Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

YYZ to TPE in AC Business for first time; which side of plane for best views?

Old Sep 15, 19, 8:46 pm
Original Poster

I don't know which thread to ask this.

I'm flying Air Canada Toronto YYZ to Taipei TPE in Business for the first time. First time in Business ever. Which side should I choose my seat for better views out the window?
Same question but (Eva Air) Taipei TPE to Bangkok BKK, and also Air Canada San Francisco SFO to Toronto YYZ?
Old Sep 15, 19, 8:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by Adore View Post
I don't know which thread to ask this.

I'm flying Air Canada Toronto YYZ to Taipei TPE in Business for the first time. First time in Business ever. Which side should I choose my seat for better views out the window?
Same question but (Eva Air) Taipei TPE to Bangkok BKK, and also Air Canada San Francisco SFO to Toronto YYZ?

See my reply here in the Master Seat Thread

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31529118-post152.html
Old Sep 16, 19, 10:55 am

Programs: AC E50K, Flying Blue, Accor Gold, ANA, Avios
Your will have two flights if going YYZ to Taipei. First is to Vancouver, 2nd is Vancouver to Taipei. I always sit on the right side of the plane going in that direction. ( I like to be facing north when looking out the window rather than south). Less glare from the sun (usually, not always)
Adore likes this.
Old Sep 16, 19, 10:59 am

Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
And out of YVR (if it is clear) you have some pretty spectacular views sitting on the RHS. The approach into TPE is more of ocean than anything else, but still nice.
Adore likes this.

Last edited by Bohemian1; Sep 16, 19 at 11:05 am Reason: Don't know my left from my right.
Old Sep 16, 19, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by mapleg View Post
Your will have two flights if going YYZ to Taipei. First is to Vancouver, 2nd is Vancouver to Taipei......
And I had already provided the flight and aircraft and seat details in my post that I linked above

Old Sep 16, 19, 1:50 pm

Programs: Bottom feeder Star Gold
Originally Posted by 24left View Post
And I had already provided the flight and aircraft and seat details in my post that I linked above
It's generally easier and more helpful to receive the answer directly as per mapleg or Bohemian1's replies, rather than be directed to a post in another thread. When directed to a specific "as I already posted here..." post, one receives a single opinion, rather than community input. (Never mind that the linked post is about cabin layouts, which was not the OP's question of 'which side for better views?')
Old Sep 16, 19, 2:42 pm

As for seeing bits of Taiwan: TPE is so close to the ocean you barely fly over land 5 minutes or less. So either side would be good; however like Mapleg I prefer to sit out of the sun (i.e. starboard going east, port going west)..
Adore likes this.
Old Sep 16, 19, 2:45 pm

And (of course) I got those two backwards...
Old Sep 16, 19, 2:48 pm

Programs: AC E50K, Flying Blue, Accor Gold, ANA, Avios
Originally Posted by 24left View Post

Sorry, did not realize this was a private discussion. You did not actually give an opinion on which side of the plane OP should pick...
canadiancow likes this.
Old Sep 16, 19, 2:54 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AC E75K, Chatime Elite
I've flown this route and/or landed in TPE several times. I've found that my flights landed west-east, so you'll want to sit on the right-hand side if you want to see the terminal or planes lined up. You'd also see a large Taiwan flag.

From YVR, sit on the right side as you'll see the mountains and it's less sunny.
vernonc, mapleg and Adore like this.

Search this Thread