Air Canada Café at YYZ Domestic Gate 20

Hide Wikipost
Old Sep 11, 19, 7:54 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: yyznomad
Wiki Link
Eligibility
The new café is reserved exclusively for those departing on a domestic flight flying in Business Class or Premium Rouge as well as Altitude Super Elite® 100K, Altitude Elite 75K and 50K, and Star Alliance® Gold members. We look forward to welcoming you inside soon.
In other words, no E35K, lounge passes, or credit cards. And also, not eligible for any arrivals, so have your departing boarding pass ready and don't hold up the line to get in with your DYKWIA special snowflake dance and prance.
Print Wikipost

Old Aug 21, 19, 4:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K, 2MM
Air Canada Café at YYZ Domestic Gate 20

Hi,

I expected to see a thread on this by now as I received this yesterday - but alas no thread has yet been started.

"We greatly value your loyalty and invite you to be among the first to discover our all-new airport lounge concept at Toronto Pearson International Airport, the first lounge of its kind in North America."

Across from a domestic gate nonetheless.

This sounds exciting and a new lounge concept in North America. Having been to the Signature Suite many times over the last two years for International flights, I have to say the "lounge game" has been upped big time. May the spoils continue!

Cheers,
diddy

---
Thursday, September 5, 2019 11 AM–1 PM Toronto Pearson International Airport – Gate D20We greatly value your loyalty and invite you to be among the first to discover our all-new airport lounge concept at Toronto Pearson International Airport, the first lounge of its kind in North America.
Old Aug 21, 19, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC S100K, Accor Plat, Bonvoy Gold, HH Diamond
First of its kind in NA? So... like... an express lounge where you can grab a coffee and a sandwich before your Rapidair flight?

I don't think this is going to be the domestic Signature Suite.
Old Aug 21, 19, 4:23 pm

Programs: AC E35K (*S), WS Gold, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by canadiancow View Post
First of its kind in NA? So... like... an express lounge where you can grab a coffee and a sandwich before your Rapidair flight?

Please just be something with a decent food offering. Even sandwiches as you suggested would be good. Something to prevent me from buying food in the airport like I often do because of the lack of substantial food in the domestic mll.
Old Aug 21, 19, 4:45 pm
Original Poster

It certinly sounds like much more than the express lounge in the "tin shed". Let's hope this is domestic connections taking it to the next level.

Especially since those that connect off an international flight "cant always get what they want"!
Old Aug 21, 19, 5:03 pm

Programs: AC E50K (*G), NEXUS
I wonder if this concept will come to fruition in the area under construction in YYZ DOM where the timmies used to be.
Old Aug 21, 19, 7:28 pm

Programs: AC*S100K ACMM / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by canadiancow View Post

My guess: it's a combination lounge/waiting area with immediate access to the boarding zones.

Like this:
Old Aug 21, 19, 9:15 pm

Programs: AC-E50K, *G, WS-Gold, Nexus, HH-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, Hertz-PC
Originally Posted by marke190 View Post
I wonder if this concept will come to fruition in the area under construction in YYZ DOM where the timmies used to be.
Not sure I’d this would make much sense so close to the existing DOM MLL...
Old Aug 21, 19, 9:15 pm

Programs: AC P25K, Priority Pass, AMEX MR, UA Mileage Plus
If I see anything under construction, I'll post some pics while I am flying through YYZ in a few days...

I would assume it will just be another express MLL like the one by the distant transborder gates.
Bohemian1 and marke190 like this.
Old Aug 22, 19, 6:51 am

Programs: air miles
Wonder if this post is related to the new lounge:

Old Aug 22, 19, 7:01 am

Programs: AC SE*100K
Originally Posted by JustSomeGuy1978 View Post
Wonder if this post is related to the new lounge:

https://twitter.com/TorontoPearson/status/1164181428843819008?s=20
No, this is the secure corridor that will (eventually, one day) replace the current customs / D/E/F intersection cluster**** / bus transfer for getting from US/INTL back to DOM. It has been under construction for a while.

I can't see AC building another express lounge steps from the main lounge (D20 is right there...) unless they're putting this in as something temporary and the next announcement is that they are gutting and replacing and somehow enlarging the old lounge, which is beyond desperately needed at YYZ DOM. I guess we'll see.
Old Aug 22, 19, 7:13 am

Programs: AC SE 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by diddy View Post
It certinly sounds like much more than the express lounge in the "tin shed". Let's hope this is domestic connections taking it to the next level.

Especially since those that connect off an international flight "cant always get what they want"!
The express lounge in the tin shed is nice only because the main transborder lounge sucks, and because you can have the express lounge all to yourself (I did for an hour on Monday).

While the main domestic lounge is pretty awful (crowded and tired) I can't imagine that a lounge located at D20 won't ever not be crowded. Unless it is for SE on a paid J fare only. I can hear the howls of dismay already.
Old Sep 4, 19, 7:14 pm
Original Poster

Anyone with more information on the "lounge concept" by D20? Event is tomorrow so whatever has been done there should be more or less available but I haven't been near the domestic gates in a while. Otherwise hopefully someone invited is allowed to post details or AC makes a more public announcement...
Old Sep 4, 19, 8:09 pm

Programs: AC P25K, Priority Pass, AMEX MR, UA Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by codfather View Post
If I see anything under construction, I'll post some pics while I am flying through YYZ in a few days...

I would assume it will just be another express MLL like the one by the distant transborder gates.
Damn, I had a tight YYZ connection on the way back. I did not have time to stop, but I am still looking forward to seeing the news release tomorrow!
Old Sep 4, 19, 8:10 pm

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
I have an invitation to go, so I may swing by tomorrow...time permitting
Old Sep 4, 19, 8:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC E75K 2MM former 14-year SE; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
I guess this is only for SEs.
Non-SE 2MMers are chopped liver.

There's no YUL Int'l MLL access for Gate 50+ domestics anymore, but I can still make it NRD time! HAHA.

Is this an SE-only lounge for domestic?

Search this Thread