Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC issues with Leap year

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2019, 3:48 pm
Formerly known as tireman77
Original Poster

I don't know how many times I have landed at YUL. Several hundreds, for sure.

Often times, when arriving from the south or the west, descent coasts over the Laval Islands past the 25, almost to Terrebonne. Then the predictable 180 degree right turn to get parallel with the Met. If you're on the port side, you're treated to a view of the Olympic Stadium, Downtown, Mount Royal, l'Oratoire, The Jacques Cartier, Victoria and Chaplain Bridges in the distance. Getting even lower, following Côte Vertu and the industrial buildings of St-Laurent and the Ikea... finally crossing the 13 just before touching down, usually on 24R.

24@YUL. The runway that means almost home.

Day 24, and AC.com is finally showing a February 29th departure. How fitting.
Twickenham likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 4:40 pm

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by PLeblond
I don't know how many times I have landed at YUL. Several hundreds, for sure.

Often times, when arriving from the south or the west, descent coasts over the Laval Islands past the 25, almost to Terrebonne. Then the predictable 180 degree right turn to get parallel with the Met. If you're on the port side, you're treated to a view of the Olympic Stadium, Downtown, Mount Royal, l'Oratoire, The Jacques Cartier, Victoria and Chaplain Bridges in the distance. Getting even lower, following Côte Vertu and the industrial buildings of St-Laurent and the Ikea... finally crossing the 13 just before touching down, usually on 24R.

24@YUL. The runway that means almost home.

Oh no, does that mean no more eloquent daily updates? They will be missed.....
PLeblond likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by PLeblond
Originally Posted by fin 645
Oh no, does that mean no more eloquent daily updates? They will be missed.....
And the fun was just starting.
PLeblond likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.