Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Earn Your Wings (EYW) 2019

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2019, 6:33 pm

Programs: AC S100K, HH Silver
Forgot to mention: the crew of the YXH flights that YYZTOXYZ and I were on today, and who knew all about the EYW contest, suggested that next year there should be badges and wings given to AC crew when they get photos together with EYW participants. Perhaps more wings based on leaderboard position? I figured it would be something that Cow, myself and any other software developers (engineers in the USA) could put together. 😉
canadiancow likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2019, 10:39 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
So who wants to help WTME?

Firstly, be aware that I'm no threat. Present projections are 8-10k wings.

I just want to get a small taste of the madness you folk endure.

Nov 26/27/28 I find myself with some free time. Presently I have a $500 and (2) $300 vouchers.

I'm thinking one segment run that is between 700-800 (max 2 vouchers and they have to combine to cover cost) and a smaller one of max $500. I am open to ideas but not prepared to waste my kids' money to fuel my curiosity.

Base is YVR. I don't need sleep or hotels or anything like that. I just need to maintain enough body strength to hold up a cooler in the MLL.

Any ideas?
Old Oct 11, 2019, 12:44 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, AC 1MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold,Hertz something or other, Sandals Sapphire, etc

Mystery Badge #2

Biceps, Triceps and Quads Badge

Give your Wings a bonus full-body workout with this week’s challenge – for every five (5) segments completed, you’ll earn 50% more Wings! Complete 10 segments and we’ll increase your gains by 100% the Wings earned. Drop and give us 20 and you'll earn 150% more Wings! And then afterwards, we’ll all go for wings. Only routes booked and travelled between October 10 and October 18, 2019, are eligible. All other badges for these routes are not eligible during these dates. Let’s go!

Ummm, I am confused by by the bold statement. Does that mean that other badges like Wing Tips and Globetrotter Badges, etc will not be earned, or that they do not qualify for the 50%, 100% extra wings?
canadiancow likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2019, 1:38 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, AC 1MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold,Hertz something or other, Sandals Sapphire, etc
can someone remind me how to fix the Google Flight link to AC to make it a flex of comfort fare from economy standard??
Old Oct 11, 2019, 1:55 pm

If you read the terms and conditions it states:

"The Biceps, Triceps and Quads Badge can only be earned for takeoffs and landings at airports eligible for the Joy of Flying, Destination and Super Destination Badges."

So I am assuming you can still earn other badges but only the take off/landings will count for 1x, 2x or 3x.
Old Oct 11, 2019, 2:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Yhztraveller
can someone remind me how to fix the Google Flight link to AC to make it a flex of comfort fare from economy standard??
Use ITA Power tools instead. You can get the CO/FL in the search, and deep link that way.
Yhztraveller likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2019, 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Use ITA Power tools instead. You can get the CO/FL in the search, and deep link that way.
Tks, but I can't figure out how to change the fare codes??
Old Oct 11, 2019, 3:09 pm

Programs: AC, SK, Marriott
Originally Posted by Yhztraveller
Tks, but I can't figure out how to change the fare codes??
In extension codes use f ac..-tg for standard, f ac..-fl for flex, f ac..-co for comfort
canadiancow likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2019, 3:39 pm

I'm currently flying on AC, on a PNR booked in June. This makes me very sad. I could use another SFO.
Old Oct 11, 2019, 4:14 pm

Programs: AC SE100K/*G, Nexus
Has anyone else noticed the discrepancy in the Biceps, Triceps badge descriptions?

The Altitude website says "For every 5 segments completed by October 18, 2019 you’ll earn double the Wings. For every 10, we’ll triple your gains, and for 20, you’ll earn quadruple!" (bolding mine)

The EYW website says "for every five (5) segments completed, you’ll earn 50% more Wings! Complete 10 segments and we’ll increase your gains by 100% the Wings earned. Drop and give us 20 and you'll earn 150% more Wings!"

A bonus of 50% more wings is not double the wings (2x), it is one and a half times (1.5x, or 150% total).
A bonus of 100% more wings is not triple the wings (3x), it is double (2x, or 200% total).
A bonus of 150% more wings is not quadruple the wings (4x), it is two and a half times (2.5x, or 250% total).

I guess word problems aren't the EYW teams forte
Old Oct 11, 2019, 5:09 pm

Programs: AC SE100K , 1MM, Hilton Diamond, KLM
Originally Posted by kenlor
Has anyone else noticed the discrepancy in the Biceps, Triceps badge descriptions?

The Altitude website says "For every 5 segments completed by October 18, 2019 you’ll earn double the Wings. For every 10, we’ll triple your gains, and for 20, you’ll earn quadruple!" (bolding mine)

The EYW website says "for every five (5) segments completed, you’ll earn 50% more Wings! Complete 10 segments and we’ll increase your gains by 100% the Wings earned. Drop and give us 20 and you'll earn 150% more Wings!"

A bonus of 50% more wings is not double the wings (2x), it is one and a half times (1.5x, or 150% total).
A bonus of 100% more wings is not triple the wings (3x), it is double (2x, or 200% total).
A bonus of 150% more wings is not quadruple the wings (4x), it is two and a half times (2.5x, or 250% total).

I guess word problems aren't the EYW teams forte
And what will the EYW team use for the contest ??????
Old Oct 11, 2019, 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by traacs
And what will the EYW team use for the contest ??????
I assume the EYW team will use the terms as stated on the EYW site.
Old Oct 12, 2019, 7:04 am

Programs: AC SE MM; SPG Plat
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I assume the EYW team will use the terms as stated on the EYW site.
So if someone books based on the Altitude site's description ... sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen!
Old Oct 12, 2019, 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Are there "lawsuit wings?" "Redbull?" " Wing and a Prayer?" Interesting to read the threads on EYW
Old Oct 12, 2019, 9:01 am

Does anyone else have issues with checking in online with 4+ segments on a single PNR?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.