FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   YYZ Transborder F84+ Gate Renovation; could it be a new MLL?? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1971597-yyz-transborder-f84-gate-renovation-could-new-mll.html)

lcohen999 Jun 24, 2019 7:47 am

Originally Posted by nm761 (Post 31230168)
As far as I understand, that's due to space constraints there plus there's PressReader available for all your digital reading needs.

Oh, I get the reasons. It was just an amusing thing to put on the announcement

Fiordland Jun 24, 2019 10:49 am

Originally Posted by yyznomad (Post 31220492)
So like hot food served from 12:01PM to 12:23PM (briskly removed by contract staff, as if their lives were at stake) and 5:46PM to 6:02PM (briskly removed by contract staff, as if their lives were at stake).

Perhaps the chef in the backroom attended a Gorden Ramsey course on promptness of service, staff management. Clearly due to flight delays he probably did not attend the seiminar on taste, and flavour. :)

OSSYULYYZ Jun 30, 2019 7:16 pm

YYZ T1 Pier G

Rumours had it on FT that Pier G would open up on 21 June. I had a flight out of Gate F93, and the only real difference I could see was that the Maple Leaf Lounge opened...?

YXUhomebase Jul 1, 2019 5:04 am

I would much rather have had a moving sidewalk

sometimes when landing at midnight a gate F 99 I yearn for the buses of old.

The lounge is nice idea though if only to make it easier about deciding when to make the long trek

too often you leave the MLL and make the walk a little faster than you expect and remind yourself that AC is rarely boarding at the time they say ... and end up wishing you could be back in the lounge ...

ChrisA330 Jul 1, 2019 6:56 am

Originally Posted by OSSYULYYZ (Post 31256444)
Rumours had it on FT that Pier G would open up on 21 June. I had a flight out of Gate F93, and the only real difference I could see was that the Maple Leaf Lounge opened...?

There are 5 additional gates on the west side of the facility with bridges for boarding.

HerpaYvr Jul 1, 2019 3:23 pm

Finally found the Lounge Express!

So upon check-in at Transborder, priority desk, she did not know where it was.

Walked to Tim's as I needed (not wanted) but needed a Tim's. I asked the uniformed Air Canada employee in front of me if she was a YYZ gate agent, she said yes. I asked where the new MLL lounge was and she has no idea what I was saying.

I called the concierge desk to ask as we walked back, she told me it was just past security.....that is the main MLL, never mind I will look for it.

Walked and found it!

It's a nice quaint area, quiet. There are three customers and three employees at the moment, they are helpful and polite.

yyznomad Jul 1, 2019 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by HerpaYvr (Post 31259397)
Finally found the Lounge Express!

So upon check-in at Transborder, priority desk, she did not know where it was.

Walked to Tim's as I needed (not wanted) but needed a Tim's. I asked the uniformed Air Canada employee in front of me if she was a YYZ gate agent, she said yes. I asked where the new MLL lounge was and she has no idea what I was saying.

I called the concierge desk to ask as we walked back, she told me it was just past security.....that is the main MLL, never mind I will look for it.

Walked and found it!

It's a nice quaint area, quiet. There are three customers and three employees at the moment, they are helpful and polite.

So the concierge team has no clue. Great.

HerpaYvr Jul 1, 2019 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad (Post 31259417)
So the concierge team has no clue. Great.

Nope, and there is no signage at all.

signage would be nice. The smoked glass doors are very dark, my son thought they were closed. I provided my feedback to the AC employee working, she was neutral on my comment.

It is a nice setup, with everything working and so clean.

yyznomad Jul 1, 2019 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by HerpaYvr (Post 31259439)
Nope, and there is no signage at all.

Why am I not shocked.

Originally Posted by HerpaYvr (Post 31259439)

It is a nice setup, with everything working and so clean.

Give it another week or two.

lcohen999 Jul 2, 2019 3:36 am

So currently sitting by F93 right now

Took a quick look at the MLL. Very nice, simple and same breakfast offerings as the regular lounge. It's basically one long rectangle, bar/food on one side and seating the rest.

It is very nice and given what these gates used to look like, this is much , much better

A few other musings

There is now a ful-service Starbucks down here, which is excellent. As well, there is finally an escalator heading down to these gates. Which is a nice touch.

yyznomad Jul 2, 2019 9:05 am

Despite my sarcasm in this thread, it's nice to see the T1 "Beach" finally get some TLC after a decade or so.
If any of you remember the former T2's (Long) East Beach, it was just a dreadful, depressing, and dumpy place to be to wait for one's flight... and don't even mention the walk from the old TB MLL... makes the current walk seem like a short stroll.

OSSYULYYZ Jul 2, 2019 9:54 am

Originally Posted by lcohen999 (Post 31260926)
So currently sitting by F93 right now

There is now a ful-service Starbucks down here, which is excellent. As well, there is finally an escalator heading down to these gates. Which is a nice touch.

The escalator has been in the works for a while. When I went through 7 June, it was there but not functioning. It looked more like an arrivals escalator which didn't make sense based off the location, but it was a departures one as proven when I went through on 28 June. I noticed on that date that there were more travellers going through US Pre-clearance, but I did not know of the `containment issue' until after I landed in the States.

YVRtoYYZ Nov 17, 2019 7:10 am

First time here. Very difficult to find (no signage leading to it). Completely empty though I would say food options are more limited than TB MLL.

No washroom which I find surprising as I would have expected at least one.

entropy Dec 3, 2019 8:43 am

WAlked by here; but it looked closed (on thanksgiving, last thurs.)

The new jetbridges are very nice and it looked like they're using it for some Rogue flights and United.

Upon returning yesterday, they had a down ramp back into the walk towards customs, but it looks like they will have a same-floor (upper) path soon? The GTAA doesn't seem to spell out what they are actually planning to do here, but I think there's more work ahead to make it a more permanent facility (other than nebulously talking about Pier H being in process...

secretalcoholic Dec 3, 2019 11:13 am

Weird, walked by here this morning as well since departing from F94. It was closed, I thought maybe renovations were still going on since I rarely depart from this area.
I must say I dig the less busy/chaotic starbucks at this part of the terminal.