Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Earn Your Wings (EYW) 2019

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2019, 6:07 pm

Programs: status-free
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Sitting near YYC right now, I'm a little concerned that I have 12-segment days in November.
It'll be Spring by then.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 2:35 pm

Programs: Nothing to brag about. I was once upgraded to the Fairmont Gold Floor for 10 hours.
FARE HELP

Originally Posted by biglinguist
It'll be Spring by then.
Hi Gang - can you please help me understand this contest? I bought a "Flex" flight pass for work, but the flights are booked Flex M so I cant tell if they qualify? Here is a pasted quote from the AC website rules:

To qualify for the Promotion, the flight segments must be travelled in the following eligible fare options: Economy Flex, Comfort, Economy Latitude, Premium Economy lowest and Premium Economy flexible, Premium Rouge, Business Class lowest and Business Class flexible.
The following fare options are not eligible in the Earn Your Wings Promotion: Economy Basic (M,U,H,Q,V,W,G,S,T,L,A,K,F) and Economy Standard (M,U,H,Q,V,W,G,S,T,L,A,K,F).
Old Sep 30, 2019, 2:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Yes, they qualify.
CuriousKazza likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 3:16 pm

Programs: Nothing to brag about. I was once upgraded to the Fairmont Gold Floor for 10 hours.
Exclamation Connecting Flights

Hi Gang - please help this Rookie!

Air Canada is telling me my flights don't qualify because they were connecting flights. The one we are discussing was YYC - YEG - YYZ. This is their message to me:

On the matter of your YYC-YYZ flight, as per the Terms & Conditions: "The Promotion applies to all scheduled non-stop flights operated by Air Canada, including flights operated under the Air Canada Express banner, and Air Canada Rouge, for travel between September 9, 2019, and November 29, 2019, that are eligible for Aeroplan Mile accumulation." Had the flights been booked separately as YYC-YEG, and then YEG-YYZ, they would have been eligible.

Is anybody else experiencing this? What about ALL of the international flights - dont you necessarily need to connect to get on one, if you don't live in the departing city? Is this legit?

Thank you -
Old Sep 30, 2019, 3:23 pm

What were the flight numbers?
Old Sep 30, 2019, 3:29 pm

what were the flight numbers?
ac8134 + ac1574
Old Sep 30, 2019, 3:35 pm

Those should both be eligible. I assume they were booked in Flex or higher?

I find the people responding to emails don't always have the same technical knowledge as, say, a res agent.

The restriction about non-stops is because something like AC 33 YYZ-SYD with a stop in YVR does not count as YYZ-YVR and YVR-SYD, it just counts as YYZ-SYD.

You'll need to push back on this, assuming it was an eligible fare class.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 3:36 pm

Canadiancow they did credit these - thank you for the tip!

Those should both be eligible. I assume they were booked in Flex or higher?

I find the people responding to emails don't always have the same technical knowledge as, say, a res agent.

The restriction about non-stops is because something like AC 33 YYZ-SYD with a stop in YVR does not count as YYZ-YVR and YVR-SYD, it just counts as YYZ-SYD.

You'll need to push back on this, assuming it was an eligible fare class.

You're awesome, thank you! They were booked in Flex. I will keep pushing back!

Last edited by CuriousKazza; Oct 8, 2019 at 1:08 pm Reason: update!
Old Oct 1, 2019, 2:45 pm

Programs: AC SE100K/*G, Nexus
Mystery Badge #2?

On the EYW site, mystery badges #2 and #3 haven't yet been revealed. However, this is on the Altitude website under "News and Updates" today. It's dated October 10, but today is obviously October 1. Is it the next mystery badge?

Old Oct 1, 2019, 3:06 pm

Book between Oct 10 and Oct 18 for travel by Oct 18.

Yeah I'll have 0 eligible segments.
Old Oct 1, 2019, 3:08 pm

Programs: AC SE100K/*G, Nexus
It doesn't mention a booking window...you think that's implied?
Old Oct 1, 2019, 3:25 pm

Programs: AC, SK, Marriott
Originally Posted by kenlor
It doesn't mention a booking window...you think that's implied?
The date on the left says October 10th and the description says "starts today" and runs till the 18th
Old Oct 1, 2019, 4:37 pm

Programs: status-free
Originally Posted by TechnoTourist
The date on the left says October 10th and the description says "starts today" and runs till the 18th
But it doesn't say for flights *booked* starting "today" (Oct 10). edit: on the other hand, the blurb for the time zone challenge didn't say that either, but the expanded T&C did.

Last edited by biglinguist; Oct 1, 2019 at 4:39 pm Reason: Stopped to think
Old Oct 1, 2019, 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by biglinguist
But it doesn't say for flights *booked* starting "today" (Oct 10). edit: on the other hand, the blurb for the time zone challenge didn't say that either, but the expanded T&C did.
I can't think of any other mystery badge that applied to flights booked before the day it was announced, so I think it's a pretty safe bet that you'll have to book after Oct 10.
Old Oct 1, 2019, 5:10 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, IHG Diamond, National Exec Elite
Does this mean the last Mystery badge will come out AFTER the booking window ends? Another survey maybe?
canadiancow likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.