Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada Café at YYZ Domestic Gate 20

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 10, 2019, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
Access

Please see this thread for questions on access to the Café. Moderator note: questions about access posted in this thread will be deleted.

Hours

ATTENTION: The Cafe hours have been expanded (earlier and later) from previous hours of 05:30-18:30.
Hours - Mon-Sun 05:15 - 21:30
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34292969-post707.html

THE WEBSITE INDICATES A CLOSING TIME OF MIDNIGHT WHICH IS WRONG.
THIS WIKI REMAINS CORRECT.
Print Wikipost

Air Canada Café at YYZ Domestic Gate 20

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2020, 10:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
If they bring in alcohol, then I'll definitely take it over the MLL. If I ever have access...
Old Feb 19, 2020, 12:29 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
I don't know if it was definitively answered as I have seen this question before.

I have an e-upgraded seat in biz from YYZ-YYC next week, am I able to access the Cafe? I am only E35k, so status won't get me in.
Old Feb 19, 2020, 1:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by YYCNoob
I don't know if it was definitively answered as I have seen this question before.

I have an e-upgraded seat in biz from YYZ-YYC next week, am I able to access the Cafe? I am only E35k, so status won't get me in.
Technically no, but probably yes.
YYCNoob likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2020, 3:11 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 25K, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Sorry... but why is it technically no? Is it like the Signature lounge where it's only paid J, no upgrades or points redemptions?
Old Feb 19, 2020, 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
So long as it's confirmed in advance of showing up at the gate to board, still counts as "flying in business class" and thus eligible and viable for a visit... I don't see why technically no.
Old Feb 19, 2020, 3:29 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by mathemagic
So long as it's confirmed in advance of showing up at the gate to board, still counts as "flying in business class" and thus eligible and viable for a visit... I don't see why technically no.
Because the rules of the eUpgrade program explicitly state that lounge access is per the rules of your original fare (emphasis mine):

Fare Rules

• Although you will be seated in either Premium Economy or Business Class when your upgrade is confirmed, your booking will remain subject to the fare rules and restrictions of the booking class and fare option you originally purchased. These rules include, but are not limited to, mileage accumulation, change and cancellation fees, access to airport lounges and baggage allowance.

So technically, an eUpgrade doesn't grant access to the Café.

But practically, AC's systems don't seem capable of distinguishing this, so the poster may get in even though not entitled to it.
canadiancow and YYCNoob like this.
Old Feb 19, 2020, 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Because the rules of the eUpgrade program explicitly state that lounge access is per the rules of your original fare (emphasis mine):

So technically, an eUpgrade doesn't grant access to the Café.
But if we're being technical, the Café isn't a lounge. It's a café .

Yeah yeah.
Old Feb 26, 2020, 12:52 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy - Ambassador, Air Canada Aeroplan - Super Elite
MLL membership and AC cafe

Does having a paid MLL membership give access to the new AC cafe in YYZ ?
Old Feb 26, 2020, 12:59 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
According to the list of lounges accessible with the Maple Leaf Club membership, no.

And MLC membership is not listed on the Cafe webpage either.
Old Feb 26, 2020, 1:30 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy - Ambassador, Air Canada Aeroplan - Super Elite
I appreciate the reply. I was hoping someone out there had first hand knowledge ( IE went there and used membership card to gain access, or were told to "pound salt")
Old Feb 26, 2020, 1:37 pm

Programs: AC 75K (*G), NEXUS
I was in the Café on Monday afternoon and couldn't believe the crowds! It was the busiest I've ever seen it; I could barely find a seat.
Old Feb 26, 2020, 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by piperdown
I appreciate the reply. I was hoping someone out there had first hand knowledge ( IE went there and used membership card to gain access, or were told to "pound salt")
Remember most people on this board have status, so no need to purchase the MLC membership. Perhaps someone who does have it will post, but I was giving you the best available information. If you try it out, do let us know so that we know for sure. But generally the Cafe is more exclusive than the other AC lounges, and they seem to enforce the rules pretty closely, so I would expect not to get in, if I were in your shoes.
Old Feb 26, 2020, 2:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by marke190
I was in the Café on Monday afternoon and couldn't believe the crowds! It was the busiest I've ever seen it; I could barely find a seat.
Was there on Tuesday afternoon , place was relatively empty. Filled up a bowl of ju-jubes and left
marke190 likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2020, 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by musicmtl
Yeah, AC. It's a Dash 8.

​​​In a few weeks. Will try and report back!
Unfortunately wasn't able to get in because my second flight was transborder. Didn't realize it was for domestic only. (I tried getting in before heading to the F gates.)
Old Feb 27, 2020, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by musicmtl
Unfortunately wasn't able to get in because my second flight was transborder. Didn't realize it was for domestic only. (I tried getting in before heading to the F gates.)
Read upthread... there is anecdotal evidence that this has been allowed for some...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.