Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question: International SDC P class possible?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question: International SDC P class possible?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2019, 1:35 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Let us know where you get to, but I don't think this should be an issue (space available). YOW is a connection, in this case, rather than a stopover, which would be >24 hours.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 8:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: NEXUS GE, TSA-Pre, AC E50K
Originally Posted by IluvSQ
Sorry, I have wimped out. I saw yesterday that P space opened up the YYZ-PVG non-stop, so I paid the $200 for a confirmed
change from my original YYZ-YUL-PVG routing. I decided that 3 hour later departure, plus lunch in the Signature Lounge, was worth
the extra $125 over the SDC fee.
Nice - So a P fare opened up on my flight as well. But the CHG fee for TATL trips seems to be $500 instead of the $200 to PVG/China.
Seems like lots of space in the plane for now though. I will let this play out.
Totally agree that the extra $125 for the signature lounge + 3 hours later and a direct is worth it.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 2:06 pm
Original Poster

Just wanted to close the loop on this.
Shortly after midnight J went from 3 to 0.

I swung by the concierge office and they were open to moving me however all YYZ-LHR flights were showing 0 for J. There was a bad storm the day before and lots of mis-connects.....Most of the flights were showing -17 oversold in Y.
Anyways, I was able to enjoy the good old J in the 787 ​​ 767 pods before they retire. The crew made multiple references to the 737MAX issue as keeping these old planes alive.
I'd forgotten what its like in the old pods. Can stretch your feet / legs upwards, but the lack of table space kinda sucks compared to the signature cabins today.

Last edited by knotseh; Jul 11, 2019 at 7:58 pm Reason: Wrong airplane model
Old Jul 11, 2019, 7:41 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by knotseh
Anyways, I was able to enjoy the good old J in the 787 pods before they retire.​
​​​​​​

Yeah, a lot of us are looking forward to when those deflating 787 pods retire

The crew made multiple references to the 737MAX issue as keeping these old planes alive.
I don't think that's accurate. The AC fleet plan was always to retire them in late 2019 and I don't think that has changed. The 763s are likely limited by timing of D checks, so even if AC wants to keep them flying, it's not necessarily feasible. Just as they've had to start retiring the older 320s.

I'd forgotten what its like in the old pods. Can stretch your feet / legs upwards, but the lack of table space kinda sucks compared to the signature cabins today.
Also bothersome to a tall person to me is that the pods are definitely shorter.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 7:45 pm

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by knotseh
Just wanted to close the loop on this.
Shortly after midnight J went from 3 to 0.

I swung by the concierge office and they were open to moving me however all YYZ-LHR flights were showing 0 for J. There was a bad storm the day before and lots of mis-connects.....Most of the flights were showing -17 oversold in Y.
Anyways, I was able to enjoy the good old J in the 787 pods before they retire. The crew made multiple references to the 737MAX issue as keeping these old planes alive.
Looks like a typo above. It sounds as if you flew in a 767, not 787 , from your comments.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 7:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IluvSQ
Looks like a typo above. It sounds as if you flew in a 767, not 787 , from your comments.
Correct. It's a 767. My bad. I'll fix this typo

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.