Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Equipment Change and loss of eUpgrade??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Equipment Change and loss of eUpgrade??

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2019, 8:35 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
It's odd that your wife was selected too for the downgrade when you would have been on different PNRs and her reservation would have been a J class (do you mean FULL J here?) ticket. Why wasn't she given the option to keep her business class seat, with only you going to the back?
Hers was an Aeroplan reward - that was our standard method of travel in those days - I on cheap ticket upgraded to business ( earning points), and she
spending my points travelling in J reward tickets.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 8:49 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
This thread reads like a cautionary tale. I've spent time worrying about this before because I frequently by Y/B fares when I have absolutely no intention of riding in the back, and I've always been aware this kind of downgrade can happen.

I don't really think there's an alternative for me because it's OPM. I'll just continue to worry I guess!
Old Sep 16, 2019, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope
This thread reads like a cautionary tale. I've spent time worrying about this before because I frequently by Y/B fares when I have absolutely no intention of riding in the back, and I've always been aware this kind of downgrade can happen.

I don't really think there's an alternative for me because it's OPM. I'll just continue to worry I guess!
First time it has happened to me in over a MM. Had I been SE I probably would have been OK, though if the app is to believed there are very few upgrades on this route. As E50 I don't play lotto. I keep a very close eye on flights and I also pretty much always have a plan B in mind which is relatively straightforward on this kind of route (I could have connected through YOW, taken the daytimer the next day etc). But it is a pain. No doubt we are still seeing the effects of the MAX on scheduling.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.