FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   YYZ Transborder F84+ Gate Renovation; could it be a new MLL?? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1971597-yyz-transborder-f84-gate-renovation-could-new-mll.html)

lcohen999 Jun 11, 2019 2:51 pm

One would imagine it will feel like a small station MLL

YQR but...newer

jazzsax Jun 11, 2019 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by lcohen999 (Post 31193010)
One would imagine it will feel like a small station MLL

YQR but...newer

Still think the YWG reno is one of the nicest for a small station lounge. Did a great job there.

lcohen999 Jun 11, 2019 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by jazzsax (Post 31193291)
Still think the YWG reno is one of the nicest for a small station lounge. Did a great job there.

agreed...and YYT

D582 Jun 11, 2019 11:24 pm

Originally Posted by canopus27 (Post 31192766)
I'm here right now.

The agents told me that it will have "light" service, but that it will have alcohol.

The YYZ TB MLL is already "light" service... there's barely anything offered there. How much lighter could it be?

yyznomad Jun 12, 2019 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by D582 (Post 31194064)
The YYZ TB MLL is already "light" service... there's barely anything offered there. How much lighter could it be?

No showers, business centre/computers, and no cell-free zone? :p
(grasping at straws)

Jasper2009 Jun 12, 2019 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by D582 (Post 31194064)

I'd assume:

- no separate areas in the lounge
-possibly a higher percentage of bar stools / work tables vs. traditional lounge chairs
- no showers
- no business center
- no space / facilities to serve / prepare hot food

I'd expect something along the lines of one room with rather sense seating (mostly bar stools and work tables) and (hopefully) a full self-serve bar with coffee machine and a small area for snacks/fruit/etc.

canadiancow Jun 12, 2019 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by Jasper2009 (Post 31196043)
I'd assume:

-possibly a higher percentage of bar stools / work tables vs. traditional lounge chairs
- no showers
- no business center

I'd expect something along the lines of one room with rather sense seating (mostly bar stools and work tables) and (hopefully) a full self-serve bar with coffee machine and a small area for snacks/fruit/etc.

While I agree with everything you've suggested, hot food barely even exists in YYZ TB. Showers are only in YVR, YYZ, and YUL international (at least within North America).

I just realized how common the business center is though.

So it sounds like YQR or the old YYT (though this one had a business center I think) would be pretty similar.

yyznomad Jun 12, 2019 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow (Post 31196315)
While I agree with everything you've suggested, hot food barely even exists in YYZ TB. Showers are only in YVR, YYZ, and YUL international (at least within North America).

NM. I realized you meant YUL int'l and not all of the other int'l.
But yeah, that's why I didn't say anything about hot food in my comparison response. TB MLL food is sorely lacking. :p

Probably no lavs in the "light" MLL... go out into the beach area and use the peon lavs. :D

Jasper2009 Jun 12, 2019 2:36 pm

While I agree with everything you've suggested, hot food barely even exists in YYZ TB.

I fully agree. My point was more that AC could offer a decent food spread incl. hot items if it wanted to in its current lounges, but AC has chosen not to in an attempt to save a few bucks. On the other hand, I'd expect the new lounge to not have the capability to serve/prepare hot food in the first place.

Showers are only in YVR, YYZ, and YUL international (at least within North America).

True, but all three MLLs at YYZ (int'l, domestic and transborder) have showers - so the new lounge will be different in the context of YYZ lounge facilities.

yyznomad Jun 12, 2019 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by Jasper2009 (Post 31196374)

True, but all three MLLs at YYZ (int'l, domestic and transborder) have showers - so the new lounge will be different in the context of YYZ lounge facilities.

I interpreted the same as you, but I realized what @canadiancow meant was that all YYZ MLLs have showers, all YVR MLLs have showers, and only YUL international has showers.

canadiancow Jun 12, 2019 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by Jasper2009 (Post 31196374)

The SS doesn't ;)

Only the "regular" Maple Leaf Lounges do :p

Jasper2009 Jun 12, 2019 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow (Post 31196399)
The SS doesn't ;)

Only the "regular" Maple Leaf Lounges do :p

True - but I wrote MLLs, and afaik the Signature Suite technically is not considered to be a MLL, is it? :p

Sean Peever Jun 12, 2019 2:47 pm

I'm sitting in the YYZ TB right now, worth taking a look over by f84 or nothing really of substance yet?

canopus27 Jun 12, 2019 7:43 pm

Originally Posted by Sean Peever (Post 31196422)
I'm sitting in the YYZ TB right now, worth taking a look over by f84 or nothing really of substance yet?

I just arrived back in YYZ, disembarking at the magical & mythical F84 area.

The new lounge is still not open, there's nothing more to see from the outside than the pictures I took yesterday.

Originally Posted by Jasper2009 (Post 31196043)
I'd assume:

- no showers
- no business center

Umm ... you guys did all see the pictures I took, right? Including the picture of the inside? It is indeed just one room, and there's a picture of it above.

canopus27 Jun 12, 2019 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad (Post 31196328)
Probably no lavs in the "light" MLL... go out into the beach area and use the peon lavs. :D

Yes, that's my belief. You guys kill me asking about showers .... @yyznomad is right, there aren't even bathrooms from what I could see.