't anything I can do if it doesn't make the plane but still nice to know.

I was on the app the other day and found it lacked much of anything. Kind of like a 90's app if there were apps in the 90's.
skybluesea likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2019, 6:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Not until DCS migrates to 1A and they push out a new app update.
Old Dec 1, 2019, 6:55 pm

Not possible. The new app is terrible, but even the old version of the app didnt include a baggage tracking feature.
Old Dec 1, 2019, 7:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by theshaun
I rarely fly on AC and even even rarer that I would check luggage (any airline), however I have an upcoming trip that requires me to check a bag. For my own peace of mind, can I track my bag on the app like I can on the AA app? On the AA app I can see when the bag has been loaded on the plane and off loaded at the destination.

I know there isn't anything I can do if it doesn't make the plane but still nice to know.

I was on the app the other day and found it lacked much of anything. Kind of like a 90's app if there were apps in the 90's.

Lol... No... Like you found out, the app is mostly useless..

Hasn't DL had this feature in their app for at least 4 years now?
Old Dec 1, 2019, 8:03 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by rankourabu
Hasn't DL had this feature in their app for at least 4 years now?
Definitely at least 3. And AA had it the last time I flew them, in August.
Old Dec 1, 2019, 10:18 pm

Programs: M-Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Aeroplan 50K, DragonPass, AMEX MR, NEXUS
I would expect to see this feature eventually, it is on the apps of most major US carriers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.